Forum

Force-A-Nature

Created 14th June 2009 @ 21:36

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 48 49 50 ... 64 Next »

sgN^

TKN

Just ban the fan, it’ll be easier when you dont have to choose between the two ><

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

im sure the poll we will renamed and remade, my post was my personal opinion, not a statement as an admin

Edit your post then, to show that this is your personal opinion. And my point is still valid (see last page).

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

To be fairly honest, if a player can’t work out what Limit 0 means, i’m not sure if their vote is entirely educated and worth counting. Numbers on their own give it away, everyone is aware it’s debating whether to ban/limit the FaN, so the option between 2/1/0 isn’t hard to work out.

And regards to a different result on resupply – ETF2L has double the number of votes, probably the ~300 from resupply likely voted in that and if people changed their vote across both polls, then there’s no way you can possibly compare or use them against each other.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

To be fairly honest, if a player can’t work out what Limit 0 means, i’m not sure if their vote is entirely educated and worth counting. Numbers on their own give it away, everyone is aware it’s debating whether to ban/limit the FaN, so the option between 2/1/0 isn’t hard to work out.

There is still a huge discrepancy between to the two polls to be explained. But as I said earlier: you shouldn’t make policy based on polls. The only thing the poll made clear is that there is no general consensus like there was with regards to the sandman. This means the admins have to look at the arguments in favor and against a ban, instead of just relying on public opinion.

And plx change my vote, I voted for limit 1 when I was still playing soldier. As soon as I switch to scout I noticed how much influence it had on 1v1/2v2. Which is the reason I am in favor for a ban, and I know several others are with me on this one. But as usual the only thing you see coming from fan supporters is “l2p” and “LOL POLL”. The only one to even bother to make a decent argument was Racio, and he understands the effects on scout 1v1/2v2.

RaCio

GoT²

There is still a huge discrepancy between to the two polls to be explained. But as I said earlier: you shouldn’t make policy based on polls.

People who dont care about the FaN being allowed are less likely to vote on the resupply poll while anyone who wants to see it banned will vote on it. That probably explains the difference.
That said, I agree with your second point and I think that the polls are not holding any relevant value.

WEAPON POLL: HUNTSMAN
Limit 0 44%

WEAPON POLL: DEAD RINGER
Limit 0 41%

WEAPON POLL: FORCE-A-NATURE
Limit 0 38%

Draw your conclusions :D

eoN^

tbh, it was kinda obvious what limit 0 ment as seen as we play with cl2 and the other option was limit 2, also it was set out with Limit 2, limit 1, limit 0 in decending order.

What would be the point in having “no limit” when you have a class limit of 2…

I think people are making quite a big deal out of it which isnt really required…

Or maybe im just amazingly smart and everyone else is amazingly slow :X :DDD

And in regards to the poll on etf2l, I think limit 0/1/2 confused some people. Resupply.eu poll:
47% in favor of a ban.

that poll is pre-update

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

And in regards to the poll on etf2l, I think limit 0/1/2 confused some people. Resupply.eu poll:
47% in favor of a ban.

that poll is pre-update

Which fixed jackshit.

Rele

Everyone, pls read and understand:

http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

Everyone, pls read and understand:

http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html

Another solid ‘l2p’ argument.

Anathema

Stopped reading after two minutes when I realized where it was going.
Telling people who dislike the fan to l2p… This proves that you’re one of the following things.
– You are a FaN scout, and don’t like the idea of your weapon being banned, even if it is justified.
– You aren’t a scout at all, and therefore don’t see the problem with the weapon.
– You are a scout, but due to some twist of fate have you never been in a 1v1 situation against a FaN player.

The point is that the only people who should be allowed to voice their opinion on this are scouts. The FaN isn’t an issue against any other classes (perhaps medic, but I have no experience with that). The FaN affects the skill ceiling in scout battles dramatically.
A scattergun scout doing 15 damage does 15 damage.
A FaN scout doing 15 damage kills you.

This has all been said before, but I’ve written it again to try and get it through some people’s thick heads.

Rele

Yes, I am a scout, no, I don’t use the FaN, and yes, I have been in 1v1 situations vs players that used it.

And YES, I want the FaN to be allowed. Why doesnt it make sense to you? Just because I dont share your opinion?

Ofc the weapon is annoying and sometimes I would like to smash the people’s heads in for using it against me – but so is the rocket launcher or sticky launcher.

I also wanted it to be banned before but reading the article I linked to changed my opinion and my view on videogames fundamentally. Using the FaN is a valid tactic, even though or maybe even because it is so powerful. There’s no need to ban it though because it is not game breaking at all. Just because noone hasnt found a counter yet doesnt mean there is non.

A ban would be justified if using the FaN infinitely means you win the game, no matter what else you do right or wrong. This is certainly not the case.

Just my .02$

Nyctal

CdC

Yes, I am a scout, no, I don’t use the FaN, and yes, I have been in 1v1 situations vs players that used it.

And YES, I want the FaN to be allowed. Why doesnt it make sense to you? Just because I dont share your opinion?

Ofc the weapon is annoying and sometimes I would like to smash the people’s heads in for using it against me – but so is the rocket launcher or sticky launcher.

I also wanted it to be banned before but reading the article I linked to changed my opinion and my view on videogames fundamentally. Using the FaN is a valid tactic, even though or maybe even because it is so powerful. There’s no need to ban it though because it is not game breaking at all. Just because noone hasnt found a counter yet doesnt mean there is non.

A ban would be justified if using the FaN infinitely means you win the game, no matter what else you do right or wrong. This is certainly not the case.

Just my .02$

nothing else to say just +1

David

Just my .02$

Relentless for president!

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Then why do we put on demo limit 1? Should be a legit tactic according to that article? If you need an article to make up your mind I feel kinda bad for you.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 48 49 50 ... 64 Next »