Forum

Critical and Open Discussion

Created 8th October 2009 @ 09:34

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »

ST8

Ok i know most people won’t know who i am but id like to make clear that contrary to what some people think, the forum rules are not here to stop you discussing issues you may have with etf2l or its staff. They’re just common sense. I’d like to promote open discussion, however it’s important that people keep their cool and discuss in a sensible fashion.

Please feel free to discuss any issues you have with the league or issues raised at tf2street either in this thread or in new ones. All i ask if that you keep your cool and discuss in an adult fashion, we won’t delete or lock your threads.

Cheers

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

Please feel free to discuss […] issues raised at tf2street either in this thread or in new ones.

we are allowed to talk about this again, thanks

byte

Spot on ST8 :)

Cheers

Byte

However at the same time etf2l is hosted entirely for free and we currently use our fair share of bandwidth and resources. I’m therefore suggesting opening a donations account at least until any real sponsors are found

To me the two statements contradict to an extent. Does this mean Deltron hosts a server personally and ETF2L uses that server to host the site? And where does the money donated go? Deltron or ETF2L itself? Sorry I would just like some clarification. I’m not trying to incite anything here. Thanks for coming back and clearing some stuff up though.

Last edited by daithi1,

ST8

No worries i appreciate that you want to know whats going on. Deltron has a box he pays for himeself. When we started deltron agreed to host the site for us and now we use the majority of resources on that box. Gryzor point was that he felt its only fair we compensate him and to be honest i agree.

Last edited by ST8,

deltron

Just to clarify a few things here. I own, admin and pay the colocation bills for the server that runs this site. The server cost me £750 and the colocation is £52 per month.

Originally I was just concerned that the advertising on the site was generating revenue and I wasn’t receiving any compensation for the actual monetary costs that I incur. All I was after was a small contribution towards those costs.

I am perfectly happy for there to be complete transparency with regards to any money I receive. I don’t host this site in order to make a profit.

To be honest I’d be more than happy to donate but you still haven’t told me where it goes. Does it go entirely to Deltron or through ETF2L and they decide how much to give Deltron or has that not been decided. I don’t mean any of this personally I want to help out but just want to now where my money would go.

Last edited by daithi1,

ST8

To deltron to directly pay the server costs we incur, anything above and beyond the server costs will be put back into the league.

Last edited by ST8,

for science

It would seem from what has been said the money is going to weqo, and then finding it’s way to Deltron to help recover some of the £52 he pays for colocation on his server.

Edit: ^

Last edited by for science,

To deltron to directly pay the server costs we incur.

Thanks, I’m happy now :).

Last edited by daithi1,

Daggial

fap

Why hasn’t Daykiller answered a single accuse to him last days? I was starting to think that he escaped to Mexico with all the money!

Why are you (ST8) posting these advertisements instead of him? I think he should do it, since he is involved personally in these facts

Why haven’t you admins immediatly respond to the doubts crept in every player after what has been said about these topics? There are many players thinking you are administrating this site like a mafia family right now. You might have avoided this :O

Last edited by Daggial,

byte

Patience is a virtue, if we responded straight away to every accusation someone made about the admins in ETF2L then clearly we aren’t thinking straight.

It’s up to day if he wants to answer anything or if he feels the need to, as you can see the much support from the “server” & money side of things i.e. Weqo/ST8/Deltron have made their speech backing up Day. It was just the way he was portrayed in a ‘mediocre’ way by a few very livid and ‘wannabe revenge’ members of this TF2 community, shouldn’t be hard to do the maths of whom i’m talking about in particular daggial :)

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

ST8

I thought it would be better if either myself or deltron directly answered the points raised.

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

Why hasn’t Daykiller answered a single accuse to him last days? I was starting to think that he escaped to Mexico with all the money!

Why are you (ST8) posting these advertisements instead of him? I think he should do it, since he is involved personally in these facts

Why haven’t you admins immediatly respond to the doubts crept in every player after what has been said about these topics? There are many players thinking you are administrating this site like a mafia family right now. You might have avoided this :O

Sorry, but I doubt that many players think about a Mafia-ETF2L.
Its like every drama, someone pasts away but at the end of the day, we are happy again. And the post card I got was from Dominican Republic. :D

Last edited by cheee,

Daggial

fap

Sorry, but I doubt that many players think about a Mafia-ETF2L.

I just used a “local” expression of the “Nazi”-ETF2L someone said in tf2street blog etc :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »