Forum

How does one get recruited?

Created 4th February 2016 @ 11:36

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

haris

FLANK

Quoted from zombie

I don’t want to look mean or something but 500 hours is not even close enough to play in competetive. Even Ugc iron. It took me 3500 hours played to realize that it’s time to upgrade my skill level and get into serious stuff like competetive. So here’s my conclusion: get 1k at least then ask yourself twice if you are ready for it.

absolute bullshit. I started at 500 hours and 400 of them were dustbowl and cp_orange pubs. ye i might have been shit at the time but the speed you get better at the game is absolutely worth it. make a team with a group of friends for your first season. get a feel for the competitive play and your class chosen. then next season take a look at more serious teams etc.

Menty

Nein

Quoted from Sacrilege

[…] BS i’m 11k

I just wanna catch up to your hours :(

Last edited by Menty,

zombie

Quoted from profix

[…]

If you use the time to improve (e.g. play DM or pickups, etc.) then that time matters. If you jerk off on a pub for thousands of hours nobody should care.

edit: should have read useless’ response properly

No shit, obviously if you spend your hours on some trade plazas or saxton hales you wont get better. Of course i meant you should prepare yourself and play more mge and tf2center so you wont be that guy who was wished cancer cos he was a faggot what caused your team’s failure.

Last edited by zombie,

mole

Quoted from zombie

[…]
No shit, obviously if you spend your hours on some trade plazas or saxton hales you wont get better. Of course i meant you should prepare yourself and play more mge and tf2center so you wont be that guy who was wished cancer cos he was a faggot what caused your team’s failure.

You were still talking out of your ass in your first post. You could probably do decently in iron with 200 hours, as long as you spent those hours in an efficient way. With 1000 hours you could probably theoretically be top high. It’s just stupid to think hours and skill have a strong correlation.

Goreston

A lot of decent advice in this thread already, but have you tried forming your own team? Most Open/Iron teams are just groups of friends. See if any of your friends want to play, and if that doesn’t give you enough players, see if any of their friends want to play.

zombie

Quoted from mole

[…]

You were still talking out of your ass in your first post. You could probably do decently in iron with 200 hours, as long as you spent those hours in an efficient way. With 1000 hours you could probably theoretically be top high. It’s just stupid to think hours and skill have a strong correlation.

“could probably”, “theoretically” < Nobody needs your theories. Were you playing in iron when you had like 200 hours? Hell no. You can't even learn game mechanics nor it's physics (source) in that spare of time cos tf2 has it's own specifics like rocket jumping, backstabbing and airblasting and so on. It's not a COD or cs go where you only shoot at people's heads and share infos. Tf2 is an unique shooter almost one of it's kind and it has to be played a lot. And a normal person would start playing it from pubs. Don't you fucking come with 200 hours shit please.

You make tf2 and comp sound harder than it is.

zombie

Quoted from Goreston

A lot of decent advice in this thread already, but have you tried forming your own team? Most Open/Iron teams are just groups of friends. See if any of your friends want to play, and if that doesn’t give you enough players, see if any of their friends want to play.

I think you are right. I was a bit frustrated when he said that he is up for already created team. I was worried he might be fucked up for not having a good experience. So yes, he should make his own team with his friends. That’s the single reason why i mentioned 1k hours.

zombie

Quoted from Tomu

You make tf2 and comp sound harder than it is.

I’m sorry if this sounded like that. Competitive is not hard, it’s a community problem. Most of players don’t welcome newbies and they will try their best on insulting newcomers so they wont come again.

Hot

How to turn a “how to get recruited ” thread into a “hours matters or not”one, really really helpfull guys thanks. Also zombie, why would u give advices that arent working for you? i mean in one and a falh year here u havent played much official games, maybe u should pay more attention to what others says and talk less. Just my opinion tho.

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

http://www.goarmy.com/learn/apply.html

mole

Quoted from zombie

[…]
“could probably”, “theoretically” < Nobody needs your theories. Were you playing in iron when you had like 200 hours? Hell no. You can't even learn game mechanics nor it's physics (source) in that spare of time cos tf2 has it's own specifics like rocket jumping, backstabbing and airblasting and so on. It's not a COD or cs go where you only shoot at people's heads and share infos. Tf2 is an unique shooter almost one of it's kind and it has to be played a lot. And a normal person would start playing it from pubs. Don't you fucking come with 200 hours shit please.

What you are saying in terms of hours needed is three times as retarded as what I’m saying. I’ll change my statement, you CAN play in iron with 200 hours and you CAN play high with 1000.

Most people aren’t as bad as you, they don’t need 3500 hours to play comp. It takes them far less time to pick up the game and understand the mechanics and fundamentals of the game.

Last edited by mole,

tim.

Quoted from zombie

[…]

I started comp at HL iron with 300 hours and no idea what comp tf2 actually is. I was lucky enough i got in a cool team which gave me directions and basically told me where to put my sentry as i was trialing. Ended up winning the whole thing and a few seasons afterwards. I guess that is largely due to myself liking a niche class tho.

repu

hours don’t mean shit. for example, you could compare fanva to me.

he has about 1500 hours, while i am at around 3000.
we’ve played the same amount of matches, though he has played at a far higher level than me, during a longer period than i was even close to.

nukkye, dennia, thalash, zappis are examples of scouts with about the same hours played as me that still beat me by far. they’re probably generally better than me at the game.

it comes down to you as a player and/or person.

WRU

lol @ that guy thinkin you can’t play competitive with 500 hrs, I played my first 6s lobby when I had 146 hrs and when I had 700 I already lost my 1st season in d6
guess youre delaying it for too long having 4.2k hrs and 0 officials played, try and find urself a team instead of sayin sometin you have few knowledge about

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »