Forum

ETF2L Radio Feedback

Created 22nd March 2010 @ 22:30

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 19 Next »

JimmyBreeze

k^m

Good work guys, keep it up! More casts!!!

F2

Danmark

loved it

freakz

[8U]

Are there stv + mumble relay downloads anywhere ?

freshmeatt

‹Con›

It was much better to watch this match with commentary than it was without it (wut), but apart from usual describing the situation on battlefield you could give us some original anecdotes and rich insights into teams’ tactics.

Last edited by freshmeatt,

dunc

infs
dp.

I think I must’ve been busy when the cast was on, because I missed most of it, but I caught the bit where you suggested I played ok (haha fucking idiot) and I have to say Pledge, I love your voice :D Suits the radio perfectly.

No idea how good your cast was, so I’m gonna presume it was wank. HTH.

Excellent work though guys, if you need me for a guest speaker or owt when I’m not playing, gimme a bell :)

You guys should start doing these with a live stream, or at least make youtube vods. So much easier to watch later, especially for people new to competitive tf2.

Dave

Mafia
wMiC?

Quoted from Sturmis

You guys should start doing these with a live stream, or at least make youtube vods. So much easier to watch later, especially for people new to competitive tf2.

We’re working on it mate, hopefully will have some cool news soon.

Thanks for positive comments, we’ll keep the casts going and try and get more organised. It was a pleasure to work with Pledge, nvc and hykleri, and I’ll bear that in mind dunc!

nvc

Quoted from Sturmis

I wouldn’t go for a live stream, tf2 is the devil.

Quoted from Dave

[…]

We’re working on it mate, hopefully will have some cool news soon.

Thanks for positive comments, we’ll keep the casts going and try and get more organised. It was a pleasure to work with Pledge, nvc and hykleri, and I’ll bear that in mind dunc!

Nice!

freakz

[8U]

Quoted from freakz

Are there stv + mumble relay downloads anywhere ?

or a lvluptv vod?

atrox_

WaAS?

I’m unsure if this is feedback that can be used, but, the name states that its a radio which imo means you listen to it when you can’t see the match and is a nice addition ontop of watching if possible. The way its casted at the moment, me personally (unsure about others) cant just listen to the cast due to the caster having the assumption the listener is also watching the game.

I.e and that’s a nice frag _ by onto _ , that let’s _ push

Where was the person fragged/pushing where? (bad example as I don’t have access to a cast to get a proper example. Will edit later if I can be arsed.)

Obviously, the above is just my thoughts and I could be completely wrong

Last edited by atrox_,

Norrland3000

Quoted from atrox_

I’m unsure if this is feedback that can be used, but, the name states that its a radio which imo means you listen to it when you can’t see the match and is a nice addition ontop of watching if possible. The way its casted at the moment, me personally (unsure about others) cant just listen to the cast due to the caster having the assumption the listener is also watching the game.

I.e and that’s a nice frag _ by onto _ , that let’s _ push

Where was the person fragged/pushing where? (bad example as I don’t have access to a cast to get a proper example. Will edit later if I can be arsed.)

Obviously, the above is just my thoughts and I could be completely wrong

Yeah maybe the word “radio” is wrong in this situation. Because i don’t think Byte and the others thought people would listen without speccing the game on STV.

But if they think of it as a “radio” then they have to make som tweaks :P

ThePledge

Tonight will be a different cast than others, considering we are casting lower level teams than the usual division 1 teams. I’m very much interested in comments on this cast to see whether or not I/we should do this more often.

Also, both d2m and David are pretty much without casting experience, so feedback for them would be very nice as well, to see if we can invite them in more often! :)

Cheers,
Pledge

kaidus

WiK?

This isn’t aimed at any particular caster, match or experience I’ve had with etf2l.radio, but I think there is a lot that could be done with the concept very easily that isn’t being done at the moment – and for no apparent reason.

Get the radio section of the site back, I don’t particularly care about the web-based streaming function but it was decent and easier to access than mumble, but more importantly use it as the portal for the project rather than a random news announcement every now and then and some forum posts. Within this section, have a seperate calendar showing the radio events, a list of downloads from previous casts coupled with STV demos, a list of regular casters and contact info, etc etc etc.

Obviously most of this is dependant on certain things being done, but personally I don’t really see why they can’t be done. I don’t know how you record mumble, but I can guage from the fact that since SOME are recorded the only reason for not recording all or at least the majority is lazyness/lack of organisation. That’s not meant personally toward anyone as obviously you are giving a service – but it’s not that hard to overcome really. Secondly such a system kind of demands a decent quantity of casts, but again if some kind of organisation was introduced I don’t see why that’s so hard either. Expansions such as covering a night of action (for instance, ESH one night cups – cover the whole cup with the possible exception of the 1st round as it can be prone to shit games. Get the whole spectrum and make a show out of it, rather than just the final). Get a couple of teams or casting partners – one for ESL, one for ETF2L, one for whatever – and get them to each aim for one match a week. It won’t always be met, but there’s many, many good casters in the TF2 community who could probably cast a lot more than they do at the moment if they’re given the structure within which to do so.
Even if only two teams of two casters can be scrounged up capable of doing a match a week (or close to it), that’s still 2 casts a week which would really get the ball rolling for consistant match casting.

The one thing TF2 seems to sincerely lack at the moment is decent casting, but the facilities (with a few exceptions) are there, there’s just no drive. We have online competitions, we have online competitions worth worthwhile prizes, we have a handful of decent lans and a handful of coverage sites writing about all of this, but we have only one cast every 2 weeks or so at the best of times.

I don’t know about you all, but I pretty much won’t bother watching a game unless there’s some kind of cast to go with it. Occasionally random banter on STV is enough, but generally I find it very unemersing watching a game in total isolation. The same might not go for everyone but it’s probably a decent enough number to make this worthwhile.

Also don’t take any of this as a flame on anyone, if I didn’t think the quality of work that’s being done was good I wouldn’t encourage more of it.

EDIT: To be honest, I’d actually reccomend a sub-domain or something (whatever the fuck it’s called) would be better than just an on-site addition as it can enable more information in a less cluster-fuck kind of way. etf2l.radio.org or something, but maybe that’s pushing the “too much work” boundries as it’d essentially be an entirely new site.

Last edited by kaidus,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

^

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 19 Next »