Forum

h2m a stable prem division

Created 28th April 2013 @ 02:39

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »

Bulow

GG

Could the public-service oriented players please provide a similar logs break down for the other teams in contention for Prem? On it’s own, only having logs for one team compiled like that isn’t very helpful because, as Permzilla has stated, you aren’t comparing like with like.

It sounds like Vinland have the best screen shots submitted, hence why they were provisionally given the spot. Perhaps they don’t have the best logs, but until we have a similar data set for other teams, it doesn’t seem fair to use those as a reason to complain.

quad

Quoted from ilike2spin

[…]

Theres only one to fight for noob, where you been?

yea, I was stunned to find out that vinland, solar, webone was in prem already, poor lms :(

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Quoted from Bulow

It sounds like Vinland have the best screen shots submitted, hence why they were provisionally given the spot. Perhaps they don’t have the best logs, but until we have a similar data set for other teams, it doesn’t seem fair to use those as a reason to complain.

If you read between the lines, Vinland were given the spot because of two map wins, over broder and bff. The playoff teams couldn’t match those two results.

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

lets just make a 4 team prem div and a 12 team div1 that would fix it quite easily

PS: Cant count the amount of times LMS lost or drew vs reverto during the past couple of weeks so i guess reverto should get the playoff spot

Last edited by smziii,

Bulow

GG

Quoted from fraac

[…]

If you read between the lines, Vinland were given the spot because of two map wins, over broder and bff. The playoff teams couldn’t match those two results.

Yes, I saw that (hence why I said ‘best screenshots’). But isn’t the issue that is being raised that of the validity of using personally selected screenshots when you can use logs which could give a different perspective on a team’s performance? My point is that, while that may be true, you’d need to do it for everyone, and so far I can only see a neat break down for Vinland (which itself may not be 100% accurate).

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

If you know teams are sending only their best results that isn’t useless information. I’d go the other way and aim for more complete log data. But maybe, as smzi suggests, it doesn’t matter the best way to select the four teams to be slaughtered by the top four.

Ordinator

tuhi

Quoted from smziii

PS: Cant count the amount of times LMS lost or drew vs reverto during the past couple of weeks so i guess reverto should get the playoff spot

cant count amount of times when prem teams not showing up on pcw resulting us having 2 maps per week, of course we cant get screenshots and decent practice, but its okay, i remember few seasons back when we didnt play 2nd map with infused dunc went batshit crazy and we almost got denied of div1/prem channel
back on topic
dont see problem with vinland in prem, they are clearly better than other 3 teams and its easier to organize play-offs with lesser teams, hope darn can keep his guys through season and not fold

Tek

ft.

GDK > PREM >ALL

GG(DK)

Ordinator

tuhi

Quoted from Tek

GDK > PREM >ALL

GG(DK)

russian black jesus

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from Bulow

Could the public-service oriented players please provide a similar logs break down for the other teams in contention for Prem? On it’s own, only having logs for one team compiled like that isn’t very helpful because, as Permzilla has stated, you aren’t comparing like with like.

The point isn’t that vinland aren’t the best or didn’t provide the best screens, but why not just have 4 teams play off for 2 spots. If it’s assumed that there must only be one spot to play off for then vinland are rightfully the best choice based on evidence they submitted.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from ilike2spin

[…]

The point isn’t that vinland aren’t the best or didn’t provide the best screens, but why not just have 4 teams play off for 2 spots. If it’s assumed that there must only be one spot to play off for then vinland are rightfully the best choice based on evidence they submitted.

Quoted from emb

1. We don’t have enough time to run a 4 team qualifier for 2 spots. Round robin would take too long and have a high risk of ties. Single elimination for two spots would be somewhat unfair – think about it for a moment.

atomic-

wow, that’s a very bad excuse, m8

Last edited by atomic-,

AnimaL

Quoted from Ordinator

i remember few seasons back when we didnt play 2nd map with infused dunc went batshit crazy and we almost got denied of div1/prem channel

loled irl

Forsak3n

S

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]loled irl

ye, he banned me and wanted reko to say he was sorry in private, so after a month of waiting somebody unbanned me :D

Kaneco

Accepting bets for drops in prem the first 2 weeks

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »