Forum

Non cheater player about to be banned. We gotta do something !

Created 17th October 2009 @ 18:13

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 Next »

miikka

[MIPC]
[MIPC]

I’m afraid my alarm bells are kinda ringing here: how exactly does a demo just *stop* recording without a player dropping or issuing a “stoprecord” command? Is there some technical explanation that we’re unaware of?

im quite happy someone brought this up, bit surprised it hasnt come up already. i found it (i wont even use the word suspicious) dissapointing that this demo somehow got lost, especially when watching back a stv of the fastlane map Harryhook didnt disconnect or timeout at all.

especially when watching back a stv of the fastlane map Harryhook didnt disconnect or timeout at all.

watching back a stv of the fastlane map

Are you saying that an stv demo of the map actually exists? Why not upload that one?

reggin

FoF

does anyone else get this thing where you see a post on one of the first pages and you want to reply with a witty comment but you sort of cant because it was made so long ago

Skyride

DUCS

does anyone else get this thing where you see a post on one of the first pages and you want to reply with a witty comment but you sort of cant because it was made so long ago

tbh, Just do it, I want to see more of your avatar.

To ban solely based on 1 demo is not right. Especially if the Demo is like this and nothing suspect is shown.

I’m afraid my alarm bells are kinda ringing here: how exactly does a demo just *stop* recording without a player dropping or issuing a “stoprecord” command? Is there some technical explanation that we’re unaware of?

im quite happy someone brought this up, bit surprised it hasnt come up already. i found it (i wont even use the word suspicious) dissapointing that this demo somehow got lost, especially when watching back a stv of the fastlane map Harryhook didnt disconnect or timeout at all.

especially when watching back a stv of the fastlane map Harryhook didnt disconnect or timeout at all.

watching back a stv of the fastlane map

Are you saying that an stv demo of the map actually exists? Why not upload that one?

What’s this? I thought there was no demo of fastlane?

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

xtala

Yes, you might be “onto something”, but it still isn’t proof. Bans shouldn’t be based on hunches, but actual evidence. No matter how experienced the AC admin is or how strong the hunch is.

That entirly depends on how often these patterns repeat and if they are exactly the same every time. There is no way that you do the exact same move in the exact same time again and again, there will always be a slight difference in timing (a few ms)

dougiie

CotC

tbh, Just do it, I want to see more of your avatar.

<3 avatar

compton

cvx|

Yes, you might be “onto something”, but it still isn’t proof. Bans shouldn’t be based on hunches, but actual evidence. No matter how experienced the AC admin is or how strong the hunch is.

That entirly depends on how often these patterns repeat and if they are exactly the same every time. There is no way that you do the exact same move in the exact same time again and again, there will always be a slight difference in timing (a few ms)

Of course, but that that’s a separate issue from the parent post.

Last edited by compton,

Iller

tGa

This is true of course. If the something in the movement or aiming repeat itself with some unrealistically high accuracy every time, then something fishy is likely to be going on.

Dorkan

FB

I have a keybind that records a demo and stops recording 1 sec later, its useful, when I alt tab that keybind gets rid of invisible people. so it’s not impossible to make a mistake and stop recording a demo during a match, some people even forgets to record the demo during all the map, but that would be a warning for not uploading a demo, not a ban for cheating based in nothing. Well maybe someone cried and some admin did not his job propertly.
I hope etf2l admins dont ban harryhook after reading wireplay cheaters report, I hope and they’ll probably do investigate in their own way this demo and see that there’s absolutely no cheating in it.

ZeyOrk

lets write books. woho. keep it short!

Father Ted – Not a racist.

Tsu

RaWr ::

Pikalash get banned by admins here for “wallhack” just with one STV showing… nothing relevant (and unfortunately for him, he hadn’t record a demo in THAT non-official war, so he can’t defend himself).

So yeah, admins here can ban for 1 action only based on a STV record.
And the more extraordinary is that it doesn’t sound weird to anybody here when it happened.

Good luck HarryHook and others ;)

AnAkkk

Pikalash get banned by admins here for “wallhack” just with one STV showing… nothing relevant (and unfortunately for him, he hadn’t record a demo in THAT non-official war, so he can’t defend himself).

And the more extraordinary is that it doesn’t sound weird to anybody here when it happened.

1 action? I don’t know where you heard that from, but it’s wrong.

ambra

what you people still fail to realize is that the if the anticheat staff showed every time every single system/reasoning/proof they used to take their decision, everyone else would automatically know what to do TO NOT GET CAUGHT making cheating even more widespread and hard to spot

bun

yes, but admins are humans. So with no proofs, they has the power of banning someone they don’t like.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 Next »