Forum

When do we get the medals?

Created 7th February 2012 @ 11:30

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 24 25 26 ... 36 Next »

unu

Craft medals to a super medal made of pure Australium.

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

http://i.imgur.com/i9fdkn4.png

irfx

EPA

Only pro have this

Cuttlefish

6v6

Quoted from quell

is there a reason why you haven’t listened to the criticism and updated the etf2l medals to something that people might actually want to equip? (excluding the group winner medals, those are decent. but still worse than [insert x league here that’s not etf2l]’s medals)

edit; i get it if you want to keep them the same over the seasons though, and dont mistake my post for being unappreciative cause i am.

As much as I hate to say this, honestly, it’s true. While the group winner medals and prem placement medals are pretty cool, the participant medals are just pretty generic. They just look like bottlecaps, and ones which can barely be seen at that. While I understand that medals isn’t the main priority for ETF2L players (that would be UGC), medals from other leagues are significantly cooler – such as ESL medals, which are pretty shiny compared to ETF2L’s and have 1st, 2nd and 3rd place medals as well as being more distinctive, UGC ones, which are really big and shiny with 3 different colours (something I feel should be implemented into ETF2L’s medal system – div6 medals are exactly the same as prem ones), or even OWL medals, which are enormous and appear to be made of solid gold.

tl;dr medal rant

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

qq medals

Cuttlefish

6v6

Quoted from Russian Guyovich

qq medals

i mad

Ruskeydoo

GG

Quoted from Cuttlefish

[…]

As much as I hate to say this, honestly, it’s true. While the group winner medals and prem placement medals are pretty cool, the participant medals are just pretty generic. They just look like bottlecaps, and ones which can barely be seen at that. While I understand that medals isn’t the main priority for ETF2L players (that would be UGC), medals from other leagues are significantly cooler – such as ESL medals, which are pretty shiny compared to ETF2L’s and have 1st, 2nd and 3rd place medals as well as being more distinctive, UGC ones, which are really big and shiny with 3 different colours (something I feel should be implemented into ETF2L’s medal system – div6 medals are exactly the same as prem ones), or even OWL medals, which are enormous and appear to be made of solid gold.

tl;dr medal rant

Hi there. Ruskeydoo here. I made every medal you mentioned in your post.

The person heading up the ETF2L medals at the time wanted the top 3 medals to be significantly more awesome than the participants and group winners. So that’s what they got. They’re not doing it any more, so I hope for future medals to focus equally on participation.

It should also be noted that as I do all this just for free, there is a somewhat limited amount of design cycles and time I can spend on any given project.
As you have so much passion for future ETF2L medals, I’m sure you will be personally willing to donate the kind of money which will allow me to spend greater amounts of time on medal production. PM me and I’ll let you know how you can get me the cash ;)

Cuttlefish

6v6

Quoted from Ruskeydoo

[…]

Hi there. Ruskeydoo here. I made every medal you mentioned in your post.

The person heading up the ETF2L medals at the time wanted the top 3 medals to be significantly more awesome than the participants and group winners. So that’s what they got. They’re not doing it any more, so I hope for future medals to focus equally on participation.

It should also be noted that as I do all this just for free, there is a somewhat limited amount of design cycles and time I can spend on any given project.
As you have so much passion for future ETF2L medals, I’m sure you will be personally willing to donate the kind of money which will allow me to spend greater amounts of time on medal production. PM me and I’ll let you know how you can get me the cash ;)

Hey!
I see your point, and it’s not your fault – it’s not even really a problem, just a thing that could be fixed if someone has some spare time.
And yeah, I greatly appreciate all the work you do, don’t get me wrong! If you’re lacking in time to make medals, at some point, maybe ETF2L could hire someone else to do them? You’re good, don’t get me wrong, but I’m sure there are other people whose designs would also be worth looking at.
As for help, feel free to add me – not sure about cash, but I can help you out in any way I can! Too much spare time on my hands. :D

Bloodyyy

(Weeaboo Nerd)
(XD ͜ʖXD)

Quoted from irfx

Only pro have this

Another people.. LOL

unu

MEDAAAALLSSSS

Got my s15 roster ride participant medal.

Cuttlefish

6v6

Got my D6 winner’s medal :D

Popcorp

thanks Kkaltuu (or whoever distributes them)

gf18_idiot

Top5rocket

Got my medal, yay !
Just wondering if it could be possible to change a bit the design of the medal season after season ?

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

I wrote a new site backend for handling medals. We should be able to hand out medals much quicker now as well as gradually, i.e. hand out participants as soon as the catch-up week ends, etc.

You should have received a participant medal if you were on a Season 15 team roster on 2013-06-16 and your team did not drop, and an award medal if your team has an award for Season 15 on their profile.

Season 15 is a test run for the new system. If you fit the above criteria but did not receive a medal, please contact us as soon as possible. Season 16 medals are a button’s click away, but I’d like to fix any possible bugs first.

Sovex66

TF2Co

I hope we get s16 medal ASAP !

Thanks

Last edited by Sovex66,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 24 25 26 ... 36 Next »