Forum

Granary: red spawns messed up

Created 12th June 2011 @ 20:05

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Bizarre Inc.

{DnF}

We recently keep running into this known issue that red spawns are messed up and the medic frequently spawns on the far right of the room, slowing down the medic/sollie rollout, affecting the demo’s overheal and losing time on uber.

Problem and solutions discussed here http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=16995

Could this be fixed and the league use a different version? Or should pressure be put on Valve to fix the official version?

bind KEY “kill”

Kinyu

popkõrns

Medic needs to make a kill bind, pretty ez. This happened on BLU side too and this has been forever.

Bizarre Inc.

{DnF}

You still lose a second or two of uber building though right?

IPZIE

SUAVE

destiny!

AnimaL

Quoted from Bizarre Inc.

You still lose a second or two of uber building though right?

the kind of advantage only yank could care about

or div5 tryhards

in fact, u can find where u will spawn when u join server as medic and u gonna spawn for first time at the same place u will when round starts…i think

Last edited by AnimaL,

dauk

You should see how many sticky traps it is possible to place when you are on blu, not mentioning red’s last left has a roof where sollies can jump up and demolish if teams is holding right side near spawn.

Skully

Quoted from Panic of the Undead

bind KEY “kill”

Pendji

I think all maps should be made without any detail at all. Grey walls everywhere. That would be nice.

Waebi

‹Con›

i rage every time it happens

Leftism

W.tf
KC&LtL

In hammer, player spawn points don’t have a priority over other ones within the same spawn room that the creator can actively edit accordingly. I think TF2 reads the spawn points in terms of which one was created in hammer first, i.e the first person to join BLU team, for instance, will get the first spawn point created in that appropriate spawn room.

Like others have said, however, just getting a bind for kill/explode should suffice for this problem – it’s been around for a while and if Valve did have a solution for this problem it would’ve been fixed by now. :P

Swarlz

Quoted from Panic of the Undead

bind KEY “kill”

exactly, it’s not a messed up or bugged this is how it’s meant to be. It’s part of the game, bind your key to kill and sort it out, it brings in some kind of reaction skill into actually playing medic, bit of game awareness rather than hurpadurpa healing my demo. You can still get a full buff on your demo and soldiers and scouts if you know what you’re doing. Now man up and play

Rotab

≧◡≦

Quoted from Leftism

In hammer, player spawn points don’t have a priority over other ones within the same spawn room that the creator can actively edit accordingly. I think TF2 reads the spawn points in terms of which one was created in hammer first, i.e the first person to join BLU team, for instance, will get the first spawn point created in that appropriate spawn room.

Like others have said, however, just getting a bind for kill/explode should suffice for this problem – it’s been around for a while and if Valve did have a solution for this problem it would’ve been fixed by now. :P

Just re-create the spawn points just like Boojum did and voilá

Leftism

W.tf
KC&LtL

Quoted from Rotab

[…]

Just re-create the spawn points just like Boojum did and voilá

…and you don’t think people have already tried that…?

EDIT: A quick read through the topic shows that someone managed to get the red spawns working properly now. Something to do with changing entity-text entries using something outside of the SDK.

A download link can be found here: http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=4664

And a Youtube video showing the new spawn positions here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSkfivxSdj8

Them mappers at Tf2maps are smart cookies. :D

Last edited by Leftism,

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from Swarlz

[…]

exactly, it’s not a messed up or bugged this is how it’s meant to be.

sometimes, Swarlz darling, I cannot tell if you are trolling or serious. If the former is the case, gz on it. If it’s the latter: wtf is wrong with your head – it’s something that can easily be fixed.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »