Forum

Mumble: Bad Quality

Created 21st February 2009 @ 19:36

Add A Reply Pages: 1

randa

Hi, i am using mumble with my team and it has a really bad quality for me, sort of like a crackling sound when people talk, it is horrible :( please some 1 post a fix or am i doomed?

much love rez_E <3

rezzyy

pCÃ

LOL please reply to me not randa didnt realise he was still logged in on my pc HAHA

Waebi

‹Con›

o_O

Waebi

‹Con›

k, real answer. Did you install the new version over the old one without uninstalling? Had that too. If yes, go to 2)

1) try to move up the output delay in the SOUND OUTPUT settings.

2) uninstall completely, back up the %AppData%|mumble|mumble.sqlite file, reinstall.

ShoX

Sir
dp.

Does your mumble server respond to ping? If so set off a constant ping (ping -t ip), if you’re dropping packets to the server you’re going to have massive problems.

Mumble operates using UDP (Which doesn’t attempt to re-transmit on packet failure), as someone said above getting your Mumble version up to date is something to rule out too.

veehell

-cavalier-

choose proper audio driver in mumble (ASIO/DX/WINMAPPER) based on your sound card

run the “wizard” again, really carefully and pass all test…
then go and focus on “quality” “audio latency” “network latency” bars…

mumble is able to consume up to 30k meanwhile teamspeak is able to operate on 6k :)
so when using ADSL connection and your mumble consume as much as possible from bandwith your downstream get less bandwith and if your mates are talking together you will get quite a lot big amount data send by server to you and if you respond to them you may get more laggy and vice versa… and this is the situation when ADSL is loosing.

also i remember some issues when choosing the way how the mumble decide if i speak or not (signal to noise ratio vs raw) if you have “soundblaster” (or some any other mid/high cards choose “signal to noise”, if some crappy onboard i suggest to choose the second option.
(note: both are having different thresholds so be sure what you are doing with slide bars :)

version 1.1.7 had some troubles …. no talks about :)
i am still with 1.1.5 and no issues so far even with updated sever side.
—-
hope it helps you find your solution ;)
cheers

Joshua

It’s our clan mumble server, which I have updated to 1.1.7 server side.

If anyone wants to have a look in case there’s anything wrong with the server you can connect to n3clan.co.uk:64738 with password TheN3 .

Add A Reply Pages: 1