Forum

I was bored today, so I created a 5v5 Cup!

Created 18th July 2011 @ 19:30

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

konr

Quoted from King Pave

[…]

5 players and 2medics.. its not gonna work so if some1 wants to play with 2 medics why not?

Because one could use kritz and one could use uber. That coupled with a demoman, a soldier and a sniper at the back would be fucking ridiculous.

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

searching team! msg me!

bams

searching team
or would like to merc – add me:)

Mark

Phase

Bump.

Mark

Phase

Is this even going to happen? There’s a lot of potential!!

Pozitive

HWarriors

Quoted from Mark

…in valve time…

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

Quoted from Mark

Yes. Not sure when yet. Might be a while, I’m still on holiday!

Retsh0ck

32erz
2strong

great initiative! goodluck

4v4 is the way to go mang

Dr Icecream

Quoted from Pynklùùùnningen

4v4 is the way to go mang

Especially if there are no rules about pausing the game etc, amirite? :3

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

I’ve always said that I think TF2 would be a better competitive game being played 5v5 with class limit 1. Don’t get me wrong, the 6v6 game is good, and I would expect it to change, but there are a number of reasons.

Firstly, you keep the numbers lanable. So many events have to add a 6th PC to the stage, always causes problems (the machine doesn’t work or some crappy monitor or something). It keeps it inline with CS and CoD which would also make it easier for teams to move between games (a CS team coming to TF2 etc…).

The class limit 1 is key in 5v5. If you kept the existing class limits, it would basically be a case of dropping either a scout or a soldier. There would be absolutely no room for any of the utility classes to be played. With class limit 1, every team is going to run a soldier, scout, demoman, medic. The 5th player is the interesting one. A lot of teams will run with a heavy, but you can easily sub out a heavy for a sniper, a fulltime spy, a full time pyro etc…

The early mid fights would be interesting. 1 scout and 1 demo vs 1 scout and 1 demo. It discourages the ‘run across the point and shoot the demo in the face (pretty much what I like to do) because you would not want to risk losing your only scout so early.

You wouldn’t have a soldier to simply send on a suicide mission on their medic. Infact, there isn’t really anyone available to do so unless you plan on running a pocket heavy and demoman combo, and have your only soldier play roaming.

The only downside of 5v5 TF2 might be that the whole game becomes focussed on keeping a heavy alive. It might turn into a bit of… heavy vs heavy with assisting from the other classes, and whoever keeps their heavy alive will win because the other team will not have the damage output to take down the enemy heavy. But of course… snipers can counter heavies quite well…

Would love to see how this cup goes (if it hasn’t happened already). I don’t expect the competitive TF2 game would change, but it’s still something I’m interested in seeing in action. It also brings the immensly popular highlander game closer to the traditional competitive game.

Beater

Danmark
LEGO

Class limit 3: run 3 heavies and 2 medics, TF2 at it’s optimal.

Quoted from AcidReniX

The only downside of 5v5 TF2 might be that the whole game becomes focussed on keeping a heavy alive. It might turn into a bit of… heavy vs heavy with assisting from the other classes, and whoever keeps their heavy alive will win because the other team will not have the damage output to take down the enemy heavy. But of course… snipers can counter heavies quite well…

Sounds like pub. No thanks.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

The key in that was the word ‘might’.
It depends on how the meta game for it would evolve. At the start you would probably see both teams running a heavy, but I think snipers would come in to counter that strat as it’s hard to pressure a sniper when you only have one scout.

Still love the concept. scout, sol, med, demo + utility sounds pretty awesome.

Swarlz

Quoted from AcidReniX

The key in that was the word ‘might’.
It depends on how the meta game for it would evolve. At the start you would probably see both teams running a heavy, but I think snipers would come in to counter that strat as it’s hard to pressure a sniper when you only have one scout.

Still love the concept. scout, sol, med, demo + utility sounds pretty awesome.

Yeah, Agreed I can’t wait.

On that note looking for a team to play in for 5v5

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »