Forum

LAWL NICE DIVS

Created 1st March 2014 @ 07:27

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 23 Next »

Bulow

GG

Xacher’s point is pretty clear, and a good one; there must have been a reason that the admins put a team above the division they requested (and they do do this on occasion. Imagine the tears if people sandbag…) when they released the provisional divisions. But teams who are provisionally placed in a division don’t then feel the need to wave more logs or make !admin requests since they assume that they will stay where they are. And why not? The admins had a reason for putting them there in the first place…Teams who feel they are placed too low will do the above, and they might have a decent case. The difference is that they’re getting a second chance to present their case while a team in the division above doesn’t know that they’re under threat of being removed, in part because they’re not fighting their own corner. It’s uneven.

Requesting a division is a red herring since many teams request a division that they don’t get, and other teams are pushed into divisions that they didn’t ask for. As far as I can tell it’s just a guideline for the admins.

Kaneco

Quoted from Setsul

[…]
Step 1: Put a team in the div they requested.
Step 2: ?????? (HL logic)
Step 3: Team complains because they got put in the div they requested.

To be honest they didn’t complaint in the provisional divisions because they actually got put in div2. Where they probably felt they belonged to.

Our div3 last season was one of the most competitive and higher skilled I have ever seen, I would dare to say it was miles ahead of div3a. And either team nein, bote or us (dank et) could have won.

They were 2nd after nein (1 point from us) and got put in div3 while nein are playing div1, just by comparison.

Also they were one of the 12 teams to be put in UGC plat along with 1RW (somewhat of a dank et twin team) and team nein.

In my head it was pretty straightforward that if someone deserved to go div2 after the guaranteed promoted teams that would be them (and us dank et if the team was playing this season). But I guess seedings are never perfect and it will serve as a reminder for them to communicate their intentions properly with their leader.

Quoted from Henghast

[…]

Are you implying my fish darting is somewhat inaccurate?

Somewhat Henghast, somewhat. But please, preserve your tears, okay.

Last edited by Crazyman,

konr

Quoted from Bulow

[…]

Fuck

Munky

AEUGH

What about the effect it has on other teams? Teams will be left unable to compete to win their appropriate division due to a team being placed below where they should be. Balancing the divisions has a bigger effect than just the team feeling aggrieved and it is something I feel a lot of people overlook.

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]
Our div3 last season was one of the most competitive and higher skilled I have ever seen, I would dare to say it was miles ahead of div3a.

No, not really, the divs were even, but lets not discuss that.

Setsul

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

To be honest they didn’t complaint in the provisional divisions because they actually got put in div2. Where they probably felt they belonged to.

Our div3 last season was one of the most competitive and higher skilled I have ever seen, I would dare to say it was miles ahead of div3a. And either team nein, bote or us (dank et) could have won.

They were 2nd after nein (1 point from us) and got put in div3 while nein are playing div1, just by comparison.

Also they were one of the 12 teams to be put in UGC plat along with 1RW (somewhat of a dank et twin team) and team nein.

In my head it was pretty straightforward that if someone deserved to go div2 after the guaranteed promoted teams that would be them (and us dank et if the team was playing this season). But I guess seedings are never perfect and it will serve as a reminder for them to communicate their intentions properly with their leader.

If they wanted div2 they applied for the wrong div in the first place.

Also you guys were better than them and should’ve won 2nd. We 3-0’d them on viaduct and lost process 0-1 only because our heavy timed out.

Last edited by Setsul,

Hot

Quoted from Bulow

[…]

+1

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Bulow

Xacher’s point is pretty clear, and a good one; there must have been a reason that the admins put a team above the division they requested (and they do do this on occasion. Imagine the tears if people sandbag…) when they released the provisional divisions. But teams who are provisionally placed in a division don’t then feel the need to wave more logs or make !admin requests since they assume that they will stay where they are. And why not? The admins had a reason for putting them there in the first place…Teams who feel they are placed too low will do the above, and they might have a decent case. The difference is that they’re getting a second chance to present their case while a team in the division above doesn’t know that they’re under threat of being removed, in part because they’re not fighting their own corner. It’s uneven.

