Forum

Odd number of teams in High and Mid

Created 5th June 2015 @ 11:23

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

I’m just curious how the match making will sort out next weeks games as there are odd numbers of teams in both High and Mid. Normally a Swiss system hands out a bye in this situation.

NeuTronas

One team just gets free 6 points.

Tenshi

It’s eventually gonna even itself out when more teams start dropping. Maybe.

spammyh

brew

It’s alright, one team will recieve default win, since they got no enemies for this week.
My team had exactly the same thing back in week 1.

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from spammyh

It’s alright, one team will recieve default win, since they got no enemies for this week.
My team had exactly the same thing back in week 1.

Thank you.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

It’s always the team in the middle of the table, unless that team has already received a bye and then it’s allocated to the team below.

quintosh

wL.

what if the team below that team has also had a bye week? will tf2 die?

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from quintosh

dIER…

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from quintosh

team above the middle team
then 2 below the middle team
then 2 above the middle team

etc

Deox

wL.
wL.

Quoted from Permzilla

It’s always the team in the middle of the table, unless that team has already received a bye and then it’s allocated to the team below.

Can you explain to me why it’s the team in the middle? I mean i’m probably missing something obvious here, but last season I saw a team make it to playoffs WITH the bye. To me it seems that the very few weeks and limited playoff spots don’t seem to favour giving to the team in the middle. Instead of giving it to the very bottom team.

Last edited by Deox,

ash

(Legend)
:D

A team placed in the very mid is least likely to make it to playoffs/delegation/promotion spots on either end of the tier’s table.

Last edited by ash,

wouldn’t their SB score be affected by this in case they run into tiebreakers? Kappa

RTC

Quoted from ash

A team placed in the very mid is least likely to make it to playoffs/delegation/promotion spots on either end of the tier’s table.

Would default points be factored into whether a team makes it into the playoffs or not? If so, that’s a bit of a slap in the face to the teams who had to play all seven matches and who have a similar W/L record.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from RTC

[…]

Would default points be factored into whether a team makes it into the playoffs or not? If so, that’s a bit of a slap in the face to the teams who had to play all seven matches and who have a similar W/L record.

That’s an inherent drawback of the Swiss system. If there is an uneven amount of opponents you have to give a team a bye. There is no elegant way to handle the bye in this situation.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Default wins produce the same problem, which is exacerbated by each fixture being a rather large 1/7th your total.

Add A Reply Pages: 1