Forum

New custom map worth taking a look! cp_freight_b3

Created 1st August 2008 @ 14:47

Locked Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Stealthy

wizzo

So season three is starting soon and i thought id bring up a possible candidate for one of the custom maps for season 3.

So why mention this map?

For starters- I think its the first custom map ive ever played that actually plays like a Valve control point map. It is very simple to learn, Small(no bigger than Granary) and very addictive to play it also has a little twist in it which is great fun.

So whats the feedback so far?

Well i’ve only been able to arrange one pcw on this map with 4kings and they gave it the thumbs up along with us. I’ve also arranged a few mixes for this map. Again the feedback was extremely positive.

Download link, images below

CP_Freight_b3

Mirror

Download

Anything else?

Find a bug or a suggestion please state them. The sorry bugger that made this map happens to be my brother so getting incontact with him is easy for me. Final version will be released very shorty after it has been through a good few sessions of testing by you guys! (its pretty much polished anyway)

Description

“Where trains mean business”

Freight can be thought of as a bonus map. With CP_Steel progress slowing down towards the finish, Fishbus didn’t want to just work on fixes for older maps, so he created something within a month to test out some of his optimization abilities, and to keep him familiar with firing out new ideas for maps.

The product of this is cp_freight. A map where trains mean business, literally. The map has an ‘S’ shaped structure with two rails running through the map, from each teams last point, towards the middle and then back towards the enemies base point. Unlike cp_well, the trains have been extended in size and slowed down, to make them more involved during a battle. The trains are random, and are quite happy to run over or frustrate RED or BLU equally.

The second and fourth point are inside the teams warehouse, slowing down a steamroll and bringing the fight indoors. It breaks the pace and of course, the surrounding environment.

So enjoy this simple and symmetrical control point map with a more involved train system.

Custom models made by “Fish Ladder Theory”

perry

[MIPC]

played a mix on it once, it was fun and would definetily be a better custom map than some of the options in the poll

byte

Pld stealth and your bro too tbh :)

GET IT PPL :D

Cheers

Byte

Haunter

New maps are always wellcome, as the comunity is getting tired of badlands/granary 24/7

I will take a look asap :)

daf

yoyotech
Hey dats!

It has my vote!

vlad_drac

xoxo

Definitely like a valve CP map, finally a custom map where you don’t feel depressed when you’re told you’re playing it??

I’m a huge fan of this map too; I’d pick it over any of the current poll choices any day :)

dunc

infs
dp.

Fairly straightforward, bucketloads of potential IMO.

TeoK

dSp\'

Yes, it’s a nice map, add it to the pool !

Ortin

Hey dats!

This has to be by far the best custom map yet

Cake

-gS-

Good map, altho the slow trains are a pain (literally).

Albert

Map is the shit!

shifty

Sir

Really good. Some minor fixes and a finalisation coming and i would say it should be in the map pool.

wer

tfortress.no

should wait til final version is out

wai

TEZC
TEZC

i once ate a caterpillar…

Locked Pages: 1 2 3 Next »