Forum

CC Vinland what a disgrace

Created 21st May 2013 @ 21:42

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 14 Next »

doks

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]its a rule you HAVE to show up for match, not showing up is awarded by minor warning and def lose

nothing wrong there and this whole thing has nothing to do with warnings anyway

Some people on the earlier pages mentioned punishments/making a new rule.
Darn did show up and leave mid-game.
how do you punish that ? and how do you make a rule about that since you would have to know the reasoning and thats pretty much not doable.

fr0w

\V/ Gold

Ipz and smzi are both known for their somewhat troll-ish behavior through their entire tf2 “career”, they sometimes do act like 12 year olds, or pretend to be one.

They are also known to be good at this pre- or midgame shittalk,which main target it is to take the enemy out of his comfort zone by making them rage etc

Saying that, this does not mean to be any excuse for Darn`s behaviour.
Other teams, or players, do not bother about that shittalk thing at all.

As a prem team you should be aware of them (cc) doing anything they can do to win, even if that makes them look like assholes.
Darn should have expected that he probably won`t get his beloved higher fov if he asks for it.
Which means that it is completly his fault not beeing prepared for this case.
And he should be punished for that, even though he might not care anymore.

Last edited by fr0w,

AnimaL

Quoted from doks

[…]

Some people on the earlier pages mentioned punishments/making a new rule.
Darn did show up and leave mid-game.
how do you punish that ? and how do you make a rule about that since you would have to know the reasoning and thats pretty much not doable.

they never played two maps, its a noshow… they could easily played with merc/other player from roster… why is irrelevant in prem if match is scheduled and its past schedule time… there are rules already to try and prevent these kinds of cancellations happening for casted games i think the guys who said anything about punishments have never opened rules page in first place

Last edited by AnimaL,

TviQ

ft.

Sometimes i wonder…

toasty.

PHX

CC would have won 5-0 both maps what ever the circumstances. It’s clear they were trolling so the fact that they claim innocence is pretty weak and transparent.

If it were the etf2l grand final vs epsilon or some thing that would be different. Obviously darn was in the wrong as well, but this situation could have been easily avoided.

Marf

Strejk

Quoted from fr0w

Ipz and smzi are both known for their somewhat troll-ish behavior through their entire tf2 “career”, they sometimes do act like 12 year olds, or pretend to be one.

They are also known to be good at this pre- or midgame shittalk,which main target it is to take the enemy out of his comfort zone by making them rage etc

Saying that, this does not mean to be any excuse for Darn`s behaviour.
Other teams, or players, do not bother about that shittalk thing at all.

I (= random div6 shitter) pretty much have to agree on this. I also have to agree to what smzi and ipz are saying in this thread. I never used OpenPlugin, but if I did, I would have adopted to 90 FoV as soon as there was a newspost about both teams having to agree to use higher FoV. You can’t just go in and assume they will agree on that.
However, I think cc// could have done a little more to calm the situation down. I’d rather – as a spectator – wait a few more minutes than watch a completely borked match. They could, though. They don’t have to. But they made it look like they don’t really care, maybe even were “hiddenly aggressive” (Can’t remember the exact chatlog anymore). Putting myself in Darn’s situation, that would be rather counterproductive. Wouldn’t make me want to play the match.
Darn’s behavior was childish and naive. Apparently he asked his team to get a merc, though. Would’ve been the better option than letting him play in an enraged state like that. Guess we all saw how that ended up.

So, cc// did nothing wrong (or against the rules), but they could have done better.
Darn’s reaction was wrong, and I feel sorry for his team.

As I said – that’s just my opinion.

Last edited by Marf,

Trane

Quoted from Admirable

1) Blackmail: “to attempt to influence the actions of (a person), esp by unfair pressure or threats” Darn threatened to leave the game if his demands were not met.

When did you become so condescending? I know what the Oxford dictionary definition is, but blackmail usually has a motive. Darn’s motive was to play at his usual fov I would suspect, and not ‘blackmail’ to the detriment of the other party.

2) A colourful exaggerated metaphor to encapsulate the strong feelings many have about playing by the rules.

*garbage metaphor. I’m sorry, but someone asking to use an fov is not akin to rape.

3) Maybe you “play” TF2, but I compete! My main drive is to better myself through competition. As it turns out watching other humans push themselves is quite entertaining. As a spectator or caster you have invested nothing more than the 90 minutes you set aside to watch the game, but as competitors they have invested countless hours in a strive for perfection. We can absolutely disagree on this, but perhaps it is a matter of perspective as opposed to justice.

I like to compete, I have an i46 winners medal ;) do you? I also compete in an actual sport at National level, so pipe down son.

Saying that viewers have only invested as much time into the game as required to watch a cast is a stupidly misguided, and incorrect thing to say. Your ‘perspective’ is clouded by affiliations – as an ambassador it should not be, mine is a neutral view.

4) Absolutely. The community can’t decry the lack of professionalism in the Prem and then complain when rules are enforced?

Everybody wants to see professionalism from the top tier, I’m not disagreeing with that. Do you honestly believe CC behaved professionally in the manner they enforced the rule? Do you think that the same people want professionalism to the direct detriment of a game being played/casted? No.

5) Is your problem here with the ETF2L rules or perhaps Valve’s implementation of FOV? The default cap for fov_desired 90. By agreement teams can increase this using TFTrue. There was no agreement.

Indeed there wasn’t – that’s what this whole debate is about.

6) Shame! That might be a good get out clause for later.

I never run from a disagreement.

beach

[DA]
[DA]

you had to mention the medal didn’t you trane? >:|

Trane

Absolutely.

SuperGunnar

KK
KOS

I wish Poop could come with his bright and witty insights

quintosh

wL.

cc 1
community 0

Limp.

EPA

Say CC// did it by purpouse to just make Darn rage to deny fov and trashtalk and bait him. It still isn’t wrong anyway or unprofessional to take advantage and abuse mentally weak players. Sure can perhaps argue if it’s sportmanship like, but mental aspect is big part of competitve gaming. Personlay I don’t see anything wrong in playing mind games by trashtalk, spamming binds or whatever to make your oppnent rage/break mentally especialy if you know there is some one likely to fell for it, it just part of the game. (As long as it’s not racist and that sort, thin line, I know.) So was just well played by CC// and respect to them, if it was on purpous and ended up maybe bit of an overkill this time. Too bad, Darn grow a pair and better luck next time.

rat

TF2 community being shit, Admirable being a cunt, Darn being angry, ETF2L being run by morons who can’t make up their minds on rules, shit community, shit game, nothing to see here move along.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Just lock this thread. This is causing only drama. CC are nothing to blame. Darn/vinland should have had a merc standing by. And ETF2L should give some more thought on the effects of the TFTrue ruleset. Nothing more to it. Let’s just enjoy the rest of this season and of course i49! :)

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Embarrassing. Someone mentioned darn acted like a 12 year old. A 12 year old would be told to grow up after behaving like that.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 14 Next »