Forum

ETF2L Radio Feedback

Created 22nd March 2010 @ 22:30

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 15 16 17 ... 19 Next »

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Ahem. We’ve started a little experiment for all the people who feel there aren’t enough casts happening.

It’s the FakkelBrigade Open Mic Shoutcast Mumble. Get in, create a channel and tell your friends to join your channel and listen to your incoherent rants about random div6 games!

If you need an STV for the awesome div6 relegation match you’re casting, contact us in #fakkelbrigade on Quakenet.

Download Mumble 1.2.3 (dev snapshot until it’s stable/released) and you’ll also be able to record your cast to share it later with anyone that missed it.

tl;dr Join our Open Mic Mumble, host: fakkelbrigade.eu, port: 64760. Create a channel, do a cast, profit.

Last edited by Arie,

Dave

Mafia
wMiC?

A brief response:

– We recognise that there’s a lot of potential for ETF2L Radio, and we’re trying to do something about it
– We’ve encountered problems looking at the best ways to try and create VODs. Put simply, there’s no *easy* way for us to create them, but I promise it’s a problem we’re trying to solve
– It’s not easy to work out casts when Prem / Div 1 teams are rubbish at scheduling their games *hint hint* . Looking at the fixtures for Week 2 now, only 1 game of 10 has been arranged. If more effort was made to do this, there’s a good chance we could actually plan ahead and deliver more games a week
– We’re aware of the need for ETF2L Radio to have a proper home on the site, and it’s something we’re working on – expect there to be significant improvement in the next few weeks

Hope this gives people a few ideas about where we’re coming from. I desperately want to do more casts, but I also want them to be done properly like Pledge wrote earlier.

EDIT: In response to Arie’s post above, I guess such a system would be quite a good way of keen casters emerging from the pack and proving themselves. If you really want to get involved, do some casts and let us know so we can hear you, and we can try and expand the team :)

Last edited by Dave,

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Server needs to be 1.2.3 as well to allow you record casts.

kaidus

WiK?

Quoted from Dave

A brief response:

– We recognise that there’s a lot of potential for ETF2L Radio, and we’re trying to do something about it
– We’ve encountered problems looking at the best ways to try and create VODs. Put simply, there’s no *easy* way for us to create them, but I promise it’s a problem we’re trying to solve
– It’s not easy to work out casts when Prem / Div 1 teams are rubbish at scheduling their games *hint hint* . Looking at the fixtures for Week 2 now, only 1 game of 10 has been arranged. If more effort was made to do this, there’s a good chance we could actually plan ahead and deliver more games a week
– We’re aware of the need for ETF2L Radio to have a proper home on the site, and it’s something we’re working on – expect there to be significant improvement in the next few weeks

Hope this gives people a few ideas about where we’re coming from. I desperately want to do more casts, but I also want them to be done properly like Pledge wrote earlier.

EDIT: In response to Arie’s post above, I guess such a system would be quite a good way of keen casters emerging from the pack and proving themselves. If you really want to get involved, do some casts and let us know so we can hear you, and we can try and expand the team :)

There isn’t even a need for VODs really, just a wav with an stv demo. VODs would obviously be cool and take it a step further, but there’s something almost as good that is a lot easier to achieve. With regards to scheduling, I’m sure there’s something that can be done. For instance, if everyone is being a total pain in the ass just pencil, for example, sunday 21.15 in your casting diary and 9/10 times there’ll be a decent game to cast (assuming it’s mid-season, not just some random cup or whatever going on)

Last edited by kaidus,

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Dave

You’re just going to need someone very patient (and with fast internet ideally). Recording at 30fps with PldX, you’ll record just slightly quicker than realtime, so personally I’d say you’re looking at about 1hr to make each VOD + upload.

Skyride

DUCS

wheeeee double post

Last edited by Skyride,

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

You’re just going to need someone very patient (and with fast internet ideally). Recording at 30fps with PldX, you’ll record just slightly quicker than realtime, so personally I’d say you’re looking at about 1hr to make each VOD + upload.

True, but having a POV demo would be a huge plus there. Even if you can’t have the casters make it, having someone else create the spectate pov from the server would divide the workload better.

Mark

Phase

VODs are fucking easy to make :D I used the longest possible method of creation with the one I made with djc and even that was piss easy.

RaCio

GoT²

Ill believe you :P

Like I said, it’s just something that needs to be set up properly so we can get it going. Can’t say when though as there will still be some other things to set up in the league as well as highlander challenge.

nvc

fraps

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from nvc

fraps

startmovie

JimmyBreeze

k^m

Just let mark do it

toasty.

PHX

http://www.vanillatf2.org/matchticker/match/120

byte

Last night ETF2L.radio casted the game between Pentia vs UV-Gaming.

My thanks goes to all the support shown last night. The compliments via irc/steam messages was worth it so thanks =)

Anyway, I did the audio recording last night, I’ve done it so that its very VERY easy to sync with the source tv demo. Read the readme file and enjoy.

Would like to thank SeriousCat for joining me and was a pleasure casting with him. Remember guys and girls please show your support and idle in #etf2l.radio

.::. Download Link .::.

Download here

Zip includes all 3 audio files synced and 3 src tv’s with a readme file. If you want the original audio file (72.4mb) let me know and I will upload it later on.

Feedback of last nights cast is welcome.

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

dr.Justice

≧◡≦

Quoted from byte

Last night ETF2L.radio casted the game between Pentia vs UV-Gaming.

My thanks goes to all the support shown last night. The compliments via irc/steam messages was worth it so thanks =)

Anyway, I did the audio recording last night, I’ve done it so that its very VERY easy to sync with the source tv demo. Read the readme file and enjoy.

Would like to thank SeriousCat for joining me and was a pleasure casting with him. Remember guys and girls please show your support and idle in #etf2l.radio

.::. Download Link .::.

http://fakkelbrigade.eu/byte/etf2lweek2uvgamingvspentia.zip

Zip includes all 3 audio files synced and 3 src tv’s with a readme file. If you want the original audio file (72.4mb) let me know and I will upload it later on.

Feedback of last nights cast is welcome.

Cheers

Byte

Gran audio is s…l…o….w

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 15 16 17 ... 19 Next »