Forum

Cheaters second chance

Created 23rd September 2009 @ 09:37

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 13 Next »

Its now been a while since the first wave of cheaters were caught and banned here, thanks to a hardworking anti-cheating staff. What I find kind of strange is that the cheaters actually get a second chance in etf2l.

Am I the only one worried that they will return to the league already in April (which might even be in season 7), even though they’ve clearly broken the code of any online fps game? Will you ever trust their frags against you to be legit?

I don’t want any flaming in this thread, and please, you don’t have to mention names/nicks of said cheaters. If it were up to me I would never let them return.

(btw Im talking about the real cheaters like wallhack and aimbot, not people who got banned for death threats and the like.)

flix

n2o

ban 4 life!

Nodachi

vR|

Report them and get them VAC banned gogo.

Master

Actimel

I could give them a chance – their videos will be so popular ;] Even if some1 used cheats he has also brain and bad exp, but exp. Known cheaters can be watched by others ( not admins only) and we can see how good they are or how many times they do misses ( aimbot )

PS Teams won’t take any cheater if they have any doubts.

PS2 I played a mix 2-3 months ago with 3 or 4 ppl banned on etf2l for cheating. Tbh name of that mix should have been “Team Banned” ;] but guys were ok. And only one of that players said that he used cheats but he is clear now

Last edited by Master,

Silan

(Actual Size)

Never-ending debate. Cheating is unaccebtable, but humans make mistakes.

The mTw player Zonic was known as a stupid cheater long time ago, now he’s one of the most respected CS16 players.

vaxjo

Hey dats!

It’s a tough spot – some of the blatant cheaters might just simply be c*nts, come back and discreetly try to pull of the same shit as before just to mock “the system”

In the other hand, I feel like some of the bans were a bit so and so if they happened for a reason or not. It would suck for them if they actually wanted to return and continue their etf2l career properly just to be greeted by a ban that was extended to a lifetime.

archy

cheaters are cheaters and will always keep cheating. i do not trust anyone who has ever been caught for cheating and i will never do. i would like to see a lifetime ban tbh… no need for cheaters in etf2l. shall they go cheat somewhere else.

Tsu

RaWr ::

lol
and liars are liars and will always keep liying.

Nice sentence mate, we are all liars.

Never-ending debate. Cheating is unaccebtable, but humans make mistakes.

The mTw player Zonic was known as a stupid cheater long time ago, now he’s one of the most respected CS16 players.

I see your point, but if you take into account the amount of cs1.6 cheaters and the amount of tf2 cheaters, its not really comparable. And for the “humans make mistakes” view, I kind of want them to make their next mistake in some other game tbh.

Tsu

RaWr ::

I don’t think the number of players in the community is involved in the fact to judge the veracity of becoming respectable or honest “again”.

Question in my mind: will you, ppl, trust again a supposed cheater if he’s going @LAN and playing as good as he was on the internet when he got banned (for good or fake reason btw) ?

Norris

lifetime ban sounds easy but it rises more problems than it solves imo. a caught cheat who ain’t getting a new chance won’t bother to become legit. there’s no room for him/her in this community. so the cheat will just return under a new alias and the shit starts all over again. the negative part is that the clan which picked the cheat unknowingly up will basically get doomed by etf2l and their community and this will hurt the whole community in a long run.

I’d say just give them a fair chance to become legit again.

Last edited by Norris,

Iller

tGa

cheaters are cheaters and will always keep cheating. i do not trust anyone who has ever been caught for cheating and i will never do. i would like to see a lifetime ban tbh… no need for cheaters in etf2l. shall they go cheat somewhere else.

I agree.
It’s not a simple “mistake” to cheat. It is a conscious act to try to get unfair advantages in the game. It takes a certain kind of person to even come up with the idea.
Even the idea is totally unthinkable for most of us, I hope.
I would never trust a person to play in my team(if I had one..) if he had been caught cheating before.

The comparason to liars in the post below yours is not totally fair, but it has some revelance. Some persons lie regulary to get some benefits from it and others do not.
Many of us just practically never lie (except lies you tell not to hurt someones feelings.)
But of course, even if you lie once it doesn’t make you a liar for life.

It is much easier to let a lie slip through your mouth than to consciously search for, download and install a cheat to your game. Cheating takes careful planning and is not just something that might happen by “mistake”.

I hope the admins continue their good work in finding and banning the cheaters from here.

Last edited by Iller,

julieN1

cQr

do a close up view on the returning cheaters like, making them upload demos at every game, even if the other team doesn’t ask them, even ask them to use xac or any other software and make them upload it aswell.

Orbba

lifetime ban sounds easy but it rises more problems than it solves imo. a caught cheat who ain’t getting a new chance won’t bother to become legit. there’s no room for him/her in this community. so the cheat will just return under a new alias and the shit starts all over again. the negative part is that the clan which picked the cheat unknowingly up will basically be doomed by etf2l and their community and this will hurt the community in a long run.

I’d say just give them a fair chance to become legit again.

+1

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

do a close up view on the returning cheaters like, making them upload demos at every game, even if the other team doesn’t ask them, even ask them to use xac or any other software and make them upload it aswell.

Agree, albeit the anti-cheat software doesn’t work, but they should be forced to upload pov demos from every match they play to the database, and obviously a one-strike and you’re out rule if they do not record a demo

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 13 Next »