Forum

Will the mod which reverts the balance changes from Love and War be used?

Created 19th June 2014 @ 17:14

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »

Quoted from Tenshi

Good job, ETF2L admins, for contributing to the death of TF2.

And that’s why you only play div 4 :]

Last edited by Solid,

Tenshi

Quoted from Solid

[…]

Ah. You think you’re so great? Because you’re in Div 1? How about you go f*ck yourself?

Quoted from Tenshi

[…]
Ah. You think you’re so great? Because you’re in Div 1? How about you go f*ck yourself?

wow rude. Someone got shocked when his mainclass got a little bit nerfed.

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

i think we have to adapt to the situation instead of making a mod that separates comp from pub even more. Using the PRIMARY WEAPON aka Pipes more is not that bad it rewards good aim. Mids are harder now but you can still deny area with sticky carpets/traps. The biggest problem for me is the lack of ammo on pipes and some maps not having enough ammo.

http://logs.tf/326880

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Tenshi

Good job, ETF2L admins, for contributing to the death of TF2.

haha, good one

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Solid

[…]

Players above your div have the same opinion you shitter :^)

Last edited by Scissors,

BenBazinga

Garlic.tf

Quoted from emb

A mod that alters gameplay would have to be used in all ETF2L matches or none of them.

And since this “mod” (the cvar “tftrue_sticky_fulldamage”) was used in the past 5 weeks of the season, it has to be used in the next few weeks, too. Make it the responsibility of the teams to have it ENABLED. If both teams forget to enable it, it’s bad on their part and you don’t punish either of the teams. However, if one of the teams wants it to be enabled, make that team post a screenshot of them asking the enemy team leader about enabling it BEFORE THE MATCH. If the match is played without the cvar enabled even though one team wanted it enabled, the team can contact an admin and get a def win.

Make this season as consistent as possible, I’m not saying we should keep using the cvar in s19, but don’t make BIG changes mid-season.

Last edited by BenBazinga,

Sabesaroo

11/9
COGU

Quoted from emb

A mod that alters gameplay would have to be used in all ETF2L matches or none of them.

Seeing how we cannot enforce the usage of such mod in all matches (nor do we want to – but that’s a different story), using any mod that alters game balance is illegal in ETF2L regardless of whether both teams agree.

How come the ETF2L configs work then? Am I missing something?

BenBazinga

Garlic.tf

Quoted from Sabesaroo

[…]

I suppose there’s still some servers which don’t run tftrue, for some strange reason. The CVAR for full sticky damage needs tftrue.

Quoted from Scissors

Players above your div have the same opinion you shitter :^)

Quoted from smziii

OMG CHANGE IN TF2 PLEASE DONT OH NO KEEP STATUS QUO

just adapt and use the situation to try new possibilities with different classes etc

:^)

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from Sabesaroo

[…]

Yes.

Raptor

BTWFC
S-O

Oh noo, now the demoman cant just spam stickies anymore, he needs to aim his pipes now, what a horrible change #RipTF2

AnimaL

Quoted from Sabesaroo

[…]

etf2l configs can be enforced, tftrue cannot as its not made by etf2l

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from Sabesaroo

[…]

I’m sure he’s just unaware of how the server side of tf2 works.
ETF2L runs several configs. the etf2l.cfg is the base config, it locks down stuff like sv_cheats, sets the network min and max, tournament mode etc.. Anything that changes the balance of the game.

One level higher, and you’ll head to etf2l_6v6 configs. These set the class limits and invokes etf2l.cfg

The highest level will be for the game mode, like etf2l_6v6_5cp, which sets the score and time limit.

The reason why we do that is to create fairness for teams (game only starts after executing the etf2l config).
We know this because EVERY MATCH SERVER has the etf2l config installed.

But there are some helpful tools like sourcemod and tftrue to set different settings, with sourcemod you can get a plugin where every player has to ready up individually. With TFTRUE you can set a higher FoV or now, the sticky launcher damage.

The problem with forcing teams to use these external programs, is that it creates more problems than you’re actually trying to solve. be it the security risk of allowing unknown programs, or even that other servers might not offer support to install it, up to the plugin not working and not being updated mid-season.

When that happens, you have one match with the plugin, and the other isn’t. While the league (for good reasons) tries to keep the matches as balanced as it can be. Letting teams dictate if they can use a plugin or not will create match pages longer than IAG vs st. (just look at the openplugin aftermath topics), they were horrible. Teams couldn’t agree or couldn’t agree on time.

So, choosing a middle ground isn’t the best option for ETF2L. It’s either playing without the plugin, or the plugin is mandatory.

I hope you can see why we’re rather negative about suggestions like this.

Last edited by kKaltUu,

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Solid

[…]

[…]

I forgot smzii was the ambassador of all prem players

come to LAN and be cheeky to my face I dare you german kiddo lets do this

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »