Forum

TF2 One Night Wonder III

Created 19th January 2010 @ 00:19

Add A Reply Pages: 1

kurt

trick17
trick17

I really liked the cup today. Gave my team the opportunity to play gorge 3 times in a row without opponents complaining about the map. The idea of splitting the brackets in a low and high tier is good especially in a single elimination cup. Maybe one could do the same thing for gullywash although we might get into trouble with the dates if you consider that the next cup comprises 2 weeks and someday season 7 starts.

Mark

Phase

It was a good time!

refuze

ppb:H:

yeah, was fun, except that i will prolly see cp_gorge in my nightmares

Ash

cc//
cc//

I like the idea for a gullywash cup, however personally i think that we need to start playing cp_follower :P

mvp.

marco
¤_¤

screw gullywash, go for follower!

the cup yesterday idd was fun.. MORE!

evokje

WiK?

cp_follower please

seraph

rEJ

I have literally no idea if obscure is a generally adopted map yet; but if not I strongly suggest a cup with obscure.

The community will literally eat its own feet if obscure doesn’t become as popular as freight, if not granlands.

huhystah

Quoted from evokje

cp_follower please

noob

Randdalf

(0v0)

Quoted from seraph

I have literally no idea if obscure is a generally adopted map yet; but if not I strongly suggest a cup with obscure.

The community will literally eat its own feet if obscure doesn’t become as popular as freight, if not granlands.

There are better maps than Obscure out there, people just don’t try them, it’s only because Obscure’s been cleverly marketed by Byte that people do play it – which needs to happen for more maps.

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from seraph

Obscure is relatively popular, see the http://pickups.nocrits.com/mpuk/2weekspickup stats[/url]. Of course without regular league play it could end up like gullywash. Hopefully their positions in this season’s map rotation will reinforce them as regular maps, people need to learn them and fast or they will lose games!
Also we already did one cup on obscure http://etf2l.org/about/archives/42here[/url].

Last edited by SnowiE,

crz

T4F

the cups are great!

but gorge is cruel… go for follower or yukon in s7

and putting in obscure with its (actual) horrible fps issues isnt the right decission yet too… fastlane at least got no fps issues and acceptable spawn times on last cp compared to freight ;)

sry for getting offtopic in this thread

minimoose

obscure is fun.

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

yukon, obscure, gullywash are all good custom maps I’ve found :3 obscure and gully being the best.

cMw

Quoted from GibbZ

yukon, obscure, gullywash are all good custom maps I’ve found :3 obscure and gully being the best.

very true, hopefully american leagues finally adopt such visions and stop playing shit maps like well and follower

the logic behind not wanting to play obscure / gullywash in pugs is that they’ve played it once and didn’t like it so its automatically shit

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from kurt

The idea of splitting the brackets in a low and high tier is good especially in a single elimination cup.

That was a very good idea indeed.

Add A Reply Pages: 1