Forum

buffalo steak sandwich in S19

Created 6th September 2014 @ 02:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Hildreth

Shouldn’t ban it, if you can’t find a use for this weapon on a Valve server it’s going to be about as useful as the Dalakoh’s Bar or some of the dumb melee weapons in the game.

You might as well allow them, I’d like to see new uses for weapons and classes in our otherwise fairly stale gamemode.

We have to stop banning weapons that allow classes to have more impact outside the core classes, 6v6 is some inbred bastard child of a gamemode created by people based on unlocks of nearly 7 years ago, why we aren’t allowing as much as possible (beyond the ridiculous like the Gunslinger) is beyond me.

Getting to middle faster with a Heavy might make things more interesting to play against. It certainly doesn’t make full time heavy viable either way.

I agree we should allow as many unlocks as possible but I would still place the steak in the “too OP to allow” category. Straight upgrade from the shotgun and you get to mid fast and have an instant medpack. It’s not interesting, it’s not fun, it’s just dumbing down the game since the heavy skill ceiling is significantly lower compared to the other classes. We already tested the GRU in an experimental cup and it was fucking ridiculous because of how fast you could get to mid, it was not fun to play with, and I’m sure it’s even less fun to play against.

Last edited by ondkaja,

CHERRY

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

I agree we should allow as many unlocks as possible but I would still place the steak in the “too OP to allow” category. Straight upgrade from the shotgun and you get to mid fast and have an instant medpack. It’s not interesting, it’s not fun, it’s just dumbing down the game since the heavy skill ceiling is significantly lower compared to the other classes. We already tested the GRU in an experimental cup and it was fucking ridiculous because of how fast you could get to mid, it was not fun to play with, and I’m sure it’s even less fun to play against.

Can you cancel it’s effect? I can imagine all classes will be there in 15 seconds and I can imagine Heavy wouldn’t want to get out on the mid with the melee.

hr

Quoted from Hildreth

We have to stop banning weapons that allow classes to have more impact outside the core classes

nah

Bulow

GG

I am looking forward to seeing how the new unlocks change the game. Thank you Permzilla and other admins who are trying to make 6v6 interesting.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from CHERRY

[…]
Can you cancel it’s effect? I can imagine all classes will be there in 15 seconds and I can imagine Heavy wouldn’t want to get out on the mid with the melee.

If you eat it in spawn the effect will wear off when you come to mid.

ducky

Quoted from Permzilla

i wouldnt get too used to it

take a hint guys…

Freakie

KOLAR
.awkward

Quoted from CHERRY

[…]

Nopskidopski. It’s really just one big yolo item. Well, I think resupplying cancels it, but otherwise there’s no way to end it prematurely.

Quoted from ducky

[…]

take a hint guys…

Doesn’t mean they can’t discuss it.

Last edited by Freakie,

ash

(Legend)
:D

Doesn’t mean they can’t discuss it.

B-b-b-but … this is ETF2L. Do we not quench all discussion instantly?

Freakie

KOLAR
.awkward

Quoted from ash

[…]

B-b-b-but … this is ETF2L. Do we not quench all discussion instantly?

Welcome to the Democratic People’s Republic of Permzimbabwe.

kalhó

MM
Nave

Quoted from Starkie

[…]
thats not a good argument

The argument for the direct hit would be the same as a bunch of other unlocks (market gardener, ambassador, etc). Its not better than the stock and its hard to master.

Also if everyone’s fun is being ruined because someone is trolling with it you should blame it on the player not the weapon. The same could happen in so many different situations. For example if a bad player decides to play sniper or pyro the whole map it can also ruin everyone elses fun.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

You can allow weapons which improve the viability of non-core classes, but allowing weapons which potentially slow the game down (GRU, Scottish Resistance, Disciplinary Action) is something we want to avoid.

So like I said, don’t get used to it

dAGNER

duplo

Quoted from Permzilla

So like I said, don’t get used to it

read as “tried to troll people by adding worthless weapons without knowing that the steak was buffed and now I have egg on my face”

Edit: Guess it’s always been this way so I’m the one with egg on my face
rofl

Last edited by dAGNER,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from dAGNER

[…]

read as “tried to troll people by adding worthless weapons without knowing that the steak was buffed and now I have egg on my face”

Edit: Guess it’s always been this way so I’m the one with egg on my face
rofl

We announce the unlocks as early as possible so there is time to remove unlocks which may have been a mistake (usually either abusable or generally disliked), this will be one of those times. If you want me to admit that it was a mistake, then sure. It was a mistake and we didn’t look into it as much as we should have done.

PS. although this hasn’t officially been announced, the whitelist found in the configs page has already been updated to reflect the change.

And if anyone wants to know the reasons behind the ‘re-ban’, it’s because it would promote heavy to mid which is generally not fun and slows the pace of the game down. The med-pack it provides would also promote a pocket-heavy outside of mid which also slows down the pace of the game and doesn’t encourage teams to push.

unu

Dammit I wanted to run perma-heavy :(

dAGNER

duplo

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

drunken shitposting
apologies to you and whoever decides the unlocks

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »