Forum

Cheaters second chance

Created 23rd September 2009 @ 09:37

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 13 Next »

alfa

You never know so I think they should be perma banned.

Last edited by alfa,

compton

cvx|

I cheated when I was 10 years old at a pub, but today I would never cheat in an official.

Permabans rarely do any good. Length of the ban should be considered case by case, considering severity and the kind of environment where the cheating took place. I’d say 1-5 years bans. And stuff like particle cheating and other kind of “tinkering” that isn’t in the rules but rather having to do with morals could be handled with even shorter bans (maybe one season ban).

Perma banning won’t stop cheating, and cheating isn’t a real problem in cash games.

Last edited by compton,

Iller

tGa

Ok, if you have been cheating as a child one could make an exception..

byte

Rule is in life, if you cheat and are caught you are handed a punishment, that punishment for valve is 1 year, the punishment by us is dependant on what hax and so on but ranges from 3months- 2 years.

Once the ” tf2 e-cirminal” has served the length of his punishment he is no longer banned and is allowed back. However he has his image tarnished for a long while, usually it takes up to 8/9years for the community to forgive/forget (and by then the game is dead).

After all they are human and people can change yes the majority who cheat might always cheat but there are some people who do change.

Anyway the best thing as league admins can do is keep a closer eye on the “ex” cheaters who are back playing in the league and take it from there. If they are caught again then their punishment will be even more severe so for example if they were banned for 2 years previously it would be increased most likely to 4 or perm from the league.

Just my two cents ^_^

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

Silan

(Actual Size)

I see your point, but if you take into account the amount of cs1.6 cheaters and the amount of tf2 cheaters, its not really comparable. And for the “humans make mistakes” view, I kind of want them to make their next mistake in some other game tbh.

I dont think any of us know exactly how many cheaters each community have, and i dont see it really changes anything.

I’ve seen talented players in both TF2 and CS16 who started cheating just to push it that extra mile, even thought they didnt really need it. The statement “cheaters are cheaters are cheaters who are forever evil” is stupid and has been proved wrong over and over again.

The only way to really get respect back, if you are a caught cheater, is LAN results in my book, and that shouldnt be hard if your a dedicated player.

compton

cvx|

Ok, if you have been cheating as a child one could make an exception..

Some people are 20 but act like they’re 9. Just because someone cheated because he’s a 20-year-old idiot doesn’t still warrant a perma ban IMO, if that’s what you mean. Age really isn’t the issue, but the intent.

There’s other kind of cheating too, that rarely happens and even more rarely gets noticed. Smart people who cheat, but are really good at hiding it and playing in higher divisions. I think these cases should result in longer bans, because it’s not just someone dicking around, they’re actually thinking about what they do, and they have a deeper intent to get success by cheating.

ozonE

Bring!

Once a cheater, always a cheater, except if you try a cheat as a 9-year old as Compton said.

mvp.

marco
¤_¤

do a close up view on the returning cheaters like, making them upload demos at every game, even if the other team doesn’t ask them, even ask them to use xac or any other software and make them upload it aswell.

Agree, albeit the anti-cheat software doesn’t work, but they should be forced to upload pov demos from every match they play to the database, and obviously a one-strike and you’re out rule if they do not record a demo

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

do a close up view on the returning cheaters like, making them upload demos at every game, even if the other team doesn’t ask them, even ask them to use xac or any other software and make them upload it aswell.

Agree, albeit the anti-cheat software doesn’t work, but they should be forced to upload pov demos from every match they play to the database, and obviously a one-strike and you’re out rule if they do not record a demo

Agree on this.

compton

cvx|

Could be fair if stuff like human errors (forgetting), failing hard drives, game crashes etc. wouldn’t exist. If by “one strike you’re out” you again mean a perma ban.

Iller

tGa

Some people are 20 but act like they’re 9. Just because someone cheated because he’s a 20-year-old idiot doesn’t still warrant a perma ban IMO, if that’s what you mean. Age really isn’t the issue, but the intent.

I think it is a big difference if you are cheating as a 10 year old or 20 year old.
A 20 year old is an adult person and have much more maturity and know the consequences of what he/she is doing (unless he/she is mentally retarded or something).
If some 20 year olds in here want to behave like they were 10 it’s their choice and they should not be treated as 10 year olds.

There’s other kind of cheating too, that rarely happens and even more rarely gets noticed. Smart people who cheat, but are really good at hiding it and playing in higher divisions. I think these cases should result in longer bans, because it’s not just someone dicking around, they’re actually thinking about what they do, and they have a deeper intent to get success by cheating.

I agree completely.
Someone fooling around on a public server and decides to try a cheat is still a cheater and should be punished, but that “career cheater” you mention should be perm banned or get a very long ban in my opinion.

Agree on this.

A good way of solving it, but have you considered the amount of work this needs. Assuming every POV has to be watched by some kind of anti-cheat admin. Its 10 hours of watching every season, times the amount of ex-cheaters that return to the league. And last time I looked, the anti-cheating crew was already running thin, keep in mind they also have to look at new suspects.

Isai

flowerpower/

I’m against perma banning at least when they are first caught. Everyone deserves a second chance. Except when they cheat again, then ban their asses for life.

Pedman

sextant

Should be banned for life, I for once wont play against old cheaters if that might happen.

Fanva

More people to the ac-crew!

One chance should be way more than enough.
To let people back for a second chance when the ban expires and “keep a closer look on the ex cheaters” would just add more work to the ac-crew when they could be investgating more cheaters instead.

I’d rather see the ac-crew ban as many idiots as possible than have them look into people that’s already been banned before.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 13 Next »