Forum

ETF2L HL S10 PROMO??!?!???!?!?!?!?

Created 11th March 2016 @ 00:55

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

BAITO

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡9

It is a bit late, but I was just wondering like:
-11days to signup?
-only post about the season is one little post on etf2l less than 2 weeks before the actual season already starts ;_;
-just go look at the rec posts for 9v9 atm, u could make like 20 new teams right now, but there are still so much ppl who don`t know that the season is about to start and teams are not being formed because of that.
-so ye apparently, not many people outside the top of the gamemode got the info that the season is starting, prem is pretty much sorted , but what about other tiers or the actual mappool???!?!?
-The fun cup alone might work ye, but 1 week before than the season already starts? With a schedule this tight, just rushing into the s10. I cannot see many new teams happening.
For the sake of tf2comp, more time or more promo and quick :))

-Maito, the guy making alt accounts to create new teams for open tier))

Fuxx

REMOVE

This has been a recurring problem. Higher level gamers tend to be better informed because they can ask the admins directly but yea there’s more people in the league to think about. It would be nice to see better/more season signup advertisements.

EmilioEstevez

GG

No posts on tf.tv, no posts on thespire.tv, nothing on SPUF, nothing on facepunch and nothing on /r/tf2 or /r/truetf2. How difficult would it be for somebody on the staff to just copy and paste the announcement post to those places?
Or to ask people like Sin to maybe mention it in one of his videos. He has 500k subscribers and already promotes comp tf2 with the frequent frag videos he releases. Comp.tf has 4k youtube subscribers and posts videos promoting other events, Ceejaey has 30k+, Tseini has 4k and there’s a bunch of spy mains who play ETF2L who have silly amounts of subscribers too. I’m sure if you asked them most would be willing to make a video promoting it, or at least mention it in their next video.

Why does ETF2L never bother to promote anything?

Last edited by EmilioEstevez,

Popcorp

They used to promote and even asked Valve to post season announcements in their News section.

But ETF2L is just 2 lazy to send a simple e-mail to Tf2 team, even UGC asks Valve to promote their seasons :)

Won’t be surprised if this season will feature 70 HL teams

Last edited by Popcorp,

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Yeah sure i would share a video if someone made one.
Im pretty sure nislt would share it aswell.
Someone ask if the russian Jack wants to make one? He made one before and it was cool

Spycy

TC.Express

#MakeMorphinePRManagerAgain

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

just join the admin team and do it yourself XDDDDDDDDDDDDD

XDDDDD

edit: actually you probably dont even need to join the admin team to ask any of these people to do a promo video!

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Last edited by Muuki,

Aoshi

(Legend)
:think:
GRAHAM

I’ll look at getting some more promo posted today. The season was originally scheduled to start the 27th but we had to move it up to not run into scheduling problems later into the year.
We do have this discussion thread running in the hope to reach some of the matchmaking fanatics.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tfcompetitive/discussions/0/405693392911127426/
A video would be great but I don’t know how fast somebody could make something like that. However we would highly appreciate if somebody would do the effort to make one!

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

We also posted on facebook/twitter so that would be roughly 4.000 direct subscribers/followers.

Aoshis post he linked above is in the MM group, which has over 110.000 gamers.

I am creating an announcement in etf2l steamgroup as we speak, that would be 4.700 informed people. Also contacted comp.tf to mention us in the Backcap of the week thingy.

So not quite sure what you guys are on about.

The Spire just recently went online. teamfortress.tv is not a very effective way to promote ETF2L HL Season 10. The only way we can do that is a forumpost, which we poabably have to bump everyday because tftv will not support Highlander with a frontpage newspost and most of the people on tftv are either NA players or 6v6 enthusiasts who do not give a damn about HL.

letto

Quoted from DCS

Aoshis post he linked above is in the MM group, which has over 110.000 gamers.

I am creating an announcement in etf2l steamgroup as we speak, that would be 4.700 informed people. Also contacted comp.tf to mention us in the Backcap of the week thingy.

So not quite sure what you guys are on about.

i’m guessing about 2/3 of the people in the etf2l steam group are inactive by now, that group never had any use and wasn’t promoted at all

the post in the mm group will not reach 110000 gamers lol, it’s a discussin and not an anouncement which every member would see
you would actively have to search through discussion in the group and dig through all the shit f2ps keep posting there to find your topic

i know what they’re talking about. I’m not that big of a hl fan as well but i want this scene to succeed and hl speaks to a spectre of the playerbase and as the biggest league for it in europe you better promote that shit

DyaWyb

(ETF2L Donator)
Let it rip

How about all of us, the players. Promote the leaque now in all of our social medias : whatsapp, twitter, periscope, facebook, youtube, instagram, reddit, 9gag etc etc and do the effort of showing that HL season 10 is starting? We can help the admins also not just bitch on forums. Sounds cool? Do it!

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

I’d be more supporting of Maito if he didn’t write like an 11 year old girl texting.

BAITO

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡9

Thanks hildoge, and also sorry for reminding u about ur ex girlfriend.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

In the time you have spent submitting research materials for child psychiatrists Maito, I actually made a post on Reddit and Aoshi posted to TF.TV.

https://www.reddit.com/r/truetf2/comments/49z7ya/etf2l_highlander_season_10_signups_open/

BAITO

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡9

Great! This is why this post was originally made, to get more promo :-) Some banter is always a big part of these forums tho.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »