Forum

Playoff Date

Created 17th March 2015 @ 16:31

Add A Reply Pages: 1

TaylorSwiftFan100

BB

Hello,

just wanna adress something.
i know the schedule with the 6s seasons and crap is very tight to fit everything in every year. but the playoff time seems very poorly chosen to me.
At least for me in austria and most the germans who still go to school (even tho i dont know if it’s all of germany or whatever, you guys have weird holydays), it’s exactly the 1 week of easter holyday (+2 days in austria). i don’t know about other countries/teams but in the case of our team it leaves at max. 4/6 players on any given day and i can’t imagine we’re the only team with problems in that timeframe.
This is all under the assumption we even make it in, which im not sure if its certain yet, but it would still be pretty shit to play a season just to forfeit playoffs cause im on holydays, in the holydays.

/mad rant

also inb4 mad bona comment about shit sollys or sth totally unrelated

Last edited by TaylorSwiftFan100,

Bona

PMW

tl;dr im mad and you guys should be too!

TaylorSwiftFan100

BB

that’s exactly what i wanted to avoid.
yes off course i dont find it very cool that we might not be able to finish the season properly but i honestly think it’s a bad timeframe. if no one else has a problem with it fine then we’re unlucky but maybe theres more people feeling like me.

Raziell

vg
Soup!

I’d have to agree, the timing is a little unlucky. I can’t imagine this is the only case where a team has to forfeit the playoffs because (more than) half the team is gone. No surprise that there will always be scheduling problems for people and it isn’t easy to make a schedule where every single team can play.

Is there a better time you suggest, Basti?

Bona

PMW

say hi to your grandmother for me on easter basti :-D

16:44 – Popcorp: you should say “Welcome to swiss system”
16:44 – Popcorp: on my behalf

TaylorSwiftFan100

BB

it has nothing to do with the swiss system tho. it’s not the main season. yes you can’t use wildcards in the season because you’re dependending on every team playing their match to make the next fixtures, but the playoffs are a completely seperate “tournament”. if you delay the whole playoffs by one week just to not place it exactly in the holydays it doesn’t effect any other matches. i don’t know maybe that would be shit in some other countries that’s why i said i can only speak for my team but i would like to know other peoples opinions.

ducky

Playoff dates have been released together with the S20 announcement so it’s not like people got caught off guard mid-season.

If a team can’t (or doesn’t want to) play during that timeframe then they shouldn’t have signed up for the season. It’s as easy as that.

TaylorSwiftFan100

BB

that it was announced long before still doesn’t change the fact that it’s exactly in the 1 week of holydays and if more teams have a problem with it it’s not like it would kill you to change it

sidestep

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

deal with it

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

i dont get the problem with it being in the holidays, here in england it was half-term (1 week break from school) a couple of weeks ago mid-season. It will be easter holidays (2 week break from school) in a couple of weeks time (during HLS8)

maybe its just a german thing i dont know about but i really dont think its a problem

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

vote for FPÖ maybe they change the dates for holidays

Joshi

:D

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

If you put the playoffs one week, someone else will complain of having exams that week, whilst if you put the playoffs the week before, someone else will complain about exams.

The lesson here is you can’t please everyone, like Perm said they put a lot of effort to make it Half Term in England, at the very least.

Add A Reply Pages: 1