Forum

Super cool idea to replace golden cap

Created 1st February 2010 @ 17:01

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

appe

Agreed, 10 min overtime and/or best of 3 would be better than golden cap.

Rele

Quoted from SnowiE

Setting an extra 10 minutes would require some pretty nimble fingers (or a bind) from one of your players if you’re winning 4-3 and the enemy are pushing your last point with 30 seconds to go. Other than that, it’s a interesting idea.

If you’re winning with 4-3 and the enemy is pushing the last point with 30secs to go, there’s no need for an overtime because you’re winning. Unless they cap it, but then you need no fast fingers :)

nvc

a plug in could well do that anyway snowie…

Last edited by nvc,

gryzor

Quoted from nvc

a plug in could well do that anyway snowie…

because people having matchservers likes sourcemod — wait, no, they do not. let’s get someone to do a core-plugin that does NOT require sourcemod — wait, that is pretty hard since nobody who can, even cares. Let’s say we find a fool who will do it anyway, let’s put it in the rules you need a .dll/.so file with another file describing its contents while also starting your server with the required commands to load it up….

I think I’ll stop there.

M24_

i like the idea of 10 minutes extra time. it puts pressure on both teams and means that one quick roll because the medic got hit by a roller doesn’t decide it.

David

Quoted from M24_

i like the idea of 10 minutes extra time. it puts pressure on both teams and means that one quick roll because the medic got hit by a roller doesn’t decide it.

Yeah, it encourages some good risky aggressive play. If the score is tied at the end of the 10 mins then maybe just go for a golden cap?

LETIshNick

eehq

ETF2L can apply ESEA rules which contain no overtimes :)

Last edited by LETIshNick,

nvc

Quoted from gryzor

[…]
because people having matchservers likes sourcemod — wait, no, they do not. let’s get someone to do a core-plugin that does NOT require sourcemod — wait, that is pretty hard since nobody who can, even cares. Let’s say we find a fool who will do it anyway, let’s put it in the rules you need a .dll/.so file with another file describing its contents while also starting your server with the required commands to load it up….

I think I’ll stop there.

Something like that ESEA match one works well, dunno if that’s a config or a plug in – either way i’m sure it’s not that hard to do

ambra

makes sense

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

rcon exec etf2l10min.cfg
rup

fuck the plugin :D

Si^

T2P
[PG]

+1 @ d2m :3

10 mins would be awesome

stko!

-9m-
-9m-

What happens if the teams are still tied after 10 minutes of overtime? Ideally the clock would keep running until one team makes the final cap but is that even possible?

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from stko!

What happens if the teams are still tied after 10 minutes of overtime? Ideally the clock would keep running until one team makes the final cap but is that even possible?

mp_timelimit 0
mp_windifference 1

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Quoted from stko!

Continue doing an extra 10 minutes until someone wins an overtime. Or as suggested, best of 3 rounds or something.

Would be cool if it were settled with 10 minutes overtime, if no winner found it would go to best of 3.

Last edited by howdeh,

stko!

-9m-
-9m-

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]
mp_timelimit 0
mp_windifference 1

That would somehow need to be executed during play though.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »