Forum

LAWL NICE TIERS

Created 28th January 2018 @ 02:12

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

TimTum

(ETF2L Donator)
-ƒ$-BLAH

I’m pretty sure most mid/open players now haven’t even played in the old system before. The only teams/players you can ask are from teams like clanda and HerbsArmy.

I’ve only played one season with the old system (HL season 7), and out of our 6 matches we only played 3. And the teams we did play where much better than us. So I still think I would prefer the Swiss system for at least open, but probably mid as well.

The main reason to keep the Swiss system imo, is because you have better matches each week. With the old system you can get very unlucky when many teams drop out. Which means you will only play a few matches in 3-4 months. I played 6s since season 20, and out of all those matches, I only got 4 default wins.

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

Quoted from TimTum

So I still think I would prefer the Swiss system for at least open, but probably mid as well.

The main reason to keep the Swiss system imo, is because you have better matches each week. With the old system you can get very unlucky when many teams drop out. Which means you will only play a few matches in 3-4 months. I played 6s since season 20, and out of all those matches, I only got 4 default wins.

You played 6s season 20 in open, where the number teams that drop makes the Swiss system acceptable. I’m not arguing for divisions in open. I am arguing for divisions in mid due to the low number of teams that have dropped in the past few seasons. If you look at season 28 Mid, the teams placed 20-40 would have had a lot more of a fun, competitive season if the tier was split into random divisions of 8-10. With 7 out of 44 teams folding in mid season 28, teams folding would not have been an issue.

TimTum

(ETF2L Donator)
-ƒ$-BLAH

Quoted from sheepy dog's hand

[…]

You played 6s season 20 in open, where the number teams that drop makes the Swiss system acceptable. I’m not arguing for divisions in open. I am arguing for divisions in mid due to the low number of teams that have dropped in the past few seasons. If you look at season 28 Mid, the teams placed 20-40 would have had a lot more of a fun, competitive season if the tier was split into random divisions of 8-10. With 7 out of 44 teams folding in mid season 28, teams folding would not have been an issue.

I don’t think it would be a bad thing to bring the old system back in mid. I’m not sure if that’s necessary though. It’s more work for the admins because the Swiss System is so much easier. It’s also a lot easier for players to advance to next tiers with the Swiss System. Of course you can skip divs, but I feel like moving up tiers is so much easier.
I think 8-10 divs are a bit too much, you can have:
-prem
-div 1 (like it is now, top high)
-div 2 (high)
-div 3 (low high/top mid)
-div 4 (rest of mid)
– low
– open (fresh meat rules, for new players only)

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from TimTum

[…]

i know.

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

Quoted from TimTum

I don’t think it would be a bad thing to bring the old system back in mid. I’m not sure if that’s necessary though. It’s more work for the admins because the Swiss System is so much easier. It’s also a lot easier for players to advance to next tiers with the Swiss System. Of course you can skip divs, but I feel like moving up tiers is so much easier.
I think 8-10 divs are a bit too much, you can have:
-prem
-div 1 (like it is now, top high)
-div 2 (high)
-div 3 (low high/top mid)
-div 4 (rest of mid)
– low

I understand that it’s a lot more complicated when changing stuff like this for the admins and its not as easy as just making it happen. I’m glad they did it for high because I think it really needed it, it just wasn’t fun for many of the teams playing. I would like to see something similar with mid, low/open should be left at least. Either way admins have done a great job for this season.

Quoted from Kaylus

If you say so Sheepy :)
Admins told me otherwise when I did that thread but It’s quite alright I’m just glad to see the current system

I’m just kidding I have no idea when the admins decided. I talked to bloodis about it a couple of times but that’s about it.

Quoted from Aoshi

So heck off sheepy ;)

Concerned player gives some suggestions and gets appalling abuse from a head admin. Something needs to change. Will be like french revolution but with players from countries that actually win and have respect like Scotland and Finland instead of “aryan master race but loses every race” Germans or the frenchie “5-0d 5-0d in the fastest time possible by Germany (who still lose somehow)”

Last edited by sheepy dog's hand,

>Respect
>Scotland
>whos kings have the highest rate of mortality of non natural causes
>who went on a colonial adventure that failed so hard they are forced to suck english cock and beg to be annexed.
>the only remnant of scottish identity are things that made up in the Victorian era to feel good about living in the worst smogfilled cities with the worst labour conditions in their factories.
>not even wankers but the mongrels that got colonised by wankers.

Last edited by Sacrilege,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2