Forum

Will the mod which reverts the balance changes from Love and War be used?

Created 19th June 2014 @ 17:14

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »

Freddy

lel guiz demonman was obvisly overpowrd, cry sum moar pl0x XDDDDD u can just learn to of aiming ur pipes :D :D :PPpPPp

Quoted from jakeowaty

-Gibberish-

ITT person who doesn’t play 6s forecasts that the new update is gonna kill it.

This is a bit like those homeless people and their “The end is near” Signs

w3doe

Quoted from Solid

[…]

ITT person who doesn’t play 6s forecasts that the new update is gonna kill it.

This is a bit like those homeless people and their “The end is near” Signs

hobos dont have extremaly logical and understandable explanations to the problem

Linus

[d¿s]

if dog wear hat why problem

ash

(Legend)
:D

So, initially, I hated this update. I was outright mad and grew more mad with every person who talked to me about it. Fellow admins, team mates, friends, …

I then played a pug2 game, and it was godawful. I got quite literally stomped by nadir, mainly due to me being bad: http://logs.tf/326606 Damn, 160dpm, that’s like my first match as demo ever. Probably even a bit worse.

I was still mad, but not mad at the update anymore, but at myself. Look at nadir: He did ~10k. That’s down to two things: Me being bad. And secondly, and much more importantly: He fucking adapted!

So, in scrims last night I tried to adapt myself. Play more around sticky traps. Ignore my own combo, stay out of ubers, focus more on flank plays and sticky traps/carpets… Right I lied, I mostly jumped around like a madman and tried to pipe things. In the end; I did like 8k dmg on average, without actually playing intelligently. Some demos outdmg’d me, some didn’t.

My point is: If you play with what you got in an intelligent way, you’ll completely change the way you play demo. But: You’ll still play demo with sweet airpipes and super gay traps, and you still can get your 10k dmg as proof of your manliness. Your sollies will just have an easier time being up top there with you.

Man up!

Kissakala

MUUQ
bad

Quoted from jakeowaty

Wall o’ text.

I can agree with pretty much everything said here.
And here: http://sizzlingstats.com/stats/233397

Quoted from w3doe

[…]

hobos dont have extremaly logical and understandable explanations to the problem

Good thing he didn’t have that either then.

w3doe

Quoted from Solid

[…]

Good thing he didn’t have that either then.

he made a wall of text regarding the problem. That is just a subjective opinion that i and, as seen, more people agree on. All you are doing is being a prick and mocking his opinion just because this wont be a problem to You.

Quoted from w3doe

[…]

he made a wall of text regarding the problem. That is just a subjective opinion that i and, as seen, more people agree on. All you are doing is being a prick and mocking his opinion just because this wont be a problem to You.

I’ll give you a wall of text as a response once I get home, don’t you worry

BitComet

Corner
GRAHAM

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

Imo this is a good concept with a poor execution. Too harsh a damage nerf.

I think the ramp-up time should be decreased as a perfectly accurate sticky will not have time to do full damage before any class in the game can step completely off of it.

Other option would be to increase blast radius so denying tight areas would be more viable but this means defending yourself in close quarters situations with stickies will splash damage you in the process. (Not much since you will det almost instantly but the enemy will not take much damage either.)

I welcome this update (B.A.S.E Jumper is amazingly fun) but
Valve nerfed stickies idiotically: http://puu.sh/9ApSK/73033f2f76.png

Last edited by BitComet,

http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/114 – more accurate than ever before.

w3doe

Quoted from Solid

[…]
I’ll give you a wall of text as a response once I get home, don’t you worry

please. No really, i do wanna hear the other side as i kind of support it too.

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from ash

words

Wrangled Sentry says hello.

Not 6v6 related obviously, but it is disastrous for both public servers and Highlander.

But hey “just use pipes” :^)

Last edited by Fuxx,

olBaa

Quoted from Fuxx

[…]

Wrangled Sentry says hello.
Not 6v6 related obviously, but it is disastrous for both public servers and Highlander.

As Engineer is such a hard class to kill

jx53

Quoted from ash

So, initially, I hated this update. I was outright mad and grew more mad with every person who talked to me about it. Fellow admins, team mates, friends, …

I then played a pug2 game, and it was godawful. I got quite literally stomped by nadir, mainly due to me being bad: http://logs.tf/326606 Damn, 160dpm, that’s like my first match as demo ever. Probably even a bit worse.

I was still mad, but not mad at the update anymore, but at myself. Look at nadir: He did ~10k. That’s down to two things: Me being bad. And secondly, and much more importantly: He fucking adapted!

So, in scrims last night I tried to adapt myself. Play more around sticky traps. Ignore my own combo, stay out of ubers, focus more on flank plays and sticky traps/carpets… Right I lied, I mostly jumped around like a madman and tried to pipe things. In the end; I did like 8k dmg on average, without actually playing intelligently. Some demos outdmg’d me, some didn’t.

My point is: If you play with what you got in an intelligent way, you’ll completely change the way you play demo. But: You’ll still play demo with sweet airpipes and super gay traps, and you still can get your 10k dmg as proof of your manliness. Your sollies will just have an easier time being up top there with you.

Man up!

This. An unnamed person went 12k damage and 400 dpm yesterday. If you are a good demo then you will wreck with or without the nerf.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »