Forum

Unlocks panel

Created 30th June 2012 @ 12:31

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 28 Next »

Monkeh

.:ne:.

What we need is a panel of people who we trust to vote in a panel of people who we trust to vote in a panel of people who we trust to vote in a panel of people that we REALLY trust and then they can sort it all out…

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

It really depends how heavily you moderate who’s allowed in and who isn’t. Uncontrolled entry is just going to lead to more of these long-winded discussions which lead nowhere, just like how it is already. Likewise too much control more likely to be biased, I guess. There has to be a very fine balance, and that’s going to be hard to achieve.

Also, I thought one of the main reasons unlocks should be allowed is to bring in new people (I haven’t really read the whole thing), this probably isn’t going to be shown well in a closed off forum? Newer people are less likely to want to bother applying right?

Last edited by MEGAMIDDIE,

Monkeh

Yes we want to attract new players but that doesn’t mean we should listen to someone who hasn’t played a 6v6 match in his life’s opinion either. We’re trying to make it, even very slightly, easier for them to get involved, but they, by very definition, have no clue about 6v6 and shouldn’t be involved in decision making.

Someone who has been around for a year or two and still in div 6 however, fine, get ’em in.

Last edited by Monkeh,

enoryt

CHRON

Hi, I wouldn’t mind advising and helping out. I play for one of the top NA teams and I’m familiar with unlocks outside of the pyro mania update, and am part of the ‘invite voting council’ (lol). We’ve taken a look at every weapon quite extensively as most of the invite players pug every night, and most invite captains when we tally the sheets agree on 90% of unlocks. We try to keep an open mind to every unlock, but we do generally ban extremely gimmicky unlocks that bring nothing to the game. Add me on steam or pm me for my email, which would probably be the best way to reach me. Also I’m on gchat often so if you have access to my email, that would be the best way to reach me. Thanks!

Kaneco

Thanks for stepping up tyrone, that is awesome, I do hope we hear some opinions from some top NA players like Tyrone and even some AUS top players like Yuki who posted on another thread. It would be great to have a knowledgeable input from someone who has played with unlocks at a top level for a long time

Monkeh

Quoted from enoryt

Hi, I wouldn’t mind advising and helping out. I play for one of the top NA teams and I’m familiar with unlocks outside of the pyro mania update, and am part of the ‘invite voting council’ (lol). We’ve taken a look at every weapon quite extensively as most of the invite players pug every night, and most invite captains when we tally the sheets agree on 90% of unlocks. We try to keep an open mind to every unlock, but we do generally ban extremely gimmicky unlocks that bring nothing to the game. Add me on steam or pm me for my email, which would probably be the best way to reach me. Also I’m on gchat often so if you have access to my email, that would be the best way to reach me. Thanks!

This is awesome :D

Would love, (someone like), Yuki to step up now too, then this panel can have some base in credibility with people who know their beans and have been swimming in pools filled with beans for ages….ahem.

Selek

Dr. med.

I’d like to point out another possible reason why there may be a “fresh meat” problem in 6on6:
In lobbies and in this very forum, many people are quite… snobbish and insulting. I for one don’t feel very welcome when this attitude occurs. People are getting kicked without explanation, instead of a short e.g. “new to 6on6? please don’t play medic at first”. Whenever I brought up new ideas to try in 6on6, at least one response was insulting or translated to “no, I like the way it is for some unexplained reason, go away”. I played on pubs with high level players several times and I can’t recall one of them being nice. Either they didn’t say anything (which is fine) or they swore for no reason or insulted others.
I found this to be less the case in the “highlander community”. Of course it’s not absent, but from my experience, people tend to be more laid back and more willing to use some netiquette. Maybe that is because HL is viewed as being less ambitious (which is not really true IMHO), I don’t know.

So, maybe a more welcoming stance of the 6on6 community might result in more new players. These are just my observations, of course, if I am wrong, please do correct me.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

No problems here.

randa

6v6 in decline? didnt s12 have more signups than any other season ?

Monkeh

CanFo posted elsewhere the exact numbers, but it has gotten considerably smaller for each of the last three seasons.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from randa

6v6 in decline? didnt s12 have more signups than any other season ?

360=>304=>288

Monkeh

Why thank you…all you gotta do is call and out pops a CanFo.

:D

Regen

nf.
9F

Quoted from CanFo

[…]
360=>304=>288

Numbers make me sad everytime..
What are we gon’ do =[

TurboTabs

(Classy)
Op4

So how long can we expect your suggested solution to be fully implemented Canfo?

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from TurboTabs

So how long can we expect your suggested solution to be fully implemented Canfo?

Anything I could tell you would be a very rough estimation so I’d prefer not to say anything specific :> Just letting you know we are working on it.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 28 Next »