Forum

What if demolimit 1 is violated

Created 31st August 2008 @ 16:12

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Hate E. Lee

I have seen at least 1 screeny in Season 3 – Divison 3 A, where demolimit 1 was violated. What is the punishment for that? How could you proove it, despite of a team being dumb enough to post a such a screeny?

Silan

(Actual Size)

Demos are a good proof i assume :).

Waebi

‹Con›

go spectator, make screenshot, submit.

or just record a demo.

Consequences? Warnings i guess.

Freakadelle

One Major point were ok!

Wlv

RaWr ::

do _not_ go spectator, do this :-

#etf2l (quakenet), !admin, paste url to an uploaded demo where you see 2x demo’s, an STV demo would be better obviously :)

However, some times people do change class to get the better spawn, so a screenshot doesn’t really cut it on it’s own :)

Consequences, default loss on the map that the team use x2 demo’s

ryb

nR

You could make a rule saying that you have to class switch so that you do not violate the class limits. Then screenies would be enough :D

Haunter

important:

just because some team has 2 demomans, dont leave the server claiming default win… just tell them 2 demoman is forbidden and if they dont change u can complain, if they change back and the game wasnt affected, just keep playing

if for some reason, u think they got an advange by the time they used 2 demomans, u have the right to complain, and league takes actions of punishment

this is just to avoid claming winnings because a team used 2 demomans for 20s, cause they forgot or something :)

still, demos are required to be evaluated by the league

gir

I don’t think you can really rely on a screenshot as proof either because someone can go spy and disguise as a demoman on their own team.
Demos from the accused team would be best, no?

Stealthy

wizzo

Is their not a cvar to limit demoman to 1 in the etf2l config. Like the pickup servers did with pyros and demos? or is that a plugin

Wlv

RaWr ::

No mate, thats done via admin plugins, a la admin mod :/

Haunter

we never needed a plugin to limit medic to 1…

when ppl joins a league, they have to play by the rules, violating rules = punishment

morf

[j]\\\'
[j]'

in this case, we never really saw them using two demos in the actual game though. weird

Waebi

‹Con›

“they have to play by the rules, violating rules = punishment”

*hands over Thor’s oversized banhammer to Haunter*

Haunter

:D

Inexistence

Üb

I’ve heard people suggesting 2 demomen because they saw 1 demo, killed him, then about 5 seconds later saw another. Somebody could have switched to demo, such as a scout, since sometimes it’s required to have a demo. So demo dies, scout switches to demo, I don’t think that’d count as a violation.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »