Forum

ETF2L Custom Style

Created 22nd November 2013 @ 01:01

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »

Fallen

TC

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

But what about this preview I posted above? http://etf2l.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/ETF2LWebDesign18PreviewV4.png

It’s horrible.

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

I really like it. :|

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

How are admins ruining it? I mean if you want to pay them so they can quit their jobs and dedicate 100% of their time to ETF2L go for it..

I can do that, pm me salaries.

Quoted from Limp.

[…]

I applied because I noticed admins dont have time to run it properly, didnt get picked, gg, tf2 is dead. and etf2l

We have SOME standards, you know.

Kaneco

Quoted from Fallen

[…]

It’s horrible.

No, at least its something, the current site is horrile in every sense, I mean, its not worse than UGC’s but that is not a compliment. Take a look at the major league sites, and other orgs. The league would really benefit, as well from the sponsor point of view of a design overhaul, while that mockup might not be the ideal one its already a fantastic improvement to the current one.

Take a look at the placement of everything, pretty much on point and intuitive, the only thing I dont like is the news column format which should only be 1 column with a featured article

Quoted from nTraum

Wordpress isn’t _that_ outdated anymore, same with plugins.

I agree we need a redesign, but unfortunately we don’t have a photoshop guru at hand at the moment. :[

That’s already great news.

But the mockup above iirc was made by a person on the design team of etf2l, why wasn’t this mockup picked up or at least why didn’t you really took advantage of his skills for other design tasks

Quoted from byte

[…]

Could be done if certain image assets are given, as I’m not playing in Prem next season (WHOOOPS GOSSIP) I will have more time and less stress =)

If thats a legit mock up etf2l wanna use Kaneco :p

Cheers

Byte

same as above

When I first visited etf2l a few years ago as someone totally new to competitive tf2 I remember clearly of thinking to myself, “wow this site is horrible”. That’s saying something, a new more professional design goes a long way attracting new players teams and sponsors as well

sorry for all the offtopic zoob

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

We need to sprinkle some #esports on our website.

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

Quoted from Kaneco

But the mockup above iirc was made by a person on the design team of etf2l, why wasn’t this mockup picked up or at least why didn’t you really took advantage of his skills for other design tasks

DeusVox was working on the design and heavily refining it based on feedback. If it looks like his design checks off virtually every issue with ETF2L’s content layout, it’s because he was doing exactly that. Even if you disagree with the “modern esports site” look, the amount of thinking and effort he put into iterating and refining the draft was truly inspiring.

Unfortunately he got burned out after a while, lost his soul to MOBA and quit TF2, with ETF2L following shortly after. He never released the graphical assets for the design, and there was nobody to pick it up after he left.

Last edited by emb,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from byte

easy

No :p

You guys are crazy, I really like the site- no frills, no bullshit, it’s good. It’s clean.
I mean…have you seen WP? ED? Hell, have you seen ESL?
They are all massively worse sites/forums and people still go there and post if something has to be said. I know “there’s worse” isn’t usually a good point to make, but in this case there aren’t any betters.
Absolutely against changing it so it’s all nicely compartmentalized and overly shiny like in that cringeworthy mockup*, it would be a shame if etf2l looked like every other unprofessional site out there. :3

*It’s so…tryhard counterstrike 1.6 site from 2003, look how e-sports we are! Have some more glare! Can you see it now? WE HAVE BLACK COLOUR EVERYWHERE FFS, CAN YOU NOT SEE HOW ESPORTS WE ARE?!

Last edited by Fluffy Meowington,

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

etf2l looks great as it is… IMO

Kaneco

The current site looks like something from 2002, the design is outdated according to modern standards, not user friendly and not appealing to outsiders. It’s not ok. zoob custom style is already a huge improvement but we really needed some fresh blood (as in a totally new design) for our league.

That being said Im not saying it doesnt work, because its obvious it works for the 2000+ users playing the league, but it could be much better

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

I pretty much think it’s perfect :(

edit: don’t do a youtube, pls

Last edited by Scissors,

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

That e-sports style mock up looks good, but personally, I hate using sites like that. ETF2L doesn’t look like the prettiest of beasts, but it’s easy to use and reasonably clean.

ETF2L is a site to be used, for a manner for things – recruitments, discussions and other things. I find the problem with most of the e-sport style sites is really they’re just there to “show off” and have a whole bunch of shit to read – history, posts about the team progress etc. I never find them very good for actually doing things. If someone nailed that though, i’d be highly supportive of it.

Sites like ESL are terrible, as many have pointed out. I’m happy sitting on reasonably ugly with good functionality, for now. A radical new design for our little league isn’t going to suddenly shoot TF2 into e-sport stardom.

An overhaul is a lot of work, and it seems like anybody who has tried has given up/burnt out/quit for any number of reasons and then the admin team is back to square 1 on it. I can see why it’s not very high on the list of priorities to push for.

@Zoob: cool stuff.

Last edited by Nymthae,

Enef

fest
#wubafan

You don’t need a radical redesign for the etf2l website, just some colours that don’t make me want to claw my eyes out.

Trane

At least the new banner looks great.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »