Forum

Big games - news announcement.

Created 2nd November 2009 @ 23:08

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

sMisk

:id:

ofc it’s the big games people watch i don’t specc my fellow div6 teams maybe if i want to get a clue how good they are or i know someone in the team etc but for just speccing tf2 i want to se the div1 games and even div2 games. So why not post the big games as news.

jgmaster

BM

Skyride if you want to watch a friend play or a team you know then chances are you will go out and find out the details yourself. However for the general public they are most likely going to be interested in the big games, so they should be the ones advertised on the main page.

Think about football, no one in the general public wants to watch Grimsby play Darlington except the supporters and family’s of those 2 teams. They can still travel to the games and watch them but they do this out of their own accord. The general public want to watch Internationals and big Premiership games. It’s the same in this instance.

Sketch

MM

i think having div 1 and 2 matches in big shiny letters on the front page. it gives lower teams in the scene something to aspire to. they are also pretty good to watch in my experience.

Bubbles1

well i enjoyed last nights match england v sweden,my first time watching high divi players :) was nice. I only knew about this match because someone pasted in irc pickup1 that it was going to happen so thanks to that guy.

Last edited by Bubbles1,

Huwsif

lolwow

If u can be arsed to find the matches you want to watch yourself then grats, but would be nice to make it idiot proof if someone was willing to give up the time to post semi-finals and big div1 clashes on the front page.

flushy

P.O.P

Think about football, no one in the general public wants to watch Grimsby play Darlington except the supporters and family’s of those 2 teams. They can still travel to the games and watch them but they do this out of their own accord. The general public want to watch Internationals and big Premiership games. It’s the same in this instance.

im an Arsenal supporter but i still watch Dagenham + redbridge games… but ye i agree with ur point ;p

dunc

infs
dp.

This is a major gripe that I’ve had with ETF2L since the whole UKeSA saga. We were desperately trying to raise awareness for TF2 by promoting a cash-based competition and ETF2L weren’t even remotely interested in helping us out by posting it as news or whatever.

ETF2L is essentially the primary hub for anything EU TF2 related and it’s a shame that the admins don’t wish to use it more appropriately. Hopefully resupply’s revamp can come to the rescue in the next couple of weeks.

RaCio

GoT²

This is a major gripe that I’ve had with ETF2L since the whole UKeSA saga. We were desperately trying to raise awareness for TF2 by promoting a cash-based competition and ETF2L weren’t even remotely interested in helping us out by posting it as news or whatever.

I wasn’t admin at the time but I do remember seeing a newspost promoting UKeSA.

EDIT: http://etf2l.org/2009/01/19/tonights-match-coverage-season-4-week-1-default-dates-ukesa/

You are right about etf2l being a tf2 hub though. Will discuss if we can increase the amount of coverage.

Last edited by RaCio,

Make resupply and etf2l one website NOW please :P.

dunc

infs
dp.

Yer, a whole 5 days before the signup deadline where we’d been promoting it for nearly 2 months :/

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2