Forum

Will the mod which reverts the balance changes from Love and War be used?

Created 19th June 2014 @ 17:14

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »

Sabesaroo

11/9
COGU

The game is just less fun for a lot of people now. It was fine before. Someone on /r/truetf2 is working on a mod to revert the changes to Demoman and Heavy, and possibly Pyro and Engie. If this does come out, will it be used in ETF2L or not?

Vaskie

BulletClub

I really hope not, and permzilla already said he would be agains’t such a mod.

Sabesaroo

11/9
COGU

Quoted from Vaskie

I really hope not, and permzilla already said he would be agains’t such a mod.

Time to join UGC then.

Apparentally one of the admins was talking to the mod creator, hopefully it will go through.

Hot

yes pls start trollin ugc forums.

ondkaja

IKEA

Is it possible to use the pre-halloween update for playing? If so, we should play the old version until i52, at which point we can decide if we’re going to use the new gameplay changes or keep the old ones

nvm

Last edited by Peign slays dragons,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Sabesaroo

[…]

Time to join UGC then.

Apparentally one of the admins was talking to the mod creator, hopefully it will go through.

From an ETF2L perspective I would love to see UGC use this mod, would benefit us quite significantly.

edit: I meant in future seasons.

Last edited by Permzilla,

I don’t think people fully realize what it would take to maintain such a mod. Would every server require it for officials? Would it break between updates and require constant patching? If it would “balance” other things than stickies, who can be trusted to determine what to balance in a fair manner? Do you have to switch playstyles between servers that doesnt have it? All i’m saying is that it’s a lot of effort and it can quickly turn into a clusterfuck. We are mid season now so personally ( as a player, i have no say in this ) i think it’s probably best for people to fully test the new changes for weeks to come. Wouldn’t be the first time people overreacted on an update at day 1 of it’s release.

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

it would make sense to use it until the end of the season if it’s made in time

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

From an ETF2L perspective I would love to see UGC use this mod, would benefit us quite significantly.

To be fair, banning unlocks is I suppose a form of “mod”. When Valve crosses the line, competitive says “no” and changes the game in their vision. Why would this be an exception?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=272867255

:/

Un amour de Swann

Quoted from Lazybear

I don’t think people fully realize what it would take to maintain such a mod. Would every server require it for officials? Would it break between updates and require constant patching? If it would “balance” other things than stickies, who can be trusted to determine what to balance in a fair manner? Do you have to switch playstyles between servers that doesnt have it? All i’m saying is that it’s a lot of effort and it can quickly turn into a clusterfuck. We are mid season now so personally ( as a player, i have no say in this ) i think it’s probably best for people to fully test the new changes for weeks to come. Wouldn’t be the first time people overreacted on an update at day 1 of it’s release.

We had a “competitive mod” for the competitive Age of Empires 3 community, back in the days. The mod was administered by a board of expert players.

Two observations:
1) There was constant drama between experts with regard to which changes exactly would constitute a truly balanced game
2) Opinions on the mod differed, so that, in the end, the mod divided the community in two groups and accelerated the death of an already dying Age of Empires 3 comp community

Last edited by Un amour de Swann,

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

A mod that alters gameplay would have to be used in all ETF2L matches or none of them.

Seeing how we cannot enforce the usage of such mod in all matches (nor do we want to – but that’s a different story), using any mod that alters game balance is illegal in ETF2L regardless of whether both teams agree.

ondkaja

IKEA

sigh

edit: pretty sure you can see which plug-in is being used in the status screen shot

Last edited by ondkaja,

alba

duplo

rip

Tenshi

Good job, ETF2L admins, for contributing to the death of TF2.

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »