Created 26th December 2013 @ 23:46

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Tangopopper

[M]
Kirmani

Quoted from Starkie

[…]
I don’t understand why this is a problem

It is a problem. For example, a team which wins three games and loses four would have more points than a team which draws all their games.

frixx

LG

Just leave it the way it is

The GC was d2m’s idea. If I’m remembering things right he added it because he felt there were too many cases with draws where one team was better but failed to achieve the win for various reasons like luck etc, as well as wanting to create a system where the difference between teams would be a lot closer and even the smallest skill difference would be noticable in the amount of points gained thus making it more competitive.
However, he didn’t want to take away the 1 point gained on a ‘draw’, hence the Golden Cap instead of simply making a Golden Cap round to decide who gets 3 points.

kaidus

WiK?

I’d like a straight wins/losses score system, but at this point who really cares.

Ditch the 10 min holding mid rule. That shit is so bad.

marez

vc
9 ☆

Also theres this problem with score where lets say team results are: 5:4gc(2 points for team A, 1 for team B), 5:4gc(2 points for team A, 1 for team B), 2:4(0 points for team A, 3 points for team B), which means (if you are all catching up) that Team A won 2 maps while scoring 4 points, and Team B won 1 map while scoring 5 points. Now how can we know which teams wins, the one with more points or more map wins?

stuntz

Id say split 30 minutes into 3 best of 3 golden caps like 10 minutes each and whover gets a round or mid wins.

could be 5 minutes rounds also, total 15 minutes so it isnt a staring contest :o

or… ditch GoldenCaps and give draws, you know like every other sport game unless its a final.

3 points each team or 1.5 points each team.

cheers.

Last edited by stuntz,

kronis

NASA
hi im dog

Or just make it a normal round.

TurboTabs

(Classy)
Op4

Quoted from kaidus

I’d like a straight wins/losses score system, but at this point who really cares.

Ditch the 10 min holding mid rule. That shit is so bad.

Agreed. Cannot you not make it just be a draw of 1-1 if no one wins the golden cap after 10 minutes. That missing point from maps makes it so that both teams dont win, but rather; they both lose and give motivation to stop middle hugging.

byte

Remove the timelimit of 10minutes and just make it a sudden death round.

or

Make it so that draws are legit and each team receives one point.

Is that simplez.

Cheers

Byte

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from byte

Make it so that draws are legit

booriiiiiing

konr

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

booriiiiiing

Not at all. An entire game could be so fucking close and end on a draw. It being a draw doesn’t mean the game was slow and boring at all.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from konr

[…]Not at all. An entire game could be so fucking close and end on a draw. It being a draw doesn’t mean the game was slow and boring at all.

Sure, but it’s even better when it all comes down to the last round.

konr

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

Sure, but it’s even better when it all comes down to the last round.

But it’s more trouble than it’s fucking worth imo

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from konr

[…]But it’s more trouble than it’s fucking worth imo

So many things wrong with that comment

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Draws were removed because not all maps offered an equal distribution of results. At the time Gravelpit was notorious for upsets, someone ran the stats and proved that draws were much more likely on Gravelpit.

5CP, A/D and CTF all featured in the map pool at the time and the fixtures you draw for the season are random, so in order to make the system fairer map draws were removed. You either won or you lost; this was what people wanted at the time, but the admins added the caveat of golden cap scoring – I guess to soften the blow of no more draws or to ease the transition?

I agree with the OP and have raised the issue every season I was part of the ETF2L team.

In relation to some of the other comments, I don’t think you can reasonably distribute points based on round difference for the same reason points for draws were originally removed – not all maps are equal!

Max win difference of 5 on 5CP, max win difference of 3 on KOTH, max win difference of 2 on A/D. Even within the spectrum of 5CP maps can you say that 1 round on Badlands is equal to 1 round on Granary?

The Wireplay scoring system is utter folly, as is the standing ETF2L Golden Cap scoring system. Do I really deserve 1 point for losing more slowly? It should be all or nothing! Also scrap that 10 minute timelimit bullshit for the love of gad.

tl;dr No draws because maps are not equal. A map win should be the only way to earn points in ETF2L.

Last edited by Admirable,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »