Forum

So, what are my team meant to do now the rosters are locked?

Created 24th November 2009 @ 23:30

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

From talking to daykiller about this the other day, I think the rule will be reviewed for next season and a more sensible alternative will be put in place for Season 7. I do not believe things will be changed this season.

Cycles made a very good suggestion to move things forward himself, and I hope that we look to implement it or discuss it to adapt it as necessary.

SfynX

T2P

a good turnabout would be to only lock the rosters on the LAST week of ETF2L. However this will not take effect if a member joins from a dead team or for the actual match the teams allow him as a ringer/add to the roster.

Isai

flowerpower/

What this rule does is basically fuck up our team. Everyone always complains about how many teams drop. But when we, a team which has hit a rough patch, losing three players (two of ’em were key players) in a short matter of days, but are still together with no intention of folding even tho we had to basically rebuild the team from scratch, no exceptation can be made?
This is ridicolous. As well as the argument we should play our officials with mercs. We had a nice season and now we should rely on the mercy of our opposing teams to let us play with a full lineup?

Granted, if we would get a star trio from div 1/2, I would not see the possibility for an exceptation. We do not intent to do so. Our recruits will most likely come from dvi4/5.

Krakyn

rEJ

Give that across the 6 divisions we have one team facing issues with this rule and it’s otherwise stopping the incredibly lame practice of skill doping any changes made to it should be minor. It’s far easier to just review the one maybe two cases you’ll get like this a season check the players being added are of a suitable level and waver it for the team involved or not punish them if they use 3 mercs. Putting loopholes in rules is just asking for trouble.

Santa*G

I’m glad to see such positive support. I think teams that are trying to play the game fairly should get priority ruling over teams that would rather win (via a default) over actually playing tf2. Why join a tf2 league if you’ve no intention of playing it? :D

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2