SfynX

T2P

@ Chris….what elements?

Thalien

;?
¤_¤

Quoted from SfynX

@ Chris….what elements?

Shoot stuff and it dies is the only real similarity. Probably what he means tbh.

Macky

Cheers guys. <3 fade n slick, and ye jh that was me for a while haha.

Don't get me wrong I'm not expecting at all to step into some top team, and of course the games are different, but it's still an fps and am sure things can be moved over relatively well.

Last edited by Macky,

Skyride

DUCS

I suppose the similarity is that any team-based FPS game is always going to rely heavily on 2 things: Gamesense and teamwork. If you have played any game at the top level, then you have proven ability of these and should therefore – assuming you are willing to learn – be able to play another game at the top level.

But ye, +1 to the second part of GibbZ post, he seems a nice guy so give him a chance.

Don’t expect too much. Even if your aim is good enough it’s going to take months to even play decently at a div 3 level probably. Termi made the switch a while ago. He assures me he was good at some sort of CS game. Last season he played div 5 and this one he’s playing div4 although he’s probably good enough for low div 2 at this stage…

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

With around 20-30hours of pickups under your belt I can see it feasible to join a div4 team, if you are talented at gaming.

Jones

Wltrs
Vaxjo
Carnage
Fox
Predz

……… to name a few. All these players went from zero to hero within the space of 1 ETF2L season. What did they all have in common? – They played FPS games at a high level prior to tf2.

Last edited by Jones,

Welcome and good luck :D

nvc

just play with your TF2 team at TLR????

Last edited by nvc,

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Quoted from nvc

just play with your TF2 team at TLR????

They speak German, he doesn’t.

Evil

It’s cool when people who aren’t top players give advice on what it takes to be one.

He’ll have good aim and gamesense from CSS. Both CS and CSS need a lot more gamesense than TF2. Once he learns the map, then he’ll be div 2 easy, if can carry his aim through from CSS. Assuming TLR CSS are anygood.

You’ll find it hard to find a player in div 1 that has only played TF2 competitively to a decent level.

Last edited by Evil,

alfa

Quoted from Evil

[…]

When I started TF2 I started in div1 with wotr and came from a high 1.6 team.

Thats sounds so “evil”

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from SfynX

@ Chris….what elements?

Killing people.

That’s about it to be honest.

jason

PHX

From one of the bottom feeders of ETF2L – welcome.

The more the merrier :)

I’m interested to see how Macky gets on – if a high level team takes a chance and he works out well, will we see an influx of new players?

Assuming TF2 can keep growing by filling up prize cups eh?

Moose

[MIPC]

Quoted from Jones

Wltrs
Vaxjo
Carnage
Fox
Predz

……… to name a few. All these players went from zero to hero within the space of 1 ETF2L season. What did they all have in common? – They played FPS games at a high level prior to tf2.

They also all played Scout. Does this mean that Scout is the perfect noob class? :D

But I agree that having the game sense to understand different situations in TF2 is hugely important in this game. You get that and pure aim if you have experience in various fps games. Though I’d say that Quake skills translate more directly to TF2 than CS skills do.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »