Forum

Balance the unlockables without help from valve?

Created 4th October 2009 @ 19:52

Add A Reply Pages: 1

blisf

This idea came to me when I saw this guide:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=978749&page=4

This guide basically gives you the ability to change the unlockables to whatever you want. (i.e fixing sandmam/FaN/natacha/stuff)

So why not having top teams check some weapons fixes, or even new weapons, and make them standard at all etf2l servers?

Discuss.

Jonni

[FB]

lets not mess up the game that valve is trying hard (together with us) to fix. Also lets not make a ‘pro’ mod that changes the game completely!

AnAkkk

Agreed with Jonni.

And it would need to install those modified files on every server, and they would get replaced on every game update.

Wiiking

it could be worth it, the huntsman is really overpowered as it is now and with no limits at all it really sucks to play nowadays…

xzr

+1 sneis

Randdalf

(0v0)

A lot of things are forseen as overpowered because people haven’t had the chance to adapt to them yet. Although, afaik, the Huntsman has a larger headshot hitbox than the rifle. Regardless, you’re not going to see a scout go huntsman sniper and be useful very often.

Rele

the huntsman is really overpowered

I lol’d.

Anyway, I agree with Jonni.

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

I really want to see a huntsman sniper on e.g. freight raping the other team
like our rifle-sniper sometimes do
I like TF2 as it is and always were against TF2True or other Mods

Last edited by cheee,

exm

valve have been really responsive of what we think latetly (TF2 beta anyone?) so I doubt we need such tool.

P.S.: Hunstman is only op in tunnel-like maps (dustbowl, goldrush etc) and is useless compared to sniper rifle on maps like badlands or yukon.

iQue

keso

Huntsman isn’t OP in any occasion really… it’s better than the sniper rifle in tight spaces but just because it’s better than the stock weapon in a certain occasion doesn’t mean it’s somehow overpowered! Should the huntsman be worse than the sniper rifle in any situation?

Sekhel

Whoever took Sneis post seriously needs to attend the sarcasm school…

Last edited by Sekhel,

Huwsif

lolwow

If u start creating tf2_pro then u risk completely cutting off public players from competative tf2 as they are unlikely to want to learn lots of new weapons for competative gameplay. This would cause problems for the numbers playing tf2 6on6. I think its worth waiting for Valve to do it properly, you should be grateful that a dev team is listening to such a small section of their market and repay them with patience.

compton

cvx|

Just because his idea wasn’t perfect doesn’t mean it has to be shot down.

This could be a great tool to have our own little “beta test”, where we can try more stuff and immediately start testing it without having to wait for Valve’s developers. After testing, we can present more valuable feedback to Valve because we have experience to back our opinions. ETF2L isn’t the best place for that, but this could idea could be developed into something better :)

AnAkkk

We already have TF2 beta and test changes when needed and report directly to VALVe everything they need to know, we don’t really need this.

Add A Reply Pages: 1