Requesting a division is a red herring since many teams request a division that they don’t get, and other teams are pushed into divisions that they didn’t ask for. As far as I can tell it’s just a guideline for the admins.

Of course this is a problem I am aware of, but how can it be solved? For example Team A is in div3, Team B is in div2 for the provisional divisions. Team A requests a change and provides screenshots and logs etc and we swap them with Team B. Why shouldn’t Team B get to complain and send screenshots? Because there is a limited amount of time between the provisional and final divisions . You can’t keep yoyoing between teams providing evidence. Yet another reason to gather screenshots and logs even if you don’t think you’ll need them – Whats the worst that could happen if you do?

Payne

can i hand these in to get into div1 or is it already too late, i want better bling bling

http://logs.tf/133105 http://logs.tf/108032 http://logs.tf/171512

now seriously the “skills (probably made a joke here)” between div 1-3 in HL (!(y) are not as big as most seem to believe.

Bulow

GG

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

Of course this is a problem I am aware of, but how can it be solved? For example Team A is in div3, Team B is in div2 for the provisional divisions. Team A requests a change and provides screenshots and logs etc and we swap them with Team B. Why shouldn’t Team B get to complain and send screenshots? Because there is a limited amount of time between the provisional and final divisions . You can’t keep yoyoing between teams providing evidence. Yet another reason to gather screenshots and logs even if you don’t think you’ll need them – Whats the worst that could happen if you do?

You’re exactly right, you can’t keep on yoyo-ing. Off the top of my head potential solutinons would be:

1) When a team requests a higher division after the release of the provisional ones, invite a leader from the lowest seeded team(s) to also add any further evidence they feel might help.

2) Do away with provisional divisions, only accept evidence submitted before a certain date.

3) Playoffs.

4) Accepting that the system is unfair and rewards those who complain the most (but also those who prepare the most.)

Depends on the number of requests you get each season I suppose.

Xabi

What’s sad about us is that most os uf are from Osmoz roster, as Kkaltu told me on steam if we kept the same team in Osmoz roster we would be Div1 100% !

We finished 3rd last season and had a close fight to win the division with breakfast & Dig Deep !

I know we don’t have Div1 level right now but it’s kinda stupid to move a team like ours which ended up 3rd in Div2 last season, and let teams such as TC, Team Nein go Div1 ( I don’t have anything against them, but regarding last season it would have been fair for us to play this Season in Div1. )

I’ve applied for Div2 coz I thought teams like TC, Team Nein etc would be in this div and not Div1.

Last edited by Xabi,

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

Quoted from Xabi

What’s sad about us is that most os uf are from Osmoz roster, as Kkaltu told me on steam if we kept the same team in Osmoz roster we would be Div1 100% !

We finished 3rd last season and had a close fight to win the division with breakfast & Dig Deep !

I know we don’t have Div1 level right now but it’s kinda stupid to move a team like ours which ended up 3rd in Div2 last season, and let teams such as TC, Team Nein go Div1 ( I don’t have anything against them, but regarding last season it would have been fair for us to play this Season in Div1. )

I’ve applied for Div2 coz I thought teams like TC, Team Nein etc would be in this div and not Div1.

you are repeating yourself

anyway. we applied for div 2, got put into div 1. decided to go with in and take the chance…

Last edited by MARS^,

Xabi

I don’t have anything against that and I wish you all the best, but it’s not fair !

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

I think play offs are a good idea tbh. Doenst take that much setting up.

If bote asked us for a match to decide who gets div2 id of taken the offer (as long as its on a sunday ;D)

But yeh think playoffs in the future would be a cool addition. Maybe give an extra week in advance.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 23 Next »