Forum

Is mp_showrespawntimes allowed during a match?

Created 8th February 2013 @ 16:17

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Morgus

can i use that command in an official?

Last edited by Morgus,

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

personally I don’t believe it should be allowed. a player should rely on his own knowledge of the game to time spawns and to know when it is or isn’t to push because of that.

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

Yes, you are allowed to use the command.

kaidus

WiK?

It’s allowed, but really not that useful. It takes longer to read the mess of jumbled numbers it prints out than to just intuit it. You’ll probably find that by the time you’ve worked out when the spawns are coming, they’ve already come and gone.

AnimaL

It does help a bit when planning ahead, but overall it isnt much different to beeing used when ppl spawn.

Morgus

I dont use it, but heard somebody used it. Idk if it should be allowed, but anyway its not useful for me.

djc

d2f~

Quoted from kaidus

It’s allowed, but really not that useful. It takes longer to read the mess of jumbled numbers it prints out than to just intuit it. You’ll probably find that by the time you’ve worked out when the spawns are coming, they’ve already come and gone.

GOOD LORD you smoke a lot of pot
you gotta read like one number

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

SSSSHHHHH DONT TELL EVERYONE xD

Anyway, you can’t really start banning it now, it’s a feature that has been in the game for ages, and Valve has kept it there. Considering there is a quasi-randomness to the respawn times, (they are tied in the waves+spawn multipliers which keep running throughout the game, if I’m correct? Not entirely sure though) it’s only more fair to allow mp_showrespawntimes, as this game should be as little based on random factors as possible.

It’s like banning item/hat switch in resupply to jump back in spawns to retain uber (on badlands… Isn’t it weird by the way that badlands is the only damn map where you can get back into your resupply? Even cp_well had its open resupply removed) … It’s built in the game and obviously not a bug, so why ban it.

What does this command even do? I’ve never heard about it before.

bebeto

|Ks|

Quoted from FUN POLICE RUINS TF2

What does this command even do? I’ve never heard about it before.

it simply prints a message showing respawn time of both team

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

I just tried it out and it’s actually not very useful :( disappointed

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Quoted from skeej

It’s like banning item/hat switch in resupply to jump back in spawns to retain uber

Actually never knew you could do this.

I have respawntimes bound to tab but I don’t think I ever pay attention to it.

Add A Reply Pages: 1