Forum

Arie's anti-ddos plugin

Created 10th January 2013 @ 23:31

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Trath

This old ddos thing that happened before my time was a valve-side bug/exploit, which allowed for an easy ddos through the exploit. A 5 year old with a wooden PC and a stone age internet connection should have been able to fuck the server up. (At least that is the idea I got from a similar thread like a year ago).

Deduction:
A dns reflection is more complicated meaning the person that is doing it is tech-savy, probably over 18 and must really hate the whole TF2 community. Either some guy that was banned within the last year, or a CS:GO guy. Who knows.

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Trath

This old ddos thing that happened before my time was a valve-side bug/exploit, which allowed for an easy ddos through the exploit. A 5 year old with a wooden PC and a stone age internet connection should have been able to fuck the server up. (At least that is the idea I got from a similar thread like a year ago).

Deduction:
A dns reflection is more complicated meaning the person that is doing it is tech-savy, probably over 18 and must really hate the whole TF2 community. Either some guy that was banned within the last year, or a CS:GO guy. Who knows.

its tarkus then

Trath

Quoted from rytis

[…]
its tarkus then

probably over 18

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from Sideshow

It’s ok enef us shitters really don’t have to worry.

if you were around for the ddos’ing you’ll know we all have to worry. This mad kid hates everyone equally.

beach

[DA]
[DA]

Must be Evil…

‘TF2 isn’t dead yet? I’LL HANDLE THAT MOTHERFUCKERS’

dAGNER

duplo

Lol i don’t hate tf2. I was just curious to see if it’d work :P

God I remember the ddos days with such joy.

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Quoted from Trath

….

Deduction:

Both this and the previous attack relied on sending spoofed UDP packets. The extra requirement of the DNS reflection attack is a list of open DNS servers you can use to amplify your attack.

The power of the DNS reflection DDoS attack make it an ideal choice for skilled and unskilled people trying to take down a server.

Maffi

REVERTO

i blame pennyfarming

Koala

Bet it’s some skid with some WinGUI shyet, no smart man would do such a lame and useless ddosing, bet it’s some WinGUI pr0 l33t ddos tool, or at best some guy who has just discovered linux and slowloris.pl. Assuming it’s no huge tfn2k etc, some simple protection should to the job.

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

Quoted from Koala

Bet it’s some skid with some WinGUI shyet, no smart man would do such a lame and useless ddosing, bet it’s some WinGUI pr0 l33t ddos tool, or at best some guy who has just discovered linux and slowloris.pl. Assuming it’s no huge tfn2k etc, some simple protection should to the job.

Nice buzzword bingo. Go ahead and explain your ‘simple protection’ methods please. :)

fawwles

TSUN~

Quoted from nTraum

[…]

Nice buzzword bingo. Go ahead and explain your ‘simple protection’ methods please. :)

the cloud

minimoose

Quoted from Koala

Does this simple protection extend to stupid forum posts as well?

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Quoted from minimoose

[…]

Does this simple protection extend to you making teams fold by stealing players?

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Koala

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkDD03yeLnU

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »