Forum

Forbid Kritzkrieg ?

Created 13th September 2008 @ 08:29

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Mumm.lu

We have recently been playing some matches where our opponents used the Kritzkrieg.

I personnally think that the Kritzkrieg, especially used with the Soldiers Splashdamage, is way to powerfull for competitive and interesting matches. Compared to he Kritzkrieg the normal Ubercharge loads much too slower. Even when you manage to survive the Kritzkrieg attack and pull your Ubercharge, the opponent team can disappear fast by rocket-sticky jump. As a matter of fact, the only way to encounter a well organized Kritzkrieg opponent is to make the Kritzkrieg-Charge faster than them and get them before they get you.

It imbalances the game so much hat you MUST use a 2 soldiers-Kritzkrieg tactic, you can forget about a 1 Heavy 1 Soldier either Ubercharge or Kritzkrieg tactic because it is way to slow.

Is it really a unique lineup what we want in this game? I pesonnally love the diversity of the game as well as developping multiple tactics

/discuss please

marouh

We had played against some clans and some of them used kritzkrieg but i think if you know to get rid of the enemy medic (e.g with your own uber) you can mess up the enemy team in a few seconds. We played on sp_well and we always got them with our charge – so they switched to the normal “healinggun”.But i think if you know how to use kritzkrieg its sometimes really unfair when you got crits with a demo or soldier or even with a heavy you can saw eveything down. But if Kritzkrieg is unfaier or too strong ask yourself if eg the backburner is unfaier too.Pyros always get crits from behind but you need to get the right opportunity too get your enemy from the back.So i think Kritzkrieg is powerful but not too powerful.

Cheers Crazy

Sellrion

the only way to encounter a well organized Kritzkrieg opponent is to make the Kritzkrieg-Charge faster than them and get them before they get you.
The are many ways to encounter a well organized Kritzkrieg opponent. For example, is to get information from your good organized scouts. ;) If your team is ready for crit-attack it leaves almost no chance of using Kritzkrieg successfully for your enemy. But I agree, if you get a right moment for crits, you can make -6 and win a round. But using Kritzkrieg is a big risk to lose a round if your opponent is “well organized”. It fully ballanced, I think…

Waebi

‹Con›

as i posted before, there are 2 things that can happen when you use it…

1. Epic Win, enemy team slaughtered from rockets/stickies/whateva
2. Epic fail, you miss everything because they were so smart to pull back. Now they have normal uber and rape you.

You forget one thing, which is the fact the Medic is still vulnerable during his uber. If you play smart, the enemy Medic should die about 2-3 seconds after initiating the kritzkrieg.

Even though, of course it can be painful as hell, specially if you’re caught busy doing some thing else, e.g. trying to kill an enemy Scout jumping around you, but that’s what makes it so unique. Like waebi said – It’ll either win you the game, or lose it instantly.

AnimaL

“I pesonnally love the diversity of the game as well as developping multiple tactics” kritzkrieg is a tactic… get over it and figure it out

Puppets

stop crying … you should rather sort out a tactic to get waste of the crits…. usually you can sacrify and heavy to let all other classes escape and normally you can see if they will have crits soon and use it! main issue: dont beliefe the medic will only use it as hes almost dead :P

we use both, and they both work very well for different situations. both charges are counterable, and adds alot more depth to the game.

morf

[j]\\\'
[j]'

“I pesonnally love the diversity of the game as well as developping multiple tactics”

kritzkrieg is a tactic lol

kEvNx

.#mtf

Kritzkrieg is NOT a tactic !! It’s for me a really “public” weapon to have fun like publicgames -.-
ETF2L should forbid Kritzkrieg !!

And please say me: How kill the enemy Medic with Kritzkrieg ?? You get as Heavy >1< Critrocket and you’re dead! Thats not fun – that’s public-crap, but OK If you have fun with this.. Play with Kritzkrieg, nevermind, but that is not Skill for me.

cheerio,
kEvNx

AnimaL

heavy can survive 2 crit rockets + i didnt see any more arguments there…

Rubber Johnny

so kevnX kritz is no skill for you? but going invulnerable into the enemy mob is skill for you? ok hi.
And if kritz is so imba, you can use it on your own, cant you? (let me guess, you don’t want such an easy “advantage”. I mean there are enough restrictions already and kritzkrieg, as already said before, gives at least some different possibilities and depth. And even buffed soldiers can survivie a critrocket, happened often to me, that I didnt die from the splash damage:/

fisk

KiH
KiH

as much as I hate kritzkrieg it IS a tactic and we shouldn’t be restricting it. As other peoples are saying, if you know what your doing and you know how to play countering it isn’t that hard. Plus the fact if you fail your kritzkrieg uber it’s 10 times worse then failing your normal uber because you’ll die painfully 110% of the times.

Puppets

a crit rocked does 295 damage O.o as i remeber and a heavy can have up to 450 HP so one rockets wont kill him and he can just stay to let the medic escape (as hes to slow to escape anyway)

Depch

For the original post I say that banning just 1 weapon unlock is not the way to go. I say you either allow it all or you ban them all, play with the original classes or with the evolved game. :)

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »