Forum

cp_collis

Created 9th August 2010 @ 19:19

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 12 Next »

archy

somehow the thread has reached its 8th page but there is no post on the 8th page…

anyways:

i really like the different opinions on the map. it really shows how different tastes are. :D
i had people reporting that last was their favourite point… others said that the 2nd is the jewel of the map (litterally) and the thirds said that mid is awesome.

I will post again when I got the feeling that the feedback of the cup has finished. But as for the issue with the last point: I noticed it as well specing all games of XEN up to the semi finals (They really seemed prepared and had a plan.. i was impressed). I already have some ideas prepared concerning changes to last. But as I said: Im gonna wait for the rest of the feedback :)

cheers

DIEHARDD

I like the idea and the look of the map, but in overall I didn’t enjoy it, sorry archy.

xtala

I really like the overall feel of the map, and I quite like the design of last as well.
It’s just that it’s pisseasy to defend it.

Oh and the waterfall is awesome :p

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Well the map design i got some questions about but the pace was fast which suited our team a lot. So it was a fun map, after playing it and gettign to know the gameplay I quickly realised a lot of so called ‘NINJA STICKIEZ LOL’ places were useless from when I went through it. Though still got some good traps so it was interesting. Gameplay overall was pretty fun for me anyway.

Map itself – got some queries about last point and spire, last point is small perhaps too small, really close to the spawn and very little room to manoevre. I like the little bit on bottom left, but I think the whole last point/lobby area needs working.

Second point I actually liked although it is huge, I didn’t mind so much but pushing it with even ubers is hard. Does slow gameplay down I think, or it will cos it is hard to push from, bright side is much easier to get picks like sniper through the main doors or the right side bridge. Water bit is fine, felt so exposed on spire when i went up, the whole far right bits with the trees, so many hiding spots – so many possibilities. Had to keep remembering to say ‘check water under the bridge’.

Finally middle point. Oh man so confusing…too many entrances, all square. I can say it is definately different from the rest of the mid fights. More possibilities, more flanking routes, 2 level point (makes me shit myself, my medic was like ‘I am so gonna get raped on this middle). I think there is…a little too many possibilities on middle, for my liking. Close off a door or two I dunno, some people liked it I guess…

Oh and another thing, the ammo and health packs, some of them were badly placed. The one back right on middle by the trees, one in the bottom lobby (why is there even a crates there?) and some small packs seemingly scattered about.On middle especially, had to drop down to get a health pack so losing height for health, Like to see health packs on top on middle.

edit – when we played the 2 russians in the semi final and final, the waterfall stopped showing for us.

Last edited by Hildreth,

Linus

[d¿s]

lovely looking map, some great ideas, overall didnt enjoy it that much though :[

couldve been the annoyance because of our scouts noshowing, i suppose. :D

2nd cap was really good though.

Despite initial worries over mid point, it was actually quite enjoyable and the fights on it were fast-paced. I like how the point can be captured from both above and below.

The main problem I had with the map was the 2nd/4th spire point, specifically attacking it from mid. On occasions where we hadn’t wiped the other team on mid, it was extremely difficult to capture because of how large the space is, and because the terrain is uphill (=innate advantage for defending team). The defending team can hold very far back and have a view of all entrances easily (hence the utility of a sniper on attack, I guess, yet it’s still easy for the medic to hide – even up on the point). It just felt like it slowed the game down a bit too much.

While others had concerns for the last point, I didn’t think it was too bad. Perhaps a little claustrophobic.

Beffah

[TFH]

Downloaded it after seeing it here, ran a few play tests on a server I just put up.

General response was overall very good – the only thing I heard a few people saying was that they didn’t like the lights over the waterfalls, and that they thought it was too “busy.”

I personally liked it, though I can imagine some very prolonged fights over mid. I’m looking forward to them. :D

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from DIEHARDD

I like the idea and the look of the map, but in overall I didn’t enjoy it, sorry archy.

I’d like to find out what pushing to last is like! :p

freakz

[8U]

At first it seemed great but during the game it was too flanky or smth, awful map imo :(

herpderp

DAKKA

The only things I don’t like about this map is the choke between Spire and Mid, and last point being as small as it is. Other than that it seems allright, although it is a bit short (distance between points isn’t very long but the map is very wide if you know what I mean).

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

I really liked it. Although I felt that pushing from mid to 2nd was annoying as it was very hard to get picks without a sniper as neither side had any incentive to push it seemed a lot of the time; as there are only three real entrances easily watched. But apart form that it was good. Although last is cramped and I would of loved to see a Kritz in action by the attackers.

Nuck

TIDS
TSGHUH

I really liked playing the map for the first time in a competitive way, as I had only a look at it once before.

The middle looks simple, but is a really nice fighting area on two levels; the only (small) annoying thing from my point of view are the balustrades on top of the capture point, cause it kinda takes away the advantage of the higher ground as you can be spammed really easy without getting down immediately – that led to my death (medic) several times. I also never had the feeling that the opponents scouts were able to make it all the way through to attack me on our side, so the middle is more a fighting groud for the heavy classes, but that´s not a disadvantage, just a difference to many other maps.

I actually also liked pushing from middle to the spire, besides the waterfall especially the very left way which brings you pretty far without getting spammed to easy – if your opponent doesnt cover that side perfectly, you can come out next to or even behind them and already have the high ground advantage, which makes it a pretty even fight when attacking the spire.

The only “stalemate”-style part of the map is pushing on the last CP. Lots of ways in, but still no problem to cover them all. As it has been said before, it´s kinda easy to defend and needs either a big charge advantage on the attackers side or at least one pick of the opponents heavy classes before, otherwise they are simply gonna spam you out after your charge is gone. Maybe move the spawn a little bit away from the point or something like that?

All in all, enjoyed the map a lot, nice work Archy. And was fun to play the cup, even if we felt like we had a real chance against the later winners XEN at the score of 1:2 and us winning the middle, and blew it ourselves – otherwise it might have been a different outcome… Anyway, congratulations to them, well played, and an enjoyable cup on a good map.

PeopleZ

WWCD

Quoted from DIEHARDD

very usefull

archy

could those who basically only posted “I dont like the map” try to explain their opinion at least a little bit? so that i have at least the slightest chance to change what “you did not like”? the fact that you “dont like it” makes me a bit sad, but does not help at all.

at this point i want to thank those who wrote some lines or even paragraphs of feedback, giving me a clear image of what they liked and what not.

Atm I have some changes in my mind that I have yet to discuss with some mates. My main focus atm is on the push from mid to 2nd, but just because of the fact that i am more inspirated for this issue. Im very aware that the last point is TOO easy to defend and i will also have a closer look at it.

cheers

IPZIE

SUAVE

/push

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 12 Next »