Forum

Community - we need you!

Created 21st October 2008 @ 20:05

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »

N/A

RaWr ::

Not only sponsers have prizes but those prizes and sponser names just on the website should attract more teams to play in the league :)

bun

same:

-I think the ETF2L works well, it’s the best TF2 league in europe, many clan subscribed and more every season : it’s time to get some sponsors, or something that can bring a stuff to win and make the league more Spicy! ^^ the community will grow up.

dunc

infs
dp.

I guess the overall feel of this thread can be summarised by saying.. it’s time to “turn things up a notch”. Get a couple of admins dedicated to coverage, a couple dedicated to sponsors (I’d recommend Wlv for that, the lad has a reasonable business brain by the looks of things), a couple dedicated to league rules then some “moderation” staff. Personally I think that would be the way forward.

byte

Maybe adding functionality for commentary to occur on high profile matches? dunno if thats been mentioned already in this thread as i cba 2 check through 4 pages ^_^

If so then i wouldn’t mind volunteering :>

Cheers

Byte

complx-

Kvakkistansen

if etf2l had their own casting team, that would rock… i think byte would be awsome for that… if nothing else just a radio cast thingie, that will do alot!

Smofo

Im THAT good!

Byte? I’d vote Agron for it..

agron

Relic

what who where huh why eh?

:D

tbh I didn’t get what Byte means with “functionality for commentary” thing…woe is me?

pukz

I suggest Maybe a little more thought on the div’s skill level,

Div2b and div2a

div2b was clearly easier to play in, and this is not an attack on the 2b teams being promoted because i believe they deserve a shot at div1 and they are good teams but!

there is no doubt it was far easier to get promoted if you were seeded in div2b also i must say this is not an attempt to make excuses for my own team because we screwed up this season and only have ourselves to blame…

however imo div2 should of been druidz,r@ts,mousetek,panache(wotr2),wotr(wotr3),dmg,prior,redline,n20 & idk

the rest should of been in div3 no question..

lets make the div’s closer and maybe this would make a better season for all teams high to low skill…

I presume this will be fixed to a degree due to some teams dropping from div1/2 but still i dont see the point in promoting/demoting a team that doesnt belong in the div they have been seeded in.

much love! terry titts.
:X

Div 2a and 2b was blatantly unbalanced this season indeed. When the league placements first was posted, i talked to some of the guys who was placed into 2a, and well.. said good luck, this will be impossible for you, etf2l managed to place all the strongest teams in one subdivision, and all the weaker ones in another, once again :P (Did so in season 1 too, not sure how season 2 went though)

We were placed in 2b at first so i was obviously satisfied, since it was the weaker of the two groups which shouldnt have posed much of a challenge in us getting promoted into div1. However we got the automatic promotion into div1 later on as xlo folded, and didnt get to play any div2 games.

Netsky

@last 2: we keep on working and deneussbeer already set up a plan who we will do the seeding for S4. A brief hint: we set up the divisions as we think (keeping balance etc) then we publish this list, where you can comment, we will take care of it, and may do some last changing. Then the final S4 list is ready.

@all: all points mentioned are being /have been discussed

will publish some more information sooner or later.

– hydro and maybe bad water will be added to 2nd/3rd map pool |||think this was obvious?

don’t hesitate to contact me in irc if you got further suggestions @ #etf2l Netsky or Netsky’BNC (last is when I’m offline, for those who don’t know: BNC = bouncer = goolge it)

Dave

Mafia
wMiC?

I’ve been having a think, and I reckon it’d be cool if we could get enough prize money and sponsors so that the winners, and maybe runners up, of each division, could get some sort of prize. I think it should obviously be scaled down, so the winners of lower teams get small cash/hardware prizes, and the winners of Div 1/2/3 get a bit more.

This would also be a bit more motivation to stop teams folding, if they actually have something to play for.

beta

RaWr ::

That is easier said then done im afraid, even to get prizes for Division 1 winners would be hard. Then to get smaller prizes for the other divisions would be near impossible and honestly could we even justify prizes for less then Division 2?

crz

T4F

First of all the ETF2L is great, dont change too much.

Two things i like to say:
– STV Demo for Div 1 and 2 as mentioned before would be great. These Demos often provide a lot of Hints for lower Teams which helps them getting better.
– Ban match comments from recent activity. The really important threads are gone instantly everytime they appear

Thats all from me. Keep up your good work ETF2L guys :>

xtala

Hardware prizes would be quite hard I think, considering the fact that players in this league are spread out all over Europe.

Dave

Mafia
wMiC?

@ beta

Yeah, prizes might be hard to come by, but with sponsors hopefully getting involved, we may well end up with some prizes that could go to divisions. I know that we probably wouldn’t get enough to be able to give something to ecah player in each winning team of each division, but it could be a start, from the top down.

In terms of justifying giving prizes to teams lower than Div 2, I agree that whilst there isn’t enough to go around, the top teams should get prizes. However, if the league gets bigger, there’s no reason why they shouldn’t win stuff. They’ve won just as many games as the top teams.

@ xtala

Prizes could be posted to players?

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »