Forum

Being "forced" to join a team

Created 3rd November 2011 @ 15:06

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

I don’t see any reason not to have a confirmation box.

Surely idiots shouldn’t be allowed to ruin your profile and team history because they can constantly add and remove you. Doesn’t look good for players who are searching for teams when they have little experience, but a shit wall of teams in their history, and its not like people would look at the dates, because if its that long they just won’t take two looks.

hans

edit: basically ^

There are people on ETF2L who at first glance look like clanhoppers simply because they have been troll-added and deleted from teams. There are also trolls who randomly join established teams without even knowing one of the players. Then there are people like me, who once accidentally added the wrong person to my old team’s roster. There was no way for that guy to “defend” himself from my mistake, I guess I’m just lucky that he never checked his etf2l team history!

Just because it doesn’t have a great impact on everyday life it doesn’t mean ETF2L shouldn’t consider changing it? It’s certainly not less/more important then being able to see the seasons on a player’s profile.

Last edited by hans,

The reason we don’t have it is because some people are lazy as fuck to the point where they even cba to press a button to accept being invited to a team/press a button to join a team. Each side comes with its downsides but this only screws 1 person’s history as opposed to potentially screwing a team due to a person not accepting being added.

Spike Himself

TC

There’s two sides to it though..

“we have recruited a new scout but he’s on holiday until next tuesday and the season starts monday, i cant add him to the roster, and now we cant sign up for the season because we only have 5 players”

lolage

TSPAG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lFq4Z7l6Ek&feature=related

GangsterAlgot

This is very serious! I just noticed I’ve been added to this team “HordeofGoats” for like 690 days! What the fuck, seriously not cool!

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

What is the reason for not deleting a team from a players history btw?

I was added to Octochris’s 1on1 team by accident and it cant/wont be removed from my profile.

Defend yourselves goddammit!

Trath

Quoted from Spike Himself

There’s two sides to it though..

“we have recruited a new scout but he’s on holiday until next tuesday and the season starts monday, i cant add him to the roster, and now we cant sign up for the season because we only have 5 players”

A rare case. As opposed to somebody looking to get our at you, makes a bunch of teams and adds you to them, all from a fake account. Or he thought you were in, but in fact you were still considering entering the team. A miilion good reasons for you to get screwed, as opposed to a rare situation, which if I may say, is that players fault, while the others are someone screwing you.

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

The reason we don’t have it is because some people are lazy as fuck to the point where they even cba to press a button to accept being invited to a team/press a button to join a team. Each side comes with its downsides but this only screws 1 person’s history as opposed to potentially screwing a team due to a person not accepting being added.

Your afraid to give players responsibility? why let them schedule there own play time? why do you punish a team if they dont show up to a match with a default? why do we have to find and organize a server for the official?

Sure, when you first add it, some mix ups may occur, do to people not knowing/forgetting that you know have to accept, but once it becomes the norm, its just another player responsibility. You want to join a team? YOU have to accept it ASAP so that you will be verified in time to play the game in 2 days, because the other team wont let you come as a merc.

Its that simple really…

achy

Quoted from emb

Just leave the team, big deal.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Trath

[…]

A rare case. As opposed to somebody looking to get our at you, makes a bunch of teams and adds you to them, all from a fake account. Or he thought you were in, but in fact you were still considering entering the team. A miilion good reasons for you to get screwed, as opposed to a rare situation, which if I may say, is that players fault, while the others are someone screwing you.

“rare case” applies to both

also your situation is “a player gets screwed over”, mine said “a player screws 5 others over”
not sure which is worse..

Quoted from Trath

[…]

Your afraid to give players responsibility? why let them schedule there own play time? why do you punish a team if they dont show up to a match with a default? why do we have to find and organize a server for the official?

Sure, when you first add it, some mix ups may occur, do to people not knowing/forgetting that you know have to accept, but once it becomes the norm, its just another player responsibility. You want to join a team? YOU have to accept it ASAP so that you will be verified in time to play the game in 2 days, because the other team wont let you come as a merc.

Its that simple really…

Not at all afraid to give people responsibility, it’s just that they’ve proven again and again that most people can’t handle it. Requiring a confirmation box would result in teams getting fucked over by lazy players – which is what we want to avoid.

[…]

“rare case” applies to both

also your situation is “a player gets screwed over”, mine said “a player screws 5 others over”

Also this.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

Not at all afraid to give people responsibility, it’s just that they’ve proven again and again that most people can’t handle it. Requiring a confirmation box would result in teams getting fucked over by lazy players – which is what we want to avoid.

If you don’t expect discipline from people, you will never teach them about it.
Quoted from emb

Just leave the team, big deal.

Not really.

Also some of you might want to fucking respect some people’s right to not play 6v6, apparently meeting someone not playing it here is still such a rare event people have to flip tables over it.

Last edited by freshmeatt,

hans

Well “a player gets screwed over” without any possibility to defend themself, presumably because someone tries to harm him on purpose.

Opposed to that you have a team that shows lack of organization. If they aren’t able to get their scout on the roster before he leaves on vacation, why do you expect they will be able to schedule and play their games on time?

So basically you’ll favour poorly organized teams over an innocent individual, and you’re asking which is worse?

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from hans

[…]

Well “a player gets screwed over” without any possibility to defend themself, presumably because someone tries to harm him on purpose.

Opposed to that you have a team that shows lack of organization. If they aren’t able to get their scout on the roster before he leaves on vacation, why do you expect they will be able to schedule and play their games on time?

Well, now that we’re traveling down the “rare cases” road anyway, it’s fairly possible that said scout lost internet connection just as he was to accept, and has no option to get online before he leaves his house for a week. It has an estimated 0% to do with a team being reliable.

But yeah, it’s very rare for this to happen, about as rare as someone deliberately giving someone a long team history (which doesn’t stop you from getting a team nor playing in a season, btw!)

Old_Grandma

OGizzle

how about an option to turn on or off the confirmation setting? :D:D:D:D

if this has been said already my bad, cba reading.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »