Forum

Cheaters second chance

Created 23rd September 2009 @ 09:37

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 13 Next »

maggles!

[DA]
[DA]

If any one has been banned for cheating, they should be on a ‘on strike then out for life’ system.

However banning people on a first offense leaves 0 margin for error by the admins, and to be fair mistakes will be made.

Tsu

RaWr ::

It’s simple. You ban a cheater for life, they change their steam and come back. You temp ban a cheater, you can keep a close eye on them as they return with their original steam. I don’t see the problem with returning cheaters, as long as they are watched closely, which pretty much the whole community does automatically.

+1

Chopin

Cheaters need help! I’m thinking about starting a rehab center for cheaters, just to… help them! They need help! Very often the cheating is a product of long time sexual abuse! We need to help cheaters, this is people that need real help! Banning will never help :(

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Never-ending debate. Cheating is unaccebtable, but humans make mistakes.

The mTw player Zonic was known as a stupid cheater long time ago, now he’s one of the most respected CS16 players.

This is the same with quite a few very high skilled players in 1.6. kHRYSTAL was one of them, and hes fucking insane.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

I don’t think bans should be permanent, especially when we don’t get to see the evidence against and there is no real form of appeal etc.

A life time probation is probably adequate.

KondoR is innocent, I look forward to his return!

I am for a zero tolerance policy on hacking.
But if people really want to come back then allowing them to do so with a new account is a decent option, at least they get punished for there behaviour that way.

Last edited by Security,

appe

If they are innocent they should come and prove it on LAN.

FADe

Never-ending debate. Cheating is unaccebtable, but humans make mistakes.

The mTw player Zonic was known as a stupid cheater long time ago, now he’s one of the most respected CS16 players.

This is the same with quite a few very high skilled players in 1.6. kHRYSTAL was one of them, and hes fucking insane.

You sure? I don’t think he did. There was a CSS movie maker who stole the name, made loads of css movies with the most batshit insane frags in it.. when the community started asking questions. Where the **** has he come from, who does he play with why hasn’t he achieved anything in the game and why haven’t we heard of him he just said “I play pcws vs lowskill so I can get really good footage for frags” or something along those lines. He was later found out to be a cheat and has been busted several times by ESL’s aequitas. Pretty similar story to slink.
I’ve always been told/read that hardly any top 1.6 players used to ‘cheat’ – they’ve only fucked around with them with their friends in publics etc.. never actually crossed the line and used them in competitive play. Obviously bar the odd exception… and 95% of the UK’s top players :]

h0stage

they proved it on 1st Russian Lan in Moscow, i mean kondor(1st place), abra(3st place), blow(3st place) :p

Last edited by h0stage,

Sekhel

AFAIK, Kondor did it already a couple of times, for example.

Changed anything? No.
Most people are close-minded idiots. After someone was declared “cheater”, and even without ever watching any single piece of evidence, they would never believe they didn’t cheated.

Usually, inferiority complex, they hate everyone better than tem or even at the same level, and want them to f*ck off at all costs.

kaidus

WiK?

Just cause someone cheats it doesn’t mean they’re instantly a bad player when not using the cheats. It just means they’re a dickhead : D.

Last edited by kaidus,

Imperium

I would definitely be in favour of keeping a second chance. The bans are pretty extensive and their rep is in ruins. If they really want to come back cheat and troll then they make another account etc etc. So lifetime bans won’t work and from the little i’ve seen there has been few flames etc so the ban lengths seem to be good. The only issue i can think of letting them have a second chance is it goes wrong. They do it again (simple – give permaban) or they flame (as mentioned above, still possible if banned). Advantages are that some guy who made a mistake can work his way up from an awful state, which is the only fair thing to do tbh. He dug himself into a mess, let him try and get out of it

Sir Remix

frø
DANMARK

Just cause someone cheats it doesn’t mean they’re instantly a bad player. It just means they’re a dickhead : D.

lmfao

n00ne

As Norris said, perma-ban will only make things worse.

It’s like going to jail – when you are out again (if the punishment was right), you paid your debt. If no one ever offers you a job because you’ve been in jail, you will probably become an active criminal again – after all, you have no choice, you tried to be honest, but no one accepted you.

God I hate when people compare game situations with something from real life. Nobody gives a flying fuck about the prison system , it’s a game – suck it up. Cheated? – Perma ban.

Perma bans are win. Nobody wants cheaters crawling around and trolling your matches. Keep them banned.

Last edited by n00ne,

Simonine

If I kill a man (put a case, that was an accident), I have a second chance. If I cheat in TF2, I haven’t. Oh come on…

cheats cannot be accidents dude

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 13 Next »