Forum

ETF2L - UGC Division Comparison

Created 4th April 2014 @ 17:07

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Hidi

I’m much more familiar with UGC since I’ve played there for two-and-a-half seasons and led a team in that time, but I’m considering becoming more active in ETF2L.

My main question was, what is a good comparision in skillsets between the UGC and ETF2L divisions?

UGC Divisions: Platnium, Gold, Silver, Steel, and Iron.
Iron and Steel have subsets (Red/Blue) when there are a lot of teams.

ETF2L Divisions: Premiere, and Divisions 1 through 6.
Subsets per every eight teams in a divisions.

I’ll make the assumption that Div 6 is for those new to competitive (The purpose of Iron), and 5-3 is everything from there into Silver/Gold.

What are your thoughts?

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

UGC EU Platinum is everything between Prem and div6 now days, which is why many teams don’t partake in it or don’t take it serious.
If they would put a skill requirement on platinum, maybe it would become interesting again. And since Etf2l is repeating the same map pool, there should be some interest in UGC.

#UGC PLASTIC http://youtu.be/U0pf2_Urauo?t=7m http://youtu.be/U0pf2_Urauo?t=14m37s

Last edited by Toba,

SabaSaba

[hePPa]

6vs6 or HL?

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Hidi

Subsets per every eight teams in a divisions.

Those are meaningless and random. The only reason they exist is so the seasons last 6 weeks instead of 400.

Oxy

TC.Express

Plat – Prem to Div 2 (though mostly at the lower end of that, only 3 prem teams for example)
Gold – Div 3
Silver – Div 4
Steel – Div 5/6
Iron – Very low Div 6

Carlos Kaiser

EU Plat = Prem-Div2
EU Gold = Div2-Div4
EU Silver = Div4-Div5
EU Steel = Div4-Div6
EU Iron = Div6

But NA Plat is much stronger than EU Plat, since most of the higher level teams in Europe don’t play UGC. Well then, now for comparing ETF2L and NA UGC we can hypothetically assume that EU and NA are equal in terms of skill, so we have the following percentage of teams in each division:
NA Plat = 4% of teams in NA UGC, NA Gold = 9%, NA Silver = 24%, NA Steel = 38%, NA Iron = 25%
EU Prem = 7% of teams in ETF2L, EU d1 = 7%, EU d2 = 7%, EU d3 = 7%, EU d4 = 20%, EU d5 = 20%, EU d6 = 33%

So we would have:
NA Plat = Prem
NA Gold = Prem – Div 1
NA Silver = Div 2 – Div 4
NA Steel = Div 4 – Div 6
NA Iron = Div 6

Again, that’s assuming the Best NA team = Best EU team, Worst NA team = Worst EU team and Median NA team = Median EU team, and pings don’t put you at a disadvantage as well. Also keep in mind Americans have more teams than Europeans, which is a huge factor as well.

quintosh

wL.

na silver is like div4…

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from quintosh

na silver is like div4…

I remember a showmatch between a mid silver NA team and mid div 3 ETF2L team, the game was close, but Euros won that one while having a ping disadvantage.

But then again my calculation is flawed, since NA has nearly 2 times as much teams, so the 7th team in NA would transfer to the 4th team in EU in my calculations.
It really depends if NA having more teams means more talent or more whipping boys.

Hidi

Quoted from SabaSaba

6vs6 or HL?

I was thinking either, but I’m much more active in UGC HL, so I’m more familiar with those skillsets.

irfx

EPA

EU Platinum = Prem-Div6
EU below platinum = pub

Python

Quoted from Carlos Kaiser

[…]
I remember a showmatch between a mid silver NA team and mid div 3 ETF2L team, the game was close, but Euros won that one while having a ping disadvantage.

We rolled them pretty hard, not gonna lie

Asaaj

I miss UGC season 6 seeding. It was so good. You had every team ever in one div, and when playoffs hit the shelf you were separated into divs according to your seeding, so you had 16 actually good teams in plat, then silver, steel, iron.

Made me want to put in some more extra effort to get into the div I wanted.

Platinum nowadays has a large skillgap anyway so it literally wouldn’t make a difference.

Although one could debate it’d be a faceroll for new teams.

Last edited by Asaaj,

4hp

Then we’d have new teams possibly playing against prem teams… I remember that my very first highlander game was against Chessclub back when they were steel. Not quite the same thing but damn that wasn’t fun

Last edited by 4hp,

Bulow

GG

Quoted from 4hp

Then we’d have new teams possibly playing against prem teams… I remember that my very first highlander game was against Chessclub back when they were steel. Not quite the same thing but damn that wasn’t fun

There’s nothing wrong with that. We played Prem teams in our first season of UGC, got completely shit on, and carried on anyway. I can’t imagine there being a team in the top few divisions of ETF2L that hasn’t been completely outclassed at some point – it’s a good learning experience. You can’t win every game, but you can learn from them.

Asaaj

Quoted from Bulow

[…]

There’s nothing wrong with that. We played Prem teams in our first season of UGC, got completely shit on, and carried on anyway. I can’t imagine there being a team in the top few divisions of ETF2L that hasn’t been completely outclassed at some point – it’s a good learning experience. You can’t win every game, but you can learn from them.

Exactly, people should stop worrying so much about getting dunked. If you want to get better you need to experience that, even if it is frustrating.

The thing is nowadays people don’t really give a rats ass about UGC anymore because it got redundant to play, what’s the point of having platinum if 75% of the teams in that division are not even plat?

The old seeding system worked because there were no divs to begin with and they only just got made up at the playoffs with the 16 best teams according to score in plat and so on….

Last edited by Asaaj,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »