Forum

[6v6] Unofficial Giant Unlocks Poll!

Created 30th June 2012 @ 10:56

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 Next »

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Alx

[…]
Something fun to experiment with, not just same old. Not many would use it though.

The Black Box doesn’t immediatly strike me as fun to experiment with but whatever floats your boat I guess :P

Alx

SNSD-jjang ♥

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

The Black Box doesn’t immediatly strike me as fun to experiment with but whatever floats your boat I guess :P

Yea, well “fun to experiment with” may be the wrong term. I just thought that the regenerating health could be interesting if you spam a lot on a mid point for example. 4 hits and you have +60hp. Never used in 6v6 though, so I have no idea.

Last edited by Alx,

Ghostface

spire

Quoted from Ordinator

lmao again this unlocks walls of text, just look at s9, that what will happen to etf2l if they allow unlocks again.

Except now there isn’t another league to run off to and more than half those players are gone.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Ghostface

[…]

Except now there isn’t another league to run off to and more than half those players are gone.

wireplay still exists ^^

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

wireplay still exists ^^

If I’m not mistaken, wouldn’t it be a good thing for all the top teams to play Wireplay?

Regen

nf.
9F

What is holding us against using them?

Watching esea it does look like they add ALOT of more options and perspective to the game.
Is it possible the vanilla ruleset is withholding newer players from playing 6v6 or is the NA scene just alot bigger? Curious about that one really.

zilis

mamka

Quoted from Regen

Watching esea it does look like they add ALOT of more options and perspective to the game.
Is it possible the vanilla ruleset is withholding newer players from playing 6v6 or is the NA scene just alot bigger? Curious about that one really.

Most likely both.

Darn

rockit like

All the unlocks are just gimmicks which do not offer nay or jay to the gameplay just there to annoy people except the ones for soldier. As in gunboats and escape plan, what this basically does it makes the soldier to have a more scout like role and all the mid fights essentially revolving around on succesful soldier jumps. I for one enjoy this fine balance the game has now without the unlocks but who knows maybe the uncoordinated deathmatch is the way to go, could also add insta respawn to really make it have speed and filled with exciting and dangerous situations.

Thomas the train

Quoted from Darn

All the unlocks are just gimmicks which do not offer nay or jay to the gameplay just there to annoy people except the ones for soldier. As in gunboats and escape plan, what this basically does it makes the soldier to have a more scout like role and all the mid fights essentially revolving around on succesful soldier jumps. I for one enjoy this fine balance the game has now without the unlocks but who knows maybe the uncoordinated deathmatch is the way to go, could also add insta respawn to really make it have speed and filled with exciting and dangerous situations.

Lol what? un coordinated deathmatch? didn’t Kaidus even agree that as of late, Invite has been working and developing a lot more compared to the static state of premier? If anything gunboats remove from DM, because the shotgun is HUGE in soldier v scout, and the soldier can’t simple re-rj when facing a scout, unless he’s running away, because odds are he’ll die.

Thomas the train

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

And how do you adapt to something you can’t see? A Scout using the Atomizer, Soldier with Gunboats and more stuff like that – how do you know which one it is and respond accordingly?

Lol who’d let atomizer in? that thing is banned everywhere. Also you can see gunboats clear as day, it’s a whole different model on his feet, and what is there to adapt to, in terms of DM when someone runs the gunboats? :) Strats should be pre-planned, DM adaptations aren’t really needed for the gunboats.

Kaneco

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

Aside from the fact I don’t think you know what “clutch” means, you’re wrong. A gunboats Soldier can get to areas faster and with more health than a Shotgun Soldier. When you die to a gunboats Soldier it is very likely you were in a position where a Shotgun Soldier wouldn’t have killed you.

Sure thing about that, but if he can get to areas faster he is going to end up arriving with 1 or 2 rockets loaded at max, if you surf the first one you should be able to dodge the second, and if you don’t then it’s the player merit, with his skill he managed to kill you with 2 direct rockets or whatever the situation it is. A shotgun is clearly a usefull finisher, if a shotty soldier bombs you he will always have it as last resort, if a gunboats soldier bombs you, he will need to hit those rockets or else he’s dead or he has to jump away, and if you let a gunboats soldier load more rockets after bombing it’s your team fault as I said.

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

And how do you adapt to something you can’t see? A Scout using the Atomizer, Soldier with Gunboats and more stuff like that – how do you know which one it is and respond accordingly?

The thing is, you don’t need to know in advance, do you also complain if a medic is using xbow and you don’t know and in mid match let’s say he finishes you with an arrow? You might not be aware of that as well but it’s something that’s part of the game. If anything I see it as a challenge, the gunboats soldier takes the same damage with or without them, sure he might arrive with more hp, but everything you need to know is that you have to hit him for the max you can like any other situation.

The best comparision isn’t even that, take for example kritz, one of the most interesting factors for me when watching matches is the kritz surprise or the other team not knowing about the enemy kritz, and in a match if you play against kritz best chance is you don’t know in advance the enemy is running kritz, but what do you do?
Complain “I couldn’t see you were using kritz, I can’t adapt to that, you have to announce you are using kritz, bla bla, kritz is a crutch for bad play, bla bla, unlock are bad, ban kritz”
Or you man up and adapt and confront the situation in the best way you have at your disposal? (In case of kritz you cowardly run or pop uber of course)

Quoted from WLAN-Kabel

In my opinion, some unlocks would add lots of new tactics into 6v6. At current state, while pub scene constantly is growing and developing,the 6v6 scene is standing still…..same maps,same tactics, same weapon sets. Thats why many players quit to other games I think.

Exactly it’s not only on the unlocks area we are failing miserably, everything we are lacking diversity, mentality and map wise too…

While the americans have a map pool full of diversity, with new and upcoming maps like cp_process, and different playstyle maps like viaduct, we have the same old blands, gran, gully, snake with the ocasional different map everybody loves to hate. Really bland map pool if you allow me the play on words.

Honestly I am sick of playing blands, and even more of gully, even snakewater which I love is always getting put aside, not easy to get a mix going on it, unless you’re the one with the server. By this pace we will end up with blads and gully as a map pool.

Quoted from Regen

Pretty sure it’s the first option sadly.

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

I pretty much just voted yes to all the underpowered unlocks, I mean, who cares if the candy cane is allowed, is that going to suddenly break the game completely? And if you want to use Baby faces blaster, well, its shit anyway? I don’t see an issue with allowing terrible unlocks. I’d actually enjoy seeing someone do well with one of the alternate scatterguns that I consider dire to prove me wrong.

Quoted from Thomas the train

[…]

Lol who’d let atomizer in? that thing is banned everywhere. Also you can see gunboats clear as day, it’s a whole different model on his feet, and what is there to adapt to, in terms of DM when someone runs the gunboats? :) Strats should be pre-planned, DM adaptations aren’t really needed for the gunboats.

You’re completely missing the point. It’s just an example. There’s no way to adapt to it until he’s already using it to his advantage – which obviously puts you at a major disadvantage. And who said adapting in terms of DM? A Soldier who can get to mid that fast – you won’t know until he’s already there at which point it’s too late to “properly” adapt to it. Preplanned strats requires you to know what he’s doing in advance. The more unlocks you allow the less that’s possible.

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]
Sure thing about that, but if he can get to areas faster he is going to end up arriving with 1 or 2 rockets loaded at max, if you surf the first one you should be able to dodge the second, and if you don’t then it’s the player merit, with his skill he managed to kill you with 2 direct rockets or whatever the situation it is. A shotgun is clearly a usefull finisher, if a shotty soldier bombs you he will always have it as last resort, if a gunboats soldier bombs you, he will need to hit those rockets or else he’s dead or he has to jump away, and if you let a gunboats soldier load more rockets after bombing it’s your team fault as I said.

If he’s good, 2 rockets is all he needs to get the Medic or at the very least have a good chance at getting the Medic – whether you surf the first or not.

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]
The thing is, you don’t need to know in advance, do you also complain if a medic is using xbow and you don’t know and in mid match let’s say he finishes you with an arrow? You might not be aware of that as well but it’s something that’s part of the game. If anything I see it as a challenge, the gunboats soldier takes the same damage with or without them, sure he might arrive with more hp, but everything you need to know is that you have to hit him for the max you can like any other situation.

The best comparision isn’t even that, take for example kritz, one of the most interesting factors for me when watching matches is the kritz surprise or the other team not knowing about the enemy kritz, and in a match if you play against kritz best chance is you don’t know in advance the enemy is running kritz, but what do you do?
Complain “I couldn’t see you were using kritz, I can’t adapt to that, you have to announce you are using kritz, bla bla, kritz is a crutch for bad play, bla bla, unlock are bad, ban kritz”
Or you man up and adapt and confront the situation in the best way you have at your disposal? (In case of kritz you cowardly run or pop uber of course)

The comparison to the crossbow makes no sense whatsoever as they’re not even remotely comparable, not even in basic principles.

Your kritz comparison fails entirely as Kritz is relatively easily spotted and takes time to charge giving you time to prepare, and even when it’s being used you have the opportunity to deal with it fairly easily. And please get a proper argument instead of that “will you whine or deal with it” bollocks.

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

Exactly it’s not only on the unlocks area we are failing miserably, everything we are lacking diversity, mentality and map wise too…

While the americans have a map pool full of diversity, with new and upcoming maps like cp_process, and different playstyle maps like viaduct, we have the same old blands, gran, gully, snake with the ocasional different map everybody loves to hate. Really bland map pool if you allow me the play on words.

Honestly I am sick of playing blands, and even more of gully, even snakewater which I love is always getting put aside, not easy to get a mix going on it, unless you’re the one with the server. By this pace we will end up with blads and gully as a map pool.

And the majority of people here disagrees with your opinion on the maps. In case you haven’t noticed, they get decided by the community.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]
You’re completely missing the point. It’s just an example. There’s no way to adapt to it until he’s already using it to his advantage – which obviously puts you at a major disadvantage. And who said adapting in terms of DM? A Soldier who can get to mid that fast – you won’t know until he’s already there at which point it’s too late to “properly” adapt to it. Preplanned strats requires you to know what he’s doing in advance. The more unlocks you allow the less that’s possible.

[…]
If he’s good, 2 rockets is all he needs to get the Medic or at the very least have a good chance at getting the Medic – whether you surf the first or not.

[…]
The comparison to the crossbow makes no sense whatsoever as they’re not even remotely comparable, not even in basic principles.

Your kritz comparison fails entirely as Kritz is relatively easily spotted and takes time to charge giving you time to prepare, and even when it’s being used you have the opportunity to deal with it fairly easily. And please get a proper argument instead of that “will you whine or deal with it” bollocks.

Except he’s right. First, imagine how your play would look like if unlocks such as Gunboats were always allowed. Second, you can spot Gunboats in time. Third, you can expect Gunboats to come, just as you can expect Kritz to come. Also, you completely neglect the fact that both with and without unlocks there’s a ton of gameplay aspects to improve upon – ‘cept there’s more with unlocks.
And if you will tell me Gunboats are random, I’ll do something really nasty. They also serve as an example here.

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]
And the majority of people here disagrees with your opinion on the maps. In case you haven’t noticed, they get decided by the community.

By the way, he disagrees with the community and its stale opinion on the mappool.

Last edited by freshmeatt,

wrock

vier

played as quickfix medic today…
On snakewater its pssible to get the whole team to mid, with full hp(even demo) as fast as the scouts
and ofc, on the top
we didnt trained it before, after the 3rd rollout it worked quite well

The game itself was really fast, due the fact you can go from mid to 4th in a few seconds(demo stickykump) is quite awsome
we rarely had a situation when we had to face an uber cause they hadn’t a chance to get it, or, when they popped it, we just all jumped out

Its a completly differently style to play(ofc when you play as you would have an uber you’ll lose)

for me it was quite fun, even half the team was raging about the quickfix…

In my opinion it would be a cool addition to 6v6
in the past Kritzekrieg did the same, and im quite sure alot people where raging about it when it came out..

just wanr to say…

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 Next »