klu

-[MG]-
MG//

who keeps using fan is working towards a degree in this

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt14/Ka0s337/125147974289.jpg

in the words of a fat man from russia:

WHAAAAAAAAA CRY SOME MOAR!

David

48 pages of complete dribble, let me summarise it for you.

Annoying whiners : AMGZORZ BAN DA FAN IT IZ RUINING OUR GAME!111!!11ONEexclamationpointshift+1

While the FaN supporters give good clever responses. If this is a debate (which many of you are making it seem like, the FaN will not be banned).

Annoying whiners: BUT AMGZORZ I QIT TFTOO IT IZ WELL OVAPAWORED.

Anathema

Try READING.
The “whiners” have valid points.
The FaN is still not fixed. It still stuns you at medium range if it does 15 damage.
The skill ceiling is lowered. All you need to do is get a low damaging near-miss hit on someone and the fight is over. This annoys people because it’s not the opponents’ greater skill that got them killed, it’s their equipment.
And before you tell us to “use the fan too then if its so good”. I’d rather have fun dueling than bore myself to death.

Tom

[Ci]

Annoying whiners : AMGZORZ BAN DA FAN IT IZ RUINING OUR GAME!111!!11ONEexclamationpointshift+1

While the FaN supporters give good clever responses. If this is a debate (which many of you are making it seem like, the FaN will not be banned).

So “l2p” and “just adapt to it” are clever responses?

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

I think it’s fair to say you must have a strong form of illiteracy or have severely reduced vision, as both me and Koeitje have made exceedingly clear posts that raise specific issues regarding the FAN and why we believe it, in its current incarnation, is not an addition for the better.

Next time you post, at least read through the arguments instead of discarding them as whine.

edit: link to a page where you can start reading: http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-3953/page-45/

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Actually the people against it give valid points and the people supporting basically say “l2p”. But yeah, whatever, I guess we just can’t all be blessed with the ability to read.

Vali

-9w-

Another fine example of a good, clever FAN supporter response.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

lol, epic trolling by Dave

xtala

No. With my logic I’m saying that the admins should take notice of the poll and make a decision not based on them. Besides we don’t know who voted it the polls, the majority that plays this game doesn’t have a clue anyways.

Adapt to a weapon that favors bad scouts in scout vs scout fights. With bad I don’t mean div7 can’t hit shit scouts, but scouts that can aim in the general direction of the enemy. Gun stuns, which allows for a free meatshot, disrupts aim, and stops you from trying to escape. By the time you hit the ground again and you want to retreat you get hit again and get stunned and dicked.

Wrong, your previous post was, “Not banned yet?”
That implies that the 61% should infact be ignored according to you.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

No. With my logic I’m saying that the admins should take notice of the poll and make a decision not based on them. Besides we don’t know who voted it the polls, the majority that plays this game doesn’t have a clue anyways.

Adapt to a weapon that favors bad scouts in scout vs scout fights. With bad I don’t mean div7 can’t hit shit scouts, but scouts that can aim in the general direction of the enemy. Gun stuns, which allows for a free meatshot, disrupts aim, and stops you from trying to escape. By the time you hit the ground again and you want to retreat you get hit again and get stunned and dicked.

Wrong, your previous post was, “Not banned yet?”
That implies that the 61% should infact be ignored according to you.

It implies that the admins clearly haven’t looked at the arguments supporting a ban of the fan that were presented in this thread. And a lack of counter arguments from the fan fanboys (which seem to prefer going for personal attacks because they can’t really make a convincing case in favor of the fan).

And in regards to the poll on etf2l, I think limit 0/1/2 confused some people. Resupply.eu poll:
http://resupply.eu/index.php?site=polls&pollID=3
47% in favor of a ban.

Because of the difference in the results of both polls admins shouldn’t look at those (they are both unreliable), but should look at the arguments in favor or against the fan.

And just for the record: I am mainly want to see it banned because of the impact it has on scout 1v1/2v2. As a soldier/demo I have less problems with it (since im usually near a medic). And if they take high ground just approach from 2 sides, but I do think it’s pretty unfair you need two people to stop a fan scout from capping spire. Can’t comment on the effect on medics, all I can say I’ve seen many medics die before they could uber. I do like the extra movement it gives, which comes close to having a rocketjump as scout. Which gives the fan scout an advantage in chasing enemies or retreating to safety (you can snatch the small hp halfway up the spire with a fast jump, or at last point badlands you can jump up to the sides to get the little pack etc). Add this to the fan scouts advantage to scout vs scout and you got a package that I feel is unbalanced. The fan gives the scout several advantages with only minor drawbacks.

KOVACS

BAN IT BECAUSE I SAID SO

toasty.

PHX

Click back to page 1, read the whole thread, then read your post again.

Kop

[CiC]
CiC

Guys this thread is pointless now, we put a vote up to the community and atm limit 1 is clearly ahead and if u add both limit 1 and limit 2 together u get alot more than those that voted for no FaN so i would imagine there will be a 1 fan limit for the upcoming season. There are lots in here arguing thats its shit but alot of ppl dont bother reading these forums, they just do there votes and the FaN is clearly liked by a fairly large amount of the tf2 community(they just dont post here)

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Guys this thread is pointless now, we put a vote up to the community and atm limit 1 is clearly ahead and if u add both limit 1 and limit 2 together u get alot more than those that voted for no FaN so i would imagine there will be a 1 fan limit for the upcoming season. There are lots in here arguing thats its shit but alot of ppl dont bother reading these forums, they just do there votes and the FaN is clearly liked by a fairly large amount of the tf2 community(they just dont post here), some like that decision and some dont but it is what it is and there will be atleast 1 FaN next season

As explained earlier the poll on etf2l holds no true value. Recreate the poll with allow 1 fan, allow 2 fans, ban fan and see what happens. The limit 0/1/2 confused a lot of people. Resupply poll showed 47% in favor of banning the fan. There is a clear discrepancy between the two polls. It clearly shows why polls aren’t always the best way to make policy. If the admins decision is based on this poll it just shows what kind of facade the admin team is, and yes I would have said the same if you decided to ban the fan. Decisions shouldn’t be made on polls that are unreliable.

Kop

[CiC]
CiC

im sure the poll we will renamed and remade, my post was my personal opinion, not a statement as an admin

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 47 48 49 ... 64 Next »