Forum

2v2 Practice

Created 1st July 2011 @ 20:23

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Saint28

[BB]

Unfortunately because the ultiduo map does not have bot paths this will not work on it, but you can still practice on other KOTH maps.

If you and your partner are already on lan together and one of you can successfully host a server then this bit about hamachi is not necessary.

Creating a server your partner can join

http://hamachi.brothersoft.com/hamachi1.0.1.5

1. Both you and your partner download Hamachi 1.0.1.5 from the link above.
Note: Scroll down on the page to get the download, it is not the big green flashing thing.

2. Once downloaded and installed power Hamachi on and one of you create a new network. This can be done by going to hamachi and clicking on the 2nd button from the left on the bottom. Then clicking Create New Network.

3. Once both parties are in the network, choose which one of your computers would be better suited for hosting the server. When chosen have them host the server in TF2 by using the create a server button.

4. The person that is not hosting but is connecting now needs to go to the program files for hamachi (C:Program FilesHamachi) and create a text file. In thet ext file they need to enter their current Hamachi IP, NOT THEIR ACTUAL IP, the Hamachi IP is found at the top of the Hamachi window. They enter a space in between that ip and they enter the IP of the person hosting. Except they need to change the last digit of the ip higher by one.

eg: 5.35.22.27 5.35.22.53 (If the ip of the host is 5.35.22.52, and the ip of the person connecting is 5.35.22.27)

save this text file as “aliases.txt”
You are now able to connect to the host using Hamachi!

5. Now the person connecting must launch Team Fortress 2, once in go to console by pressing “`”. Once in console type “connect “.

eg: connect 5.35.22.52

Setting up 2v2 Practice Bots
Once the host has created the TF2 server they need to create the bots. for the practice bots to be on Red team enter these commands into console

“mp_teams_unbalance_limit 0”
“tf_bot_add red 1 soldier hard”
“tf_bot_add red 1 medic hard”

for Blu

“mp_teams_unbalance_limit 0”
“tf_bot_add blue 1 soldier hard”
“tf_bot_add blue 1 medic hard”

Thats it! Good luck! Unfortunately bots are not as skilled as actual players but it is still good to get the hang of things. If someone were to create a version of the official map with bot paths then this config would work there.

Note: This will also work for 6v6 and Highlander by using these configs except by adding a demo, soldier, and two scout bots; or adding one of every class instead for Highlander.

Edited: By being on the official koth map and in console entering nav_generation it will draw paths for the bots that are pretty good.

Last edited by Saint28,

MOOGLE

i need an medic. im rlly good at dm :) you will win the money with ease.

cheers

flushy

P.O.P

Quoted from MOOGLE

i need an medic. im rlly good at dm :) you will win the money with ease.

cheers

mike is better

Saint28

[BB]

I already have a partner for the 2v2, and im not interested in joining a 6v6 team right now. I have school and such.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from flushy

[…]

mike is better

shut up dude or you’ll get air kicked.

Last edited by Skyride,

MOOGLE

moogle > mike

MOOGLE

btw, mike.. your clanless and such a geek, that you will read my post. lets make an team mwahahaha ohhhh wait.. you betray me and talk shit after some while because ur the best.. NOT

tbh.. im the hottest. thx

n00ne

Or, save yourself the trouble with hamachi by one of you creating a server, setting the command sv_lan to “0” and restarting the map.

Kinyu

popkõrns

I still can’t get who is moogle :(

dodgydogman

Panda

Or play with real people… And most likely 1 of the 4 people will have or be in a clan with a server…

Add A Reply Pages: 1