Forum

Non cheater player about to be banned. We gotta do something !

Created 17th October 2009 @ 18:13

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 11 Next »

ambra

We should make a poll to decide if players agree being banned without any proof ( obviously not) but that will really make admins pay some more attention to this .

polls are the cancer killing the internet day by day

stop posting 8 pages of back and forth, flat-out CARING about this stupid video game good god some dude got banned from a game whose relevance is tanking stop it just stop it quit caring oh my GOD i hate you all

<3 DearJohnCarter.. he's just so chirpy :)

seraph

rEJ

u mad ayedoc?

ye, u mad

Last edited by seraph,

We should make a poll to decide if players agree being banned without any proof ( obviously not) but that will really make admins pay some more attention to this .

polls are the cancer killing the internet day by day

You’re kinda right but some polls are really usefull.

xtala

You have some good points about the nature of the aimbots.
However (this is very important), ANY players behaviour could be “explained” in terms of aimbots and cheats.
“Ok, he jumped there and suddeny shot the enemy in the head. There is a aimbot that does just that”.
“Ok, he missed a shot and then hit the enemy with two consecutive shots. This is precisely the programming of that aimbot.”
And so on.
The principle is the same as when some people try to find hidden encrypted messages in the Bible and the Koran and so on. If you have enough ways of “decrypting” the text you will undoubtely find a lot of “hidden messages”You have exactly the same principle at work here : If you have a list big enough of movement an aiming patterns you will undoubfully find some of those patterns if you look at an arbitrary demo of a random non-cheating player.

But if those patterns keep returning, I’d say you actually are onto something.

com

I’m afraid my alarm bells are kinda ringing here: how exactly does a demo just *stop* recording without a player dropping or issuing a “stoprecord” command? Is there some technical explanation that we’re unaware of?

Is it possible anyone uses the bind “F8” “invbug” (alias invbug “record asdf; stop; developer 1; echo FIX BUG; developer 0”) to fix bug of invisible player models during a match can crash his demo??…

actually this script won’t work properly without few “wait”-s between “record” and “stop” cmds. and it WILL stop current demo recording. it happened to me few times during officials, mostly because i’m using alt to talk. result – incomplete demos… alt-tab fckups is not so rare :[ so it’s rather shaky base for any decision

Last edited by Olphken the Lucid,

NEA

EC!

First of all i have to say, i really dont know how Anti-Cheat-Admins are working and how the progress of an cheater detection happens. But one thing i recognized very well, every 3 or 4 weeks we get an great discussion about the “Show me proof” & “i want to know why”.

I have an idea about another system that is maybe more democratic. Actually we have 6 AC-Admins and i think they are very good at what they are doing. They should do their work as usual. One thing, i hope everybody understands is that, they cant show all of us their proofs, to prevent the cheaters to slip under their eyes.

But what about an jury or call it court that exists out of 5 etf2l-players, which getting promoted for every season? They are not AC-Admins, they only have the part to judge about the cheater. So AC-Admins must tell them why they want to ban a player and the last word is on the judges. So you are sure, that the ban was discussed and was proofen.

This system will split off the judging and detecting cheaters and i think this idea maybe could be a way to stop these threads. Another good thing will be that the AC-Admins wont be the “bad boys” anymore.

Feel free to discuss.

Greetz & Cheers NEA

compton

cvx|

You have some good points about the nature of the aimbots.
However (this is very important), ANY players behaviour could be “explained” in terms of aimbots and cheats.
“Ok, he jumped there and suddeny shot the enemy in the head. There is a aimbot that does just that”.
“Ok, he missed a shot and then hit the enemy with two consecutive shots. This is precisely the programming of that aimbot.”
And so on.
The principle is the same as when some people try to find hidden encrypted messages in the Bible and the Koran and so on. If you have enough ways of “decrypting” the text you will undoubtely find a lot of “hidden messages”You have exactly the same principle at work here : If you have a list big enough of movement an aiming patterns you will undoubfully find some of those patterns if you look at an arbitrary demo of a random non-cheating player.

Yes, you might be “onto something”, but it still isn’t proof. Bans shouldn’t be based on hunches, but actual evidence. No matter how experienced the AC admin is or how strong the hunch is.

Last edited by compton,

Iller

tGa

Could be, but not neccesarily. A player usually tend to repeat his own moving patterns even if he is not using cheats.

This question of what constitutes a “proof” is very hard, at least if your only proof is an analysis of a demo.

If you can see directly that the person is using some extra installed software known to give cheats, then that would, in my opinion be a as close to a proof we might come.
This should be enough to ban a player. I assume this is the type of proof ETF2L rely on.
However, this you can never see just from a recorded demo, right ? Or can you ?

Edit : NEA, I like your idea. In fact, precisely that idea has been up to discussions before. Since we don’t have jury like that I assume the idea was turned down by someone in charge.

Edit : I would find it very interesting to become an anti-cheat admin myself. I never get bored of the game and like to spectate and analyze players.

Last edited by Iller,

cook

FB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mML2fPec7xU

Read this thread with that on.

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

For Iller and anyone else who is interested in helping out the league in any way, I would strongly recommend that you send an email to Daykiller (his email is on the ETF2L > Staff page) or contact any other admin by irc or steam. Even if we have not currently posted a recruitment post in the news, we’ll be happy to take a look at any application.

With regards to NEA’s suggestion, I can see some good points and flaws in it but I’ll mention it to the other admins.

cook

FB

NEA’s suggestion is highly flawed. It’s common knowledge that some countries in the EU refuse to believe that a fellow countryman could cheat, therefore, I suggest that this ‘council’ be made up of 100% Americans. That’s right.

bat

Last edited by cook,

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Exclusive first pic of cook’s council here.

Last edited by SnowiE,

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mML2fPec7xU

Read this thread with that on.

Hahaha, reminds me about the good old days of Mr Nice. Watching him dance is more exciting than this thread. http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/nice

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 11 Next »