New rules for the next season.

Created 9th March 2009 @ 12:52

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »

rts

farm!
it's a farm

-two maps per match
-duration of 25min and/or scoredifference of 5 to win
-playing against opponents twice (if possible)

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

I was going to write a long reply, but i’ve shortened it.

Set maps vs set opponents can decide the result of a season as some maps are easier to score vs higher skilled opponents and some are easier to defend.

I won’t get into the mechanics, but if you don’t understand the reasons why, then er… pshhh!

Wlv

RaWr ::

These are my personal opinions :-

ABBA – definately
1 map x2 – don’t like this at all, can imagine it getting really boring playing turbine twice!
Win limit – teams can already call it when there’s an 8 point difference although wouldn’t mind lowering it to 6.
Set maps – happy either way, the current div1 system is nice however a fixed map system would make it easier for teams to prac those maps in pcws.

Stratte

eXhale |

ABBA +1
1 map x2 -1
Win limit +1
Admin pick maps +1

Myth240

nice rules man

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

1 map x2? Christ that would be tedious! Imagine getting rolled on a horrible map like well and then having to rub salt into the wound by again playing it :p, eww.

Joshua

Agree about ABBA, but not about two games a week. I might be being thick but surely if both teams agreed couldn’t you just play one map on one day and one map another?

I don’t think admin map picks would be good, because of Arx’s reasons, but perhaps limiting the more popular maps to only 2 picks, and expanding both the primary and secondary map pools would be good. I think the current competition would help with this if some really decent maps turn up out of that which people are actually willing to play :)

Funkeh

DStM

Indeed, would NOT like to see 1 map x2 implemented, I really like the current setup although I would like to see the Gravel Pit ABBA and perhaps a win limit of 6.

PS Choosing 6 instead of 5 because winning 5 rounds of a map can be accomplished within around 15 minutes, so if the teams are of similar skill, the opposing team has time to compete. If a team wins 6 rounds of a map, the fastest that could be feasibly carried out would be around the 18-20 minute mark, which could not be undone without the leading team going afk or dropping a couple of players :P

JimmyBreeze

k^m

ABBA on Gravel is a great idea.

Winlimit 5, play one map instead of two can lead to 1 hour games of Fastlane and Well. I think the European 2 maps of 30 mins each per match system is a lot better.

Darn

rockit like

Tapley thats why there is a winlimit of 5. Anyways ive enjoyed much more playing only one map “LAN-style”. Dont like the 4-5 hour overtimegoldencap 10 maps games at all.
Thou seems most of the EU community likes the 2 maps so im fine with it, atleast get the winlimit.

kaidus

WiK?

I really don’t see a problem with the current match structure, but I do think there are significant issues with the method through which maps are selected. As it stands there is a tremendous amount of room to piss off opposing teams by picking unorthodox maps from the secondary pool, the impact of which is really little shy of a complete piss take. You may say “Oh a truly good team should be well-rounded on all maps!”, but at the end of the day if anyone has time to blow on perfecting their 2fort, ctf_well, badwater and whatever else strategies then good for them, but they should not be given the opportunity to force their opponents to power train these utterly terrible competitive maps that are in actual fact little more than a joke and, I’m sure, only included in the map pool because someone posed the argument “If they’re so unpopular then they won’t get picked”. In a league consisting of something like 300 teams, thus over a thousand games in a season, anomalies do occur.

There are a lot of promising maps on the way with the mapping competition, so I really think it’s time to consider moving on to a fixed map system, or at the very least drastically refining the map pool

Joshua

As far as the winlimit goes something along the lines of winlimit 8.. round win difference of 5, the losing team can ask to stop?

Vlijm

UbeR |

No winlimit, just stop the game when its 0-6 or 0-7

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

ABBA +1
Winlimit please not

better change the rule 2.6 Additional Winlimit = Point difference of 8
to a point difference of 5 or 6 and remove the word “additional”

Crusa

Troopers

Waebi:
hypocritical, anyone? Gravel is ok, but if you say “maps set by admins” and you’ll have to play maps like Labor/2fort up there in div1, you’ll want the old system back very soon. We all know your opinions about maps, so.

They are hoping that admins are pro enough to only choose Badlands and Granary bi-weekly.

Gravelpit change is good and I don’t mind fixed maps if map picks are diverse enough (what’s a better way to show your skills that do well in all maps?). Two games in a week would be fine by me but I understand that it would cause problems for some teams.
The only thing I really hate is the same map played twice. 30 minutes is enough for one map at the time.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »