Forum

remove Wildcard 24hrs rule

Created 29th October 2009 @ 11:37

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

Keyro

Cheater

I find the actual rule quite simple and efficient enough.
Add special case like “you have one of your 2 wildcards wich is a “last minute” wildcard. You can use 20 it minutes before a match, except the last week of season. If you use it you have to reshedule in the next 3 days, unlike the classic wildcard wich period is 14 days” bla bla. It’s more complicated, keep the rules simple !

Keep in mind 80% people in etf2l haven’t read the long long long “rules” page.

Even if the pros have a point here : u can never be sure 100% one of your clan memebers will not have a last minute problem :/
2 possibilities :
-You are organised enough to have a backup 7th player available.
-Oppenent is smart enough and accept merc or allow you to wildcard while you are in the last 24h. Maybe i’m too positive but i think if u didn’t have bad feelings with oppenent within the initial schedule process there is no reason he says no.

Think that add an addendum like this to the rule will be adequate :

Every team got a specific number of Wildcards per competition which has to be used if a scheduled match has to be postponed without opponent’s agreement. A wildcard has to be used at least 24 hours before the game is supposed to start. Contact an admin and try to contact your opponent about the issue.

Addendum : You can also use your wildcard less than 24h before the match is supposed to start if your oppenent agree

There is no official statement on that, even if it’s allowed by admins (I guess).

Last edited by Keyro,

Daggial

fap

Keep in mind 80% people in etf2l haven’t read the long long long “rules” page.

their problem

Even if the pros have a point here : u can never be sure 100% one of your clan memebers will not have a last minute problem :/
2 possibilities :
-You are organised enough to have a backup 7th player available.
-Oppenent is smart enough and accept merc or allow you to wildcard while you are in the last 24h. Maybe i’m too positive but i think if u didn’t have bad feelings with oppenent within the initial schedule process there is no reason he says no.

Think that add an addendum like this to the rule will be adequate :

Every team got a specific number of Wildcards per competition which has to be used if a scheduled match has to be postponed without opponent’s agreement. A wildcard has to be used at least 24 hours before the game is supposed to start. Contact an admin and try to contact your opponent about the issue.

Addendum : You can also use your wildcard less than 24h before the match is supposed to start if your oppenent agree

There is no official statement on that, even if it’s allowed by admins (I guess).

opponent is not always “smart enought”. mostly, not always.
and there is already the rule:

1.6.4 Scheduled Match can only be postponed by using Wildcard or if both teams agree

the problem comes when (all together):
-it’s too late to use the wildcard
-the opponent is not smart
-it’s not your fault if you can’t play the match
-unluck lady has pointed her finger on your head :P

Last edited by Daggial,

Beetle

PwR

I like to see that many are supporting my idea here. Go on :)

OT- to the FB2 guys: don’t generalise please, i’m italian too :O

I don’t know what was said about Italians, or who said it, but I can assure you it is not the view of all of us in FB2.
More on topic, I am pretty convinced that 90% of people who read this thread would be in favour of changing this rule, it may not have effected you yet but I am sure you can sympathize when cases like what happened to us occur.

Daggial

fap

bump :O

baerbel

trick17
trick17

The admins are currently discussion a possible rule change. Just be patient. :)

octochris

(0v0)

More to the OPs case than the actual rule at hand — if one of your team had their Steam account stolen, it is indeed their fault. I don’t see how you can see it to be any other way — the Steam client does its best to make it hard for people to be able to steal your account — not saying you deserve it if your account was stolen (you don’t), but it is your fault, and subsequently so is the end result of the aforementioned issue.

Basic security measures prevent against things like this happening. If you allow your Steam account to be stolen, then you seriously need to review your security setup.

More to the OPs case than the actual rule at hand — if one of your team had their Steam account stolen, it is indeed their fault. I don’t see how you can see it to be any other way — the Steam client does its best to make it hard for people to be able to steal your account — not saying you deserve it if your account was stolen (you don’t), but it is your fault, and subsequently so is the end result of the aforementioned issue.

Basic security measures prevent against things like this happening. If you allow your Steam account to be stolen, then you seriously need to review your security setup.

Not always true. My account was stolen and I had done:

– completely random password of capital letters, lower case letters and numbers (created by smashing on my keyboard)
– not posted it anywhere
– no connection with other passwords
– changed it every 2 months
– no viruses, malware, keyloggers or any of that shit on my computer
– never logged in at a public place

and it was still stolen. Sometimes they’ll get it no matter how much you try and prevent it from happening.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

suggestion:
wildcard 24h and before – like now
wildcard 24h or less – also works but a minor warning

ZyZo

itsallgood

I had a powercut 10 min before the game and wasn’t able to get back online for the game and none of our reserves was online and the opponents refused to play another day so my team had to play 5v6 and lost.
I really hope the 24 hour rule will be removed to prevent this.

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

its already taken 10 days now without any word from the admins bout this subject

Jh

Hey dats!

any team with a spine will allow for a reschedule. default-hunting/5v6-kinda shit belongs to css.

bleh nubz

rtan

-9w-

I had a powercut 10 min before the game and wasn’t able to get back online for the game and none of our reserves was online and the opponents refused to play another day so my team had to play 5v6 and lost.

Yeah well done on bringing this to the public forum. Like how you missed out the rest of the story :)

dauk

wow on your match page seems diehardd is a pussy.

And on topic +1 for mergency wildcard ,ciz it’s better to have a rule , than to pray for other teams mercy.

kaidus

WiK?

its already taken 10 days now without any word from the admins bout this subject

15 days later…

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

This will be addressed for Season 7 – let Season 6 finish first :)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3