Forbid Kritzkrieg ?

Created 13th September 2008 @ 08:29

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

morf

[j]\\\'
[j]'

Problem of the day:
“How to kill a medic with kritzkireg activated?”

If your prepared for it, its easy to be honest. Lay some stickies, rocket jump over them, run around them as a scout. Its not like theyre invulnerable.

xtala

Direct hit from a crit rocket is 270 damage, buffed hw is 450 hp (i’ve had enough hitting my face :p).
So a fully buffed hw can take a direct hit and quite some splash.

IF you consider the fact that a hw is a huge magnet for everyone on the opposing team, I fail to see how it’s impossible to actually kill the other medic. And if you have to run, you can easily leave the hw behind (makes them sad, don’t do it too much!) and sacrifice him to cover your retreat.

bobberyayo

8{

Even when you manage to survive the Kritzkrieg attack and pull your Ubercharge, the opponent team can disappear fast by rocket-sticky jump.

Doesn’t that go for any type of ubercharge?

ExE

-[S2L]

Reply for the original post:
Tell me this is a joke? 8)
Atleast I had a laugh.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

I understand what the guy is trying to say, but there’s a few important things about the kritzkrieg you need to take into account.

If you are attacking with the kritzkrieg, against a defending team, you have a HUGE advantage if you play smart. If you use your kritzkrieg, force their uber then run away, you will have kritz before they get their uber back.

The main disadvantages with the kritzkrieg are when you are defending. If the enemy team is pushing your number 2 cap point, you have kritz, they have uber. They will win 9 times out of 10.

There are several counters to a kritzkrieg strat. Scout assasinations, snipers and sentry guns AND IMPORTANTLY… PYROS (air blast) are all applicable when an opponent is using a kritzkrieg strategy, these are however, out of the ordinary for most traditional setups so you need to practice and work out how to use them best.

I agree a KK strat can be fustrating to play against, but it adds so much more diversity to the game.

bobberyayo

8{

fully agreed with AcidReniX. IF you use it right, you can get a big advantage. When not used the proper way, you will lose.

Puppets

its because there are still some guys that think you use the ubercharge only if youre almost dead O.o… and on granary try this (mid point) jump upstairs and kill the medic :P it not like he unkillable as he has a kritzkrieg.. if you counterkill their medic as he comes out you have an advantage youreself

Depch

Kritzkrieg + Stickies is the only thing I personally don’t like, it’s pretty sick. You like even leave crit stickies after the kritz is over. err. 336-353 damage/sticky with no range penalty, even a heavy is down with one (without buff). Easy to spam with great range with a decently fast class.

But then again the Kritz is so much more fun to the game, good against turtle and offer different gameplay. I just really hope they nerf the use of stickies for demoman somehow so it would balance out better.

Renegade

Imperial

crit stickies being amazing is an inherent problem with ordinary stickies being too strong.

Don Pedro

unexploded crit stickies laid with the kritskrieg should fade to normal stickies after the uber has finished.

alas this is something that not even our friends here at the ETF2L can pull off.

Initially i thought the krituber would never be used in matches but i have seen it more and more often, it is merely another tactic that has both advantages and disadvantages. It is not, in any way, all powerful nor does it take any fun out of the game.

Leave ma’ Krituber alone dawg

Haunter

i understand its annoying to play against kritzkrieg, but its part of the game, id say 30% of the clans use kritz 70% uses ubber, i played against some kritz teams, and i still think ubber is still better than kritz

league will still allow kritzkrieg, and lets not make 1 million limitations in weapons, lets play the game as it is, and not as we want it to be :)

Light

amg

“lets play the game as it is, and not as we want it to be :)”
well, well… how about set class limits off then? class limits are the way to play the game as we want it to be :-P

Sellrion

“well, well… how about set class limits off then? class limits are the way to play the game as we want it to be :-P”
Not it all. :) Every game have their own limitations for competitive playing. Look at CSS or COD for example. The point is, there must be a line we should not break. It is clear that Kritzkrieg banning is not a thing that must be done without breaking a line. ;)

veehell

-cavalier-

I am not so happy with those proposals to any other additional restrictions/rules. Actuall rules are fine as they are.

Next time someone ask to forbid pyro unlocked fireaxe or hwg’s natasha…..

and “well it’s only the game” :)))

Zappah

nou

I think it depends on the situation, if u use the kritzkrieg and have the uber ready before the other team, u prolly gonna win, but if u dont ur goin down.

And imo the usual medigun is better for deffence and the kritz is better for offence, but again, it depends on ur team tactic and handling.
besides that those 2 mediguns are pretty even…

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »