Forum

How swiss system medals would be look like?

Created 5th December 2015 @ 06:43

Locked Pages: 1

zombie

I was expecting a new skin for them since they were created when old div formats were removed. I could not find anything about them in here yet.
I mean for new seasons: S8 highlander, seasons 20-21 6v6. Also heard that playoffs medals are kinda special. I want to know how they look like.

Last edited by zombie,

potte

medals ? etf2l?

GH0T1

♣Lesk

4Head EleGiggle

Popcorp

Dont think about it, we are never getting our medals because admins dont care anymore. Excuse is that they cant figure distribution method or sth for swiss system, yet UGC does a much better job at it, and they are using swiss systen too.

Rip medals, the only thing that non prem teams can actually receive. And no, medals are the same, they were added back in April.

Pete_

PrettyGay

honestly though, can you fucking hand them out already? dont even have my season 20 medal yet

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Quoted from zombie

I was expecting a new skin for them since they were created when old div formats were removed. I could not find anything about them in here yet.
I mean for new seasons: S8 highlander, seasons 20-21 6v6. Also heard that playoffs medals are kinda special. I want to know how they look like.

http://i.imgur.com/yvTKTdp.jpg
Playoff medals are the ones with a star on them, reused the older division winner medal so you get the same looking medal as if you had won your group in division 3 or 5, but instead gotten to playoffs in Mid or Open.

Quoted from Popcorp

Dont think about it, we are never getting our medals because admins dont care anymore. Excuse is that they cant figure distribution method or sth for swiss system, yet UGC does a much better job at it, and they are using swiss systen too.

Just wanting to clear up couple facts here, even if UGC does also use Swiss System, they have been using it for years now, we just recently switched to it in this year and that’s a big difference there. UGC also had used round robin as well for NA Platinum in this year but that’s only one division so they could easily distribute the medals to anybody by giving each individual medal to a specific player which wouldn’t require the same automation as any other division there should have, which instead gives every rostered player a medal from a press of a button.

We have a really small number of people in the admin team who can even work on the medal distribution for us, and the code for it is said to be so messy that I honestly believe nobody of you even wants to touch into it except for who made it in the first place. It worked for years before but needs to be simply redone for now.

NeuTronas

Just give medals to everyone who played at least one official, problem solved.

Last edited by NeuTronas,

Doom

1 year is a lot of time.

unu

Quoted from NeuTronas

Just give medals to everyone who played at least one official, problem solved.

and Raptor should get a mid winner medal since he played 6 games for us :D

zombie

Well, this is ok, i respect all etf2l admins, they are doing their best and they do it for a long time. Just have to wait, but i hope they will get this system right so we shall get our medals before 2016 comes.

san alex

If you are looking for a nerd able to read the code and distribute medals for free, you will probably find him 10 minutes after posting an announcement in the main page.

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Quoted from san alex

If you are looking for a nerd able to read the code and distribute medals for free, you will probably find him 10 minutes after posting an announcement in the main page.

Good thought, except that we aren’t looking for someone only specifically to recode the medal distribution for us, general coders are always free to apply for ETF2L if they wish to do so.

Locking this topic as well since there’s nothing else to say until we manage to fix the medal system, and the main question in opening post was answered.

Locked Pages: 